amazon prime 2 firestocks

Hi,
I have a fire stick with Amazon prime, I have bought another fire stick to give as a gift for Christmas to my brother in law If I set the fire stick Up on the device I'm giving for Christmas to be my Amazon details will this work?
Many thanks

9 Comments

Yes

If he doesn't like it and sells it on eBay if will still have your Amazon details unless if is reset.

Yes it will work but also remember is a limit on how many devices you can have against your account. As others have pointed out you would need to be sure it will not be sold on, ensure 1-click ordering etc is switched off in case they buy any content. Also you will see any apps they have downloaded on your amazon account and recent watchlist, continue watching favourites etc etc. If by setup you mean you have placed side loaded apps onto the device you can de-register the firestick afterwards and let him logon with his own Amazon account details and the side loaded apps will still show fine. You will also give them access to your account settings. Any recommend playlists/movies/music etc etc will also be based upon what has been watched/listened too on your account. As a Amazon Music user myself also it could be a mega pain seeing each other playlists etc.
Edit: Forgot to add also if either of you setup parental controls that is by account not device so would need to share the same pin etc.

Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 4th Dec 2016

Excellent post just a few questions firstly number of devices against your account by this presume you mean at the same time

As i have set up lots for family and friends but deregister afterwards so they can use their own account afterwards

Parent controls i think are by device because i have 2 sticks and a amazon firetv box and i have only set one up with parent controls also when im setting up for others I can go into settings without pin ( maybe you set it up through your amazon account)

madmax666

Excellent post just a few questions firstly number of devices against … Excellent post just a few questions firstly number of devices against your account by this presume you mean at the same time As i have set up lots for family and friends but deregister afterwards so they can use their own account afterwardsParent controls i think are by device because i have 2 sticks and a amazon firetv box and i have only set one up with parent controls also when im setting up for others I can go into settings without pin ( maybe you set it up through your amazon account)

Reading around it seems to be only Amazon Prime Music that has the number of devices limit.
On the parental controls seems to be correct two different ways one at account level and the other at device level. Within the settings I've found you can get into the settings but when you try to click on for example "manage installed applications" it throws up looking for the pin (hate it when friends give me device to setup for them and forget to give you pin lol).
One thing I will say is that Amazon apparently placed a limit of the amount you can buy within a period and I'd say they could be watching the amount of devices you are registering and deregistering in an attempt to stop the ebay sellers of "fully loaded/hacked/whatever stupid term they try to use". Personally if setting up for friends and family I ask them to order themselves or if store bought to fire in their account details first.
Reading T&C's seems to be only watch two things at once and for any bought content can only be downloaded to two devices.

cecilmcroberts

Reading around it seems to be only Amazon Prime Music that has the number … Reading around it seems to be only Amazon Prime Music that has the number of devices limit. On the parental controls seems to be correct two different ways one at account level and the other at device level. Within the settings I've found you can get into the settings but when you try to click on for example "manage installed applications" it throws up looking for the pin (hate it when friends give me device to setup for them and forget to give you pin lol).One thing I will say is that Amazon apparently placed a limit of the amount you can buy within a period and I'd say they could be watching the amount of devices you are registering and deregistering in an attempt to stop the ebay sellers of "fully loaded/hacked/whatever stupid term they try to use". Personally if setting up for friends and family I ask them to order themselves or if store bought to fire in their account details first. Reading T&C's seems to be only watch two things at once and for any bought content can only be downloaded to two devices.

Yes that's about it I try to tell people to buy off Amazon as you don't have to ask anything as its auto registered to them as you have said but you still get some who buy from argos and the like

As a matter of interest do you load them old school (sideload abdfire) or the ES file explorer method

madmax666

Yes that's about it I try to tell people to buy off Amazon as you don't … Yes that's about it I try to tell people to buy off Amazon as you don't have to ask anything as its auto registered to them as you have said but you still get some who buy from argos and the likeAs a matter of interest do you load them old school (sideload abdfire) or the ES file explorer method

adb if I'm doing in my own house. If not I would use the new method, app on amazon store called simply "downloader".

AFTV News - Downloader app
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 7th Dec 2016

cecilmcroberts

adb if I'm doing in my own house. If not I would use the new method, app … adb if I'm doing in my own house. If not I would use the new method, app on amazon store called simply "downloader". AFTV News - Downloader app

Thanks never seen that one before but must admit if you already have abdfire and the apks on your computer is easy as hell
but will try that one just to experiment
cheers

Thanks for the answers
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Gear best shipping?44
    2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
    3. Virgin Media TV56
    4. Tooth extraction99

See more discussions