Amazon price reduction.

Posted 18th Dec 2019Edited by:"Paddy_o_furniture"
Bought my Mam a Kindle for Xmas yesterday, it's due to be delivered to a locker today. This morning Amazon reduced it by £20. I've asked Amazon to refund me the £20 (which I know they don't have to do). They point blank refused stating. I have buy the Kindle again to get it at the lower price the either collect and return the product or leave in the locker for so many days to be returned for my refund.
Wasn't Amazon really good with this sort of stuff at one point? When did it change, or have I just hit unlucky with the CS I spoke to?

Again, I know they don't have to take it back.
Community Updates
21 Comments
Standard policy, makes no odds really tho.
davewave18/12/2019 10:24

Standard policy, makes no odds really tho.

Just surely makes sense on a CS side to offer me a credit, sure they used to do this?
just dont pick it up from the locker and they will send it back and refund, order again for collection from a different place.

They used to do it but then they used to be easy to deal with and bend over backwards to help
Edited by: "eslick" 18th Dec 2019
I'd suggest leaving in the locker and buy again. It'll get returned for a refund and you wont have to go through the process (and possible cost) of a return
ask for a more senior member, i did that and they just gave me the difference in credit
Rune_2H18/12/2019 10:44

Comment deleted

It's a shame because I'll just go and buy one from Argos instead of reordering.
grifo18/12/2019 11:14

ask for a more senior member, i did that and they just gave me the …ask for a more senior member, i did that and they just gave me the difference in credit

I'll try that, not holding my breath though.
Paddy_o_furniture18/12/2019 10:26

Just surely makes sense on a CS side to offer me a credit, sure they used …Just surely makes sense on a CS side to offer me a credit, sure they used to do this?

[ hotukdeals.com/com…269 ]
The important bit in @eslick excellent advice is make sure it is delivered to a different location, as otherwise if you try & collect the new one before they've picked up the old one the code will open all lockers containing your orders.

Just surely makes sense on a CS side to offer me a credit, sure they used …Just surely makes sense on a CS side to offer me a credit, sure they used to do this?

Yeah I thought the same, a bit silly.
IamMT18/12/2019 11:41

The important bit in @eslick excellent advice is make sure it is delivered …The important bit in @eslick excellent advice is make sure it is delivered to a different location, as otherwise if you try & collect the new one before they've picked up the old one the code will open all lockers containing your orders.

I'll just get one from Argos, save the hassle of that.

Things like this have been abused too many times, which is why they’ve cut down. The service is still better than a lot of places, it’s a risk you take when purchasing from a place with flexible pricing. I don’t see anyone running to offer the additional when the price goes up.
choccie3218/12/2019 12:43

Things like this have been abused too many times, which is why they’ve cut …Things like this have been abused too many times, which is why they’ve cut down. The service is still better than a lot of places, it’s a risk you take when purchasing from a place with flexible pricing. I don’t see anyone running to offer the additional when the price goes up.

Don't dispute that, but I haven't even taken hold of the item yet.
Been this way for at least a couple of years, they don't refund the difference any longer, you have to buy again at lower price and return the higher priced item
... and if it's to be believed, you run the risk of having your account cancelled due to returning too many items, it used to be such an easy process, contact cs and they just gave you the balance, surely this return reorder method costs them tons more.
Ive had to return items (usually due to faults) , refunds have been credited very promptly (often next day)upon verification of return (both via Hermes and Post Office ) which would let you get the item at the now reduced price (time / energy permitting !)
Off the subject but what is ‘delivered to locker’?
toonsquirel18/12/2019 17:01

Off the subject but what is ‘delivered to locker’?

it's where the item you order is delivered to an Amazon locker. I've never used one but I believe you get a code to open your locker.
These are found, for example, in shopping centres. this means you can pick up the item whenever you want, often 24 hours a day.
DLB00818/12/2019 17:21

it's where the item you order is delivered to an Amazon locker. I've never …it's where the item you order is delivered to an Amazon locker. I've never used one but I believe you get a code to open your locker.These are found, for example, in shopping centres. this means you can pick up the item whenever you want, often 24 hours a day.

Living out in the sticks is probably why I’ve never heard of it then and I doubt I’ll get the option ever. Where I live it’s pretty safe so all delivery companies just stick all parcels (when out) in sheds, behind bins or through open windows. In fact a big majority of people just leave doors open 24/7.
If it's not been delivered yet just request cancellation and make a new order? I had something due to be delivered on Monday, when it was only 4 stops away I'd realised the item I wanted I'd already bought and forgot about it lol

Canceled it in my account and got the refund today! Saved me posting it back and the cost!
McShane118/12/2019 17:32

If it's not been delivered yet just request cancellation and make a new …If it's not been delivered yet just request cancellation and make a new order? I had something due to be delivered on Monday, when it was only 4 stops away I'd realised the item I wanted I'd already bought and forgot about it lol Canceled it in my account and got the refund today! Saved me posting it back and the cost!

Tried that, refused. They've been a bit naff with me. I'll just leave it in the locker. Bought one from Argos as Amazon have annoyed me for a day or 2.
polkadot18/12/2019 16:48

Ive had to return items (usually due to faults) , refunds have been …Ive had to return items (usually due to faults) , refunds have been credited very promptly (often next day)upon verification of return (both via Hermes and Post Office ) which would let you get the item at the now reduced price (time / energy permitting !)

I remember buying an Anki Cozmo from Amazon.us it went faulty within a month. Rather than return it they told me to bin it and sent me a replacement.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions