Groups

Amazon price guarantee

Does anyone know if Amazon still operates it's price guarantee,whereby they refund you the difference if an item you bought reduces in price shortly after purchase.If they do,how do you go about claiming ?

5 Comments

they dont do it anymore can send them an email and try some people still have success although we recently tried to get a price difference on an item that dropped within hours of buying an item which had not even been dispatched and was refused so appears they may be cutting back

Hi,i had to email them as a hardrive id bought went down £5 the same night id bought it !

i received a email back saying they no longer do price guarantee but as im a good customer they would refund me the £5 this one time ..

So i would say a nice polite email could get you the difference back .

shacal

Hi,i had to email them as a hardrive id bought went down £5 the same … Hi,i had to email them as a hardrive id bought went down £5 the same night id bought it ! i received a email back saying they no longer do price guarantee but as im a good customer they would refund me the £5 this one time ..So i would say a nice polite email could get you the difference back .

thats my experience too-a polite email saying that you are a bit disappointed that the price has dropped just after you ordered and they will usually refund-if you start ranting and raving they will give you nothing

Banned

I 5 copys of new vegas at £19.99 then it dropped to £17.99. Sent them a nice message and they gave me a £10 refund. Does work sometimes, make sure your polite.
    Edited by: "speedy1477" 24th Dec 2010

Original Poster

Thanks for the replies guys,a nice polite email it is then.lol

Edited by: "bazr" 24th Dec 2010
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767413
      2. [Xbox] 6 Months Xbox Live For £14.99 (When Purchasing Selected Games At Ama…36
      3. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?45
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876390

See more discussions