Amazon Price fight

Ive just been watching a price war between Amazon and a 3rd party seller that is selling the same item via Amazon Fulfilled.
It started out at £32 and has been rapidly decreasing on average by 10p decrements , its now £28.
The 3rd party seller reduces and then Amazon and so on. I presume they are both using an automated pricing system but it seems odd that they are using it against each other as the 3rd party is fulfilled by amazon anyway.

5 Comments

It happens all the time. Amazon wins either way as they get fees when the seller sells something. I believe 30% of the profit Amazon makes is from 3rd party sellers.

Yeah, I once watched a camera lens slowly drop from around £210 to £120 over a weekend. I guess someone bought it because the price shot back up. Next time around I bought it when it had again slowly dropped in price. Got a good deal

Some conartists know that its automated and manipulate the system to buy items much cheaper.

They add a product to the same listing (that never exists) and reduce the price to make much cheaper
Then they purchase the product at hugely discounted cost they created and then quickly remove the item that never existed.

Original Poster

Sandy1012

Some conartists know that its automated and manipulate the system to buy … Some conartists know that its automated and manipulate the system to buy items much cheaper.They add a product to the same listing (that never exists) and reduce the price to make much cheaperThen they purchase the product at hugely discounted cost they created and then quickly remove the item that never existed.

Ive heard that before though I would think that Amazon are smart enough that their system will detect new sellers and therefore not enable the auto response.

Original Poster

I purchased the item lat night from amazon direct, it looks like after that the pricing war stopped with no increase afterwards.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…33
    2. Advertised on Gumtree55
    3. Remortgaging to pay off debt89
    4. Cheapest new phone line install existing customer56

See more discussions