Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Amazon pre-order payment taken

Posted 23rd Apr
I pre-ordered some items for when they are in stock (sold and dispatched by Amazon) - it said when ordering that I wouldn't be charged until the items are dispatched

The items are still not in stock (no longer available to pre-order), and the transactions no longer show as "Pending" on my online banking. They are showing as completed transactions and are both marked as "Transfer"

Has anyone else had this happen to them? If so, were you refunded automatically? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
Hop on Amazon chat. They'll explain/sort it out.
Same happened to me. I was charged the full amount and only part of my order was delivered as they are waiting for the webcam to come back in stock.
Hullablue23/04/2020 12:00

Same happened to me. I was charged the full amount and only part of my …Same happened to me. I was charged the full amount and only part of my order was delivered as they are waiting for the webcam to come back in stock.

Possibly the items are coming in stock, just not marked so yet and therefore I've been charged? I'm going on chat as suggested above to confirm though. Thanks for your comment
They do this now, I have Douwe Egberts coffee and 3 storage baskets that I ordered at the beginning of the month but it said we will dispatch once in stock, Amazon has taken the money already but still no sign of a date for delivery
All sorted. Orders were cancelled automatically yesterday due to lack of stock. Refund will be done automatically. Thanks both
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions