Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Amazon Pre-Orders Promise & Payment Release?

Posted 25th SepEdited by:"lettherebedeals"
Hi All, May I ask are any of you aware if Amazon pre-order promise still exists? and if so, should the price be decreased are you guaranteed to get the item lowest price? over the last few months I have seen some threads suggesting that Amazon now take the money prior to the item been dispatched is this true? According to Amazon they do not take the money until the item is in stock and is sent out for delivery but some forums & buyers are suggesting otherwise, complaining the money as already been deducted from their bank account or credit cards?

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
they are taking the money from what has been said on here for a while now but even thats not totally clear, best to chat with them and find out, not seen any mention of the price policy for a while though.
They keep the money pending in your account so you can't use it
Present some Amazon statements to Amazon if the procedure is not to your liking:
"...Payment for your pre-order is taken when your item is dispatched to you."
amazon.co.uk/gp/…640
and
"...Whenever you pre-order an item eligible for our Pre-order Price Guarantee, the price you pay will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.co.uk between the time you place your order up to and including the end of the day of the release date."
amazon.co.uk/gp/…060
Thanks for all your comments, which as answered my questions.
deals6925/09/2019 10:11

They keep the money pending in your account so you can't use it

They charge on the 7th day after ordering and the money leaves your account. Had it happen 3 times now.

You’ll never know which items it happens on until you order though. It’s a new policy change and one that is all over the place currently. The preorder price guarantee is still in place however.
They changed it temporarily on pre orders where they took payment 5 working days after placing the order. However they have since changed it back to only taking the money on despatch... Keep in mind this is only for Pre-orders but they do take money immediately for temporarily out of stock items (back order).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants