Amazon prices

Found 21st Feb
If you buy a product & it keeps going down in price within 30 days of purchasing can you claim the money back?

After a pair of wireless headphones & they have gone down in price several times over the last week! Currently £15 difference
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
doesnt hurt asking
They don't really like it.

But they do normally offer a price difference and say just this one time etc, but if you accept - you're not eligible for a return, unless the product is faulty etc.

So, you could just return and re-buy which is long, but up to you if you think it's worth it
I think if you're a regular customer they will likely give you the difference but it's not a cert. I've done it a few times
I ask just because the headphones are currently £315! I am a prime member so I’m guessing that could swing in my favour!?.
I'm a very regular Amazon customer and bought a jigsaw puzzle last summer. Within three days of purchase it had been reduced by £8. They refused to refund the difference but as a goodwill gesture, they paid for aa shipping label so I could return the one I had purchased and ordered one at the lower price. Bit of a faff but it was worth the trip to the post office.
if the price went up would you be ok if amazon billed you the increase ?
squiff50 m ago

I'm a very regular Amazon customer and bought a jigsaw puzzle last summer. …I'm a very regular Amazon customer and bought a jigsaw puzzle last summer. Within three days of purchase it had been reduced by £8. They refused to refund the difference but as a goodwill gesture, they paid for aa shipping label so I could return the one I had purchased and ordered one at the lower price. Bit of a faff but it was worth the trip to the post office.

How silly! Would have been better just to refund the difference!🤨
xsor21st Feb

They don't really like it.But they do normally offer a price difference …They don't really like it.But they do normally offer a price difference and say just this one time etc, but if you accept - you're not eligible for a return, unless the product is faulty etc.So, you could just return and re-buy which is long, but up to you if you think it's worth it

Actually, amazon are a lot more lenient. They let me return an opened and played game. They even covered the postage! Just start up a live chat or request a call and they it’s not fit for purpose etc. They’re really efficient.
mattmerch1 h, 24 m ago

I agree with this in a lot of ways. Would members here go back to Tesco and ask for the difference back face to face or is it just easier with Amazon because you can do it online.
mattmerch5 h, 16 m ago

Not this rubbish response again.
bseal194712 h, 17 m ago

I agree with this in a lot of ways. Would members here go back to Tesco …I agree with this in a lot of ways. Would members here go back to Tesco and ask for the difference back face to face or is it just easier with Amazon because you can do it online.

The prices in supermarkets (I don't shop at Tesco, so can't say for them) are relatively stable. For example, at Aldi, my porridge has been the same price for 4 years. However, the pricing at Amazon is a bit of a lottery as anyone who has a few items in their basket for a while will attest. Some items in my basket change price almost daily, however, I don't believe that the costs that Amazon incur in selling those items fluctuate daily.

In other words, how can Aldi purchase and retail my porridge at a constant price whereas Amazon cannot do the same for a DVD. The answer is that Amazon can do it of course. Their costs are relatively fixed and they can buy a consignment of the DVD at a certain price and can therefore retail it at a fixed price. However they choose not to. There must be a reason they change the prices so often and you can bet that it's to make more money for themselves rather than to save customers money. If the price of one item goes down, than someone else is making up the difference somewhere else.

I think if a supermarket reduced the price of my shopping to the customer who was behind me in the queue, I might feel justified in asking why.
Pandamansays5 h, 44 m ago

The prices in supermarkets (I don't shop at Tesco, so can't say for them) …The prices in supermarkets (I don't shop at Tesco, so can't say for them) are relatively stable. For example, at Aldi, my porridge has been the same price for 4 years. However, the pricing at Amazon is a bit of a lottery as anyone who has a few items in their basket for a while will attest. Some items in my basket change price almost daily, however, I don't believe that the costs that Amazon incur in selling those items fluctuate daily. In other words, how can Aldi purchase and retail my porridge at a constant price whereas Amazon cannot do the same for a DVD. The answer is that Amazon can do it of course. Their costs are relatively fixed and they can buy a consignment of the DVD at a certain price and can therefore retail it at a fixed price. However they choose not to. There must be a reason they change the prices so often and you can bet that it's to make more money for themselves rather than to save customers money. If the price of one item goes down, than someone else is making up the difference somewhere else. I think if a supermarket reduced the price of my shopping to the customer who was behind me in the queue, I might feel justified in asking why.

Fair enough.

I was more thinking that you don’t see comments of people saying they will contact a supermarket to get the difference back because they bought a bottle of whiskey on Friday but it was then reduced next Wednesday, for example.
I had a chat regarding similar scenario with Amazon Customer Services representative who informed me if the price of the product is reduced within 12 months which is sold and dispatched by Amazon it can be returned. You will get a full refund and can buy the same product at the reduced price.
From my experience yes and no. If it's fulfilled and sold by Amazon then yes you have a chance, if it's not then no. When it's not they will simply tell you to return the item for a refund.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 22nd Feb
Another £5 off since posting this question 24hrs ago! For anyone is interested in the headphones

Sony WH-1000XM2 Wireless Over-Ear Noise Cancelling High Resolution Headphones with Gesture Control, Activity Recognition, 30 Hours Battery Life - Black amazon.co.uk/dp/…5PQ
absami4 h, 46 m ago

I had a chat regarding similar scenario with Amazon Customer Services …I had a chat regarding similar scenario with Amazon Customer Services representative who informed me if the price of the product is reduced within 12 months which is sold and dispatched by Amazon it can be returned. You will get a full refund and can buy the same product at the reduced price.

Within 12 months!? Are you sure??
gibbo821 h, 21 m ago

Within 12 months!? Are you sure??

Yes, correct. I have the chat log saved which I double checked today
Gone back up to £329!!
Amazon did this to me, i asked for the difference to be returned - they refused. I took my custom elsewhere. Tbh I've not been overly affected
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants