Amazon Prime £2 off Pre-order Discount Ending

Found 24th Jul
Amazon are killing one of the best Prime member benefits, £2 off pre-order games! So disappointing to hear this

Full email is below, benefit ends on 7th August so there's two weeks left to get your pre-orders in!

2994149-vPMjQ.jpg

Community Updates
MiscAmazon Prime
15 Comments
Amazon Prime is so amazing and worth it guys x
Is this just happening in Europe? I had an email from both my UK and DE accounts. Are the US still getting their 20% discount (excluding remakes, rereleases & remasters)? That sucks that we're getting the £2 discount removed from our benefits. I was hoping they were going to eventually bump our membership to mirror US members, not removing it completely.
Monkae57 m ago

Is this just happening in Europe? I had an email from both my UK and DE …Is this just happening in Europe? I had an email from both my UK and DE accounts. Are the US still getting their 20% discount (excluding remakes, rereleases & remasters)? That sucks that we're getting the £2 discount removed from our benefits. I was hoping they were going to eventually bump our membership to mirror US members, not removing it completely.

I don't know, but I got an email from amazon.de too and I don't even have German Prime! I'm annoyed, I used to use this a lot when Amazon price-matched other companies to make the price £2 cheaper
Bure111 h, 15 m ago

Amazon Prime is so amazing and worth it guys x

I agree, I'm not going to cancel as I use Prime Video and 1 day delivery a lot. Still, this is a major benefit loss given that the price isn't dropping - Amazon seem to think Twitch Prime is a suitable alternative!
Well I guess that's what happens when your one of the biggest leading online retailers. When you go from delivering games before release date to delivering on release day or later and now removing an incentive for many to pre-order games from them. I really don't see how trying to remove the £2 off pre-orders to highlight that twitch is another gaming perk is beyond me. I guess time will tell whether their pre-orders take a dip in sales!
Disappointed to hear this. I got the email in German so used google translate.
Doesn’t really matter tbh the games where still massively overpriced. and I’m a prime member.
People still pre order from amazon, it has rarely cheaper anymore and they only sometimes deliver on the day.

simply games is usually cheaper and generally comes a day or two earlier.

it’s where they get you with prime because you pay the subscription you order things without shopping around.
Mechtup2 h, 10 m ago

Disappointed to hear this. I got the email in German so used google …Disappointed to hear this. I got the email in German so used google translate.

I got it in German (though I don't have German Prime), was using Translate, and then they emailed me in English.
Dannyrobbo15 m ago

People still pre order from amazon, it has rarely cheaper anymore and they …People still pre order from amazon, it has rarely cheaper anymore and they only sometimes deliver on the day.simply games is usually cheaper and generally comes a day or two earlier.it’s where they get you with prime because you pay the subscription you order things without shopping around.

Amazon aren't always the cheapest, but this bonus is good when Amazon price match other places (which they do quite often) as it stacks with the £2 off. Now that Amazon are doing release day delivery for everyone and there is no £2 off, I may be shopping elsewhere.
jamie01548 m ago

Amazon aren't always the cheapest, but this bonus is good when Amazon …Amazon aren't always the cheapest, but this bonus is good when Amazon price match other places (which they do quite often) as it stacks with the £2 off. Now that Amazon are doing release day delivery for everyone and there is no £2 off, I may be shopping elsewhere.

With the way amazon CS have been dealing with many things recently maybe we should all start looking elsewhere, the more of a monopoly they have the more they will be able to get away with.
Dannyrobbo3 m ago

With the way amazon CS have been dealing with many things recently maybe …With the way amazon CS have been dealing with many things recently maybe we should all start looking elsewhere, the more of a monopoly they have the more they will be able to get away with.

Amazon CS has gone a bit downhill, but they are still good. I managed to get £10 promo + 1 month Prime extension out of them for this, but that's only because the first person I spoke to cancelled auto renewal on my Prime by mistake and said they had to pass it on to the 'relevant team'.
I heard they were removing the 20% in the US but it's kinda a slap in the face that they are removing our measly £2 discount as well.
Kind of reeks of penny pinching by Amazon who are rich AF. ugh.
They're a business taking advantage of the current market, answer back by shopping elsewhere where 9/10 its cheaper anyway..

Sometimes though its worth pre-ordering far in advance from Amazon, as their lowest price guarantee can work out pretty good, I am sure I picked up Mario Odyssey for under £30.00 at launch as well as some other great savings, recently picked up Captain Toad for £24.00 at launch too.
Edited by: "MrSprkle" 26th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants