Groups

amazon preorder guarantee

I preordered Zelda SE for £89.99 on Amazon, and noticed it was briefly back in stock yesterday for a tenner less. I emailed them to ask whether my preorder price would be changed under their guarantee, but their reply was very noncommittal.

To people who have user their pre order guarantee before: how does it work? should i see a price change in my order, or do they only calculate this on dispatch?

4 Comments

Same boat, pal. They guaranteed that I would be charged the lowest amount at which the game ever drops at... we'll see, ey

Mine happened quite the opposite. I pre-ordered Zelda ABOTW (WiiU version) roughly 1-2 weeks ago now, £40. Just noticed today the price for said game is now £48, yet I look locked in at my original pre-order price - fingers crossed. March 3rd can't come soon enough.

I took a screenshot and sent them the link for camelcamelcamel showing the price dropped on the 16th... Amazon are useless lately, customer service doesn't exist anymore. They used to have great service. They kept saying that it was another seller that dropped the price... even though there has not been a 3rd party seller on that pre order. They also said for me to cancel and re order even though it's now out of stock. I may as well of been speaking to siri. I had to escalate to a manager as they annoyed me how stupid they were. Waiting on an email response.

Edit: The answer to your second question is the price should change in your order summary within 24 hours of the price dropping (as stated in their T's & C's). My guess is that it hasn't happened as the item went out of stock to fast at the lower price to trigger the change.
    Edited by: "JohnnyRoller" 19th Jan

Original Poster

JohnnyRoller

I took a screenshot and sent them the link for camelcamelcamel showing … I took a screenshot and sent them the link for camelcamelcamel showing the price dropped on the 16th... Amazon are useless lately, customer service doesn't exist anymore. They used to have great service. They kept saying that it was another seller that dropped the price... even though there has not been a 3rd party seller on that pre order. They also said for me to cancel and re order even though it's now out of stock. I may as well of been speaking to siri. I had to escalate to a manager as they annoyed me how stupid they were. Waiting on an email response.Edit: The answer to your second question is the price should change in your order summary within 24 hours of the price dropping (as stated in their T's & C's). My guess is that it hasn't happened as the item went out of stock to fast at the lower price to trigger the change.

thanks. might see if i can preorder on shopto - i think it was at the lower price there.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother67
      2. What laptop to choose?11
      3. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??33
      4. Laptop screen backlight issue23

See more discussions