Amazon - One day delivery is a joke and lie?

Found 23rd Nov 2017
I ordered my Samsung s8 and I paid for One day delivery (£4.99) and I expect the item to arrive on Friday/Saturday because “One Day” special delivery 📦 but noooooo it says I get promise delivery on Monday... wtf is this? Why not call it 3 day special delivery then? What’s up with this? I got scammed
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments
I thought you couldn't afford one
26 Comments
complain youll get some reimbursement
Don’t thinks he wants money back he wants the phone , Black Friday I’m blaming that
Edited by: "rev6" 23rd Nov 2017
contact Amazon.
tregs11 m ago

He can, read the opening post.
@Sophia1993

"I ordered my Samsung s8 and I paid for One day delivery (£4.99) and I expect the item to arrive on Friday/Saturday because “One Day” special delivery 📦 but noooooo it says I get promise delivery on Monday... wtf is this? Why not call it 3 day special delivery then? What’s up with this? I got scammed"

Perhaps you should have asked for "One Day" special despatch.
ibblackberry16 m ago

He can, read the opening post.

I did, and where did they say they could now afford it when they said they couldn't previously?
Edited by: "tregs" 23rd Nov 2017
It’s happening everywhere. Happened to me and i got a £5 voucher + delivery reimbursed (though this happened the day after it was supposed to be delivered)
Had a very weird Amazon delivery this week, husband has a free prime trial and had a small order which was delivered the next day as expected. However 5 minutes later the delivery driver comes back and shows me a note on his little delivery device which says not to deliver our parcel but then to carry on his round as normal, he was worried because he had already given it to us and was asking for it back. I wouldn't give it back to him as by then we had already had an email confirming receipt . Live chatted Amazon who said not to worry about it and to keep the parcel, but it made me wonder if they are dropping scheduled deliveries as they can't fit them all in. EIther that or just a bug in their system , all very strange.
Their parcel network is very weak and in its infancy, so when it gets stressed it all goes to pot,your parcel will take less priority than stuff that is already late, assume and expect delays intill after Xmas now.
Email the and they will refund you the postage fee.
Amazon is all over the place at the moment it’s showing as 1 day but taking up to 4/5 days. customer service are snowed and no help. You can be lucky to get a locker delivery on Monday but most things now are Tuesday.
Edited by: "eslick" 23rd Nov 2017
If it was from the Amazon Warehouse deals. It could be getting shipped scross Europe.
I've had items arrive from Italy before now, depsite ordering on UK site.
There is always one....

You are that special one....

Sophia the first.
tregs10 h, 5 m ago

I did, and where did they say they could now afford it when they said they …I did, and where did they say they could now afford it when they said they couldn't previously?

He's bought one, by the implication of that statement he has now found the money or credit to be able to afford one.
since yesterday afternoon everything on amazon is showing as delivery for Monday. and I am PRIME.
tregs12 h, 1 m ago

It's funny that the post you linked to that contradicts this one also has a link to a post that contradicts the one you linked too.

Does that make any sense?

BS inception.
pfpf4 h, 10 m ago

since yesterday afternoon everything on amazon is showing as delivery for …since yesterday afternoon everything on amazon is showing as delivery for Monday. and I am PRIME.

I had this too, but some items showed tomorrow (now today) for delivery and I'd ordered them but have only now been dispatched and arriving Monday!

Live chat trying to tell me this is a stock issue and that they had to ship from a far away global fulfilment centre, but that's clearly nonsense as not a single item on their site shows for delivery tomorrow, Sunday or Monday. Tuesday at the earliest. So he's trying to tell me that Amazon doesn't have a single item in stock in the UK.
Just remember to call once delivered. Make your complaint. If they give you your postage back graet.Ask for one month prime free etc. If not happy. Wait for feedback email. Did i solve your issues Click no -not happy.Await for fhone call from them. I always got 1 month extra free prime in the past. But last 2 times the missed delivery, I got the item free. £48.00 of dishwasher tablets and a £14.00 damp meter.
So quite happy about that.
I wanted a keyboard on amazon today and saw the 27/11/17 date Not happy.
Looked on google and found Ebuyer had same item same price BUT delivered tomorrow.
So ordered at ebuyer.
I am on a Prime trial, and I certainly won't be continuing it, it's not worth the nothing I am paying! Up to now stuff has arrived SLOWER than it used to before on 5 day free delivery! In particular one item has been at the DPD depot 10 miles away since Saturday morning and I am still not to expect if before Thursday!
Everyday this week I have had texts and emails informing me of one delay or another
nihcaj6 m ago

I am on a Prime trial, and I certainly won't be continuing it, it's not …I am on a Prime trial, and I certainly won't be continuing it, it's not worth the nothing I am paying! Up to now stuff has arrived SLOWER than it used to before on 5 day free delivery! In particular one item has been at the DPD depot 10 miles away since Saturday morning and I am still not to expect if before Thursday! Everyday this week I have had texts and emails informing me of one delay or another

We've just had Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Things will be back to normal soon.
T
deeky1 h, 9 m ago

We've just had Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Things will be back to …We've just had Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Things will be back to normal soon.

If they can't provide the service, they shouldn't claim it.
I currently have 3 outstanding deliveries which are lost and 2 which are delayed by more than 4 weeks. Consider yourself lucky if it turns up
i complained that my prime deliveries are now taking 3 or 4 days to arrive and was given £10 gift credit.
Should have gone for the free delivery within 3 to 5 days, my order turned up today it's meant to turn up on Thursday
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants