Amazon out of stock but in stock

Posted 29th May 2023
Hello, In April somebody posted a deal for 6 bottles of Teissere Cherry Syrup which I ordered.
The items have still not been dispatched with Amazon saying they don't know when the item will be in stock.
If I go to my orders and click on the item it says they are in stock for immediate dispatch (albeit at a higher price now}
Has anyone had this experience before and are Amazon allowed to do that?
Thanks, Gary
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    tom1234321
    Although your problem has been solved as Amazon themselves don't have the item.

I just wanted to add this has happened to me before with the item being in stock with Amazon. I went to live chat to ask why I'm still waiting weeks for delivery estimate yet it's in-stock. They gave me £5 credit and sent it out that day. The price was much higher too which is why I didn't cancel and reorder.

So if you ever do order something and this does happen as long as it's in-stock with Amazon themselves always best to contact them. (edited)
    ander
    Was it this? - amazon.co.uk/dp/…OLE

If so, then Amazon itself doesn't have this for sale at the moment, it's all marketplace sellers

50272520-A5hyW.jpg
    50272520-Jv8LT.jpg
    Gazmando Author
    Oh right, thanks for pointing that out. I didn't even think to check if it was from other sellers.
    TristanDeCoonha
    They do similar with the Bahco adjustables. If you want it for discount then you have to wait 5 weeks. But if you are happy to pay almost double then you can have it next day
    newbie68
    Had it a few times. Lastly with a potato peeler (where it showed in stock from other sellers from the day I bought it. Other sellers where selling it at £8) I bought for under £2. I received multiple emails from Amazon over the months wanting me to cancel the order as they had no stock. I refused and waited.

8 months later it was dispatched
    Gazmando Author
    The same thing happened to me with a big bag of cat crunchies but I eventually caved in and cancelled the order. Looks like I should have held out like you.
    It seems to be a little tactic that Amazon use. (edited)
's avatar
Discussions
Top Merchants