Amazon payment authorisation

Posted 31st May
Guys I need to know how long HSBC take to release money back to account when retailer not claim pending authorisation.

Short story is I pre ordered oneplus 8 Pro from amazon and they obviously authorised £799 from bank account. So bank set aside the amount which i know.

Then I got a better deal from ebay and cancelled the pre-order. That was last (24th) Sunday night and bank still not released the funds back to me . No point calling amazon as they will say they didn't claim the money.

I'm really annoyed now, I have few direct debits to go this week.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Should be released tomorrow, as it was bank holiday Monday it’s been delayed but it takes 5 working days.
CrimsonSilver31/05/2020 10:24

Should be released tomorrow, as it was bank holiday Monday it’s been d …Should be released tomorrow, as it was bank holiday Monday it’s been delayed but it takes 5 working days.

If that's the case, great. Thanx for reply.
My last one took 2 days, that was last week.
fearona31/05/2020 11:35

My last one took 2 days, that was last week.

What bank? And is it cancellation or for dispatch item. For dispatched items amazon claim money with in 2 days.
@CrimsonSilver i got my money today. you're correct it took 5 working days as you said. thanx again for the reply.
@Bigspin glad I could help out. I know far too much about the bank processing systems! Down to timings and everything! Very sad man. Cheers
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants