Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Amazon possible glitch

Posted 29th Oct
Not posting it as a deal because I don't know if they made a mistake just with me or if it is a proper glitch... anyway, I ordered from the Pantry the other day amazon.co.uk/And…-14

I received the retail box of 4 multipacks instead of just one multipack of 3 packets, so I have now 12 packets in total for the price of 3!
Pic shows what I received. Might be interesting for someone who was already gonna order them.

3319546-qGvCF.jpg
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

22 Comments
Well done! I think you got lucky
Staff too lazy to open the box to get the packets out, not the first time I seen this at Amazon.
Not defending them but they dont get paid enough to do that on tight time schedules
googley229/10/2019 20:11

Staff too lazy to open the box to get the packets out, not the first time …Staff too lazy to open the box to get the packets out, not the first time I seen this at Amazon.

If there is one thing that can ever be said about Amazon workers, it definitely is not that they are lazy. Do you not pay any attention to the news and see what they have to do?

Looks more like confusion to me. It could be taken as 1 unit is a 3x40 pack and the listing info says you get 3 units.

38839641-UeEOT.jpg
Biddy229/10/2019 20:17

If there is one thing that can ever be said about Amazon workers, it …If there is one thing that can ever be said about Amazon workers, it definitely is not that they are lazy. Do you not pay any attention to the news and see what they have to do? Looks more like confusion to me. It could be taken as 1 unit is a 3x40 pack and the listing info says you get 3 units. [Image]

Hmm?
Biddy229/10/2019 20:17

If there is one thing that can ever be said about Amazon workers, it …If there is one thing that can ever be said about Amazon workers, it definitely is not that they are lazy. Do you not pay any attention to the news and see what they have to do? Looks more like confusion to me. It could be taken as 1 unit is a 3x40 pack and the listing info says you get 3 units. [Image]

That price is for a multipack of 3 packets. It's the usual offer you get in supermarkets. You'd never get 4 multipacks for £2.99
Each of those boxes has 4 multipacks inside. Each multipack has 3 packets of 40 wipes inside.
They might make the same mistake with others so I thought I'd post about it.
hearts2229/10/2019 20:22

That price is for a multipack of 3 packets. It's the usual offer you get …That price is for a multipack of 3 packets. It's the usual offer you get in supermarkets. You'd never get 4 multipacks for £2.99Each of those boxes has 4 multipacks inside. Each multipack has 3 packets of 40 wipes inside. They might make the same mistake with others so I thought I'd post about it.

I’m not criticising you.

I’m just saying the listing could have been misunderstood by the worker to treat 1 multipack as 1 unit (yes, the math doesn’t add up as it would really be 4 units) so they just grabbed the box and dispatched it. Amazon are well known to make these quantity errors on their listings that cause confusion for the warehouse workers. I recently had an error delivered this past week.
Edited by: "Biddy2" 29th Oct
I discovered they all contains plastic so I've stopped buying all wipes, plus you defo should not put any down the toilet.... unless you want to helps make a fat berg down in the sewer
jam1229/10/2019 20:48

.... unless you want to helps make a fat berg down in the sewer

"berg"?
deals6929/10/2019 20:14

Not defending them but they dont get paid enough to do that on tight time …Not defending them but they dont get paid enough to do that on tight time schedules

It’s their job isn’t it? If their manager found out they were cutting corners like that they wouldn’t be there long
jam1229/10/2019 20:48

I discovered they all contains plastic so I've stopped buying all …I discovered they all contains plastic so I've stopped buying all wipes, plus you defo should not put any down the toilet.... unless you want to helps make a fat berg down in the sewer

They are flushable so they disintegrate just fine. It says “biodegradable” so no plastic either. They wouldn't be allowed to market them as flushable if they clogged toilets and sewers. The problems are caused by wipes like baby wipes or make up ones that aren’t meant to be flushed.
Been using them for years since there is no bidet here in the UK and never had them cause issues in the toilet. Had more issues with a lot of thick toilet paper not going down too well once.

I was meant to buy them when I did my online shopping the other day at Ocado and I forgot so got them on Amazon. Was a good idea in the end lol
Edited by: "hearts22" 29th Oct
hearts2229/10/2019 21:40

They are flushable so they disintegrate just fine. It says “biodegradable” …They are flushable so they disintegrate just fine. It says “biodegradable” so no plastic either. They wouldn't be allowed to market them as flushable if they clogged toilets and sewers. The problems are caused by wipes like baby wipes or make up ones that aren’t meant to be flushed.Been using them for years since there is no bidet here in the UK and never had them cause issues in the toilet. Had more issues with a lot of thick toilet paper not going down too well once.I was meant to buy them when I did my online shopping the other day at Ocado and I forgot so got them on Amazon. Was a good idea in the end lol

They may say they are biodegradable but they aren't. About 90 percent of blockages "fat bergs" are made up from wipes, costing millions each year to clear.
Test to see- put a wipe in a glass of water and see if it breaks up and disappears.
spyro12330/10/2019 00:03

They may say they are biodegradable but they aren't. About 90 percent of …They may say they are biodegradable but they aren't. About 90 percent of blockages "fat bergs" are made up from wipes, costing millions each year to clear.Test to see- put a wipe in a glass of water and see if it breaks up and disappears.

In simple water no. Biodegradable means enzymes decompose the wipe over time like with food etc. and in a sewer there are tons of enzymes naturally. You'd have to make the experiment in a compost bin or something like that. It will take time.

I already said... The wipes that cause issues are baby wipes and the ones to clean makeup and so on, and they're not described as flushable. In the sewer they are indistinguishable so people think toilet wipes do that too.

Also, they can't falsely advertise they're biodegradable if they're not. How come no one has fined Andrex etc. if the wipes don't disintegrate like advertised?
If you have proof they're not, like a study made with wipes marketed as biodegradable that don't degrade over time, then I will believe you.
When they write about wipes forming the massive clogs they never make the distinction and specify what sort of wipes are in there (because it's impossible mainly).
Unfortunately lots of idiots that flush baby wipes and the likes and even sanitary towels or nappies, which I find baffling. You'd have the clogs even banning toilet wipes.

This thread wasn't about whether buying them is good or not. It was just about a possible glitch anyway
hearts2230/10/2019 05:51

In simple water no. Biodegradable means enzymes decompose the wipe over …In simple water no. Biodegradable means enzymes decompose the wipe over time like with food etc. and in a sewer there are tons of enzymes naturally. You'd have to make the experiment in a compost bin or something like that. It will take time. I already said... The wipes that cause issues are baby wipes and the ones to clean makeup and so on, and they're not described as flushable. In the sewer they are indistinguishable so people think toilet wipes do that too. Also, they can't falsely advertise they're biodegradable if they're not. How come no one has fined Andrex etc. if the wipes don't disintegrate like advertised? If you have proof they're not, like a study made with wipes marketed as biodegradable that don't degrade over time, then I will believe you. When they write about wipes forming the massive clogs they never make the distinction and specify what sort of wipes are in there (because it's impossible mainly). Unfortunately lots of idiots that flush baby wipes and the likes and even sanitary towels or nappies, which I find baffling. You'd have the clogs even banning toilet wipes.This thread wasn't about whether buying them is good or not. It was just about a possible glitch anyway

Well done on the wipes glitch @hearts22

But @spyro123 is correct even flushable wipes block pipes and it is an issue I had to get a Yorkshire water engineer out and he explained the issue was those so called flushable wipes which actually shouldn’t be flushed

info here

google.co.uk/amp…354

yorkshirewater.com/blo…ges
You shouldn’t put anything but human waste and the smallest amount of toilet paper down the toilet, (as regardless of what’s on the package/boxes), the sewage system and the pipe work generally down there isn’t made for it.

I spent about 20+ years working on my local council and a lot of it was in the sewerage and drains and if your area is like mine it’s definitely in need of a massive amount of work and money and you’d change your ways very quickly!

Other than that nice one with the order
myusernamehasgone23430/10/2019 06:02

Well done on the wipes glitch @hearts22 But @spyro123 is correct even …Well done on the wipes glitch @hearts22 But @spyro123 is correct even flushable wipes block pipes and it is an issue I had to get a Yorkshire water engineer out and he explained the issue was those so called flushable wipes which actually shouldn’t be flushedinfo herehttps://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-46188354https://www.yorkshirewater.com/blockages

I am curious to know how they manage to distinguish toilet wipes from the other types in the sewers and the tests are made with water lol. They are supposed to break down in a sewer context, with the enzymes and bacteria and so on normally in the environment. I repeat, these are now, at least, marketed on the packaging as specifically biodegradable. Not just flushable. That means no plastic fibres. I looked at the ingredients and it says paper mix from responsible sources. If there was plastic they would have to declare it!
When I see a study showing in the same conditions found in a sewer they don't break down at all I will believe it. As it stands tests made with wipes in water and for who knows how long as well don’t prove much. Where is the link to the tests to see in what conditions and so on they carried out the experiment? That is what with any reputable study you should link to.
Those articles remind me of the scaremongering about talc... some study made on women using talc and already at risk of cancer due to their age and the hormones taken says they developed cancer and immediately they go on to proclaim “talc causes cancer”... then you go and look up the actual study and you see it isn't exactly like that!
Edited by: "hearts22" 30th Oct
hearts2230/10/2019 08:16

I am curious to know how they manage to distinguish toilet wipes from the …I am curious to know how they manage to distinguish toilet wipes from the other types in the sewers and the tests are made with water lol. They are supposed to break down in a sewer context, with the enzymes and bacteria and so on normally in the environment. I repeat, these are now, at least, marketed on the packaging as specifically biodegradable. Not just flushable. That means no plastic fibres. When I see a study showing in the same conditions found in a sewer they don't break down at all I will believe it. As it stands tests made with wipes in water and for who knows how long as well don’t prove much. Where is the link to the tests to see in what conditions and so on they carried out the experiment? That is what with any reputable study you should link to. Those articles remind me of the scaremongering about talc... some study made on women using talc and already at risk of cancer due to their age and the hormones taken says they developed cancer and immediately they go on to proclaim “talc causes cancer”... then you go and look up the actual study and you see it isn't exactly like that!

Clearly it is an issue if the packing has now changed

I never used baby wipe only flushable wipes and my drain got blocked and had to have Yorkshire water so was just trying to give others a heads up.

I have known it happen to others too not just myself.

Flushable toilet wipes tend to be smaller in size that baby wipes perhaps that’s how they know.
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 30th Oct
myusernamehasgone23430/10/2019 08:29

Clearly it is an issue if the packing has now changed I never used baby …Clearly it is an issue if the packing has now changed I never used baby wipe only flushable wipes and my drain got blocked and had to have Yorkshire water so was just trying to give others a heads up.I have known it happen to others too not just myself. Flushable toilet wipes tend to be smaller in size that baby wipes perhaps that’s how they know.

It says paper mix from responsible sources as well... if they contained plastic it would have to be declared by law as ingredients have to be on the packaging. I don’t know if they were biodegradable before too. I just know they say so now.
Well my toilet got blocked with 3-ply toilet paper so it is using too much of anything
Edited by: "hearts22" 30th Oct
hearts2230/10/2019 08:31

It says paper mix from responsible sources as well... if they contained …It says paper mix from responsible sources as well... if they contained plastic it would have to be declared by law as ingredients have to be on the packaging.

I never stated they contained plastic I was merely stating that flushable wipes do block drains
myusernamehasgone23430/10/2019 08:32

I never stated they contained plastic I was merely stating that flushable …I never stated they contained plastic I was merely stating that flushable wipes do block drains

Not you. Others have. I didnt mean to say you said that. It was just info for you and everyone else
'Put a wipe into an empty plastic bottle and half fill with water. Shake well for a minute. If it's not completely dissolved, it's not flushable.'

When doing the above the Andrex Washlets do dissolve unlike most others.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants