Amazon Prime

Found 24th Feb
Guys, these days what is the cheapest way to get Amazon prime?

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
23 Comments
I doubt there is any cheaper way but I would also say for me it's worth every penny. Kids use the free amazon video, I shop a lot on amazon and I also but lots of gadgets and enjoy the free return costs.
Become a student
vixmony1 m ago

I doubt there is any cheaper way but I would also say for me it's worth …I doubt there is any cheaper way but I would also say for me it's worth every penny. Kids use the free amazon video, I shop a lot on amazon and I also but lots of gadgets and enjoy the free return costs.

There used to be Amazon Student NUS thingy and share your amazon prime with four people, but not sure it is still active/achievable - hence the question. Thanks for answering though.
A new emails address..
new email - month free prime.

cancel right away, can still use for the whole month.

rinse and repeat, been doing it for 4 years, same card, same address.
benjammin31617 m ago

new email - month free prime.cancel right away, can still use for the …new email - month free prime.cancel right away, can still use for the whole month.rinse and repeat, been doing it for 4 years, same card, same address.

You can no longer cancel during. It will terminate Prime access. Well it did a few weeks ago.
Edited by: "rev6" 24th Feb
rev64 m ago

You can no longer cancel during. It will terminate Prime access. Well it …You can no longer cancel during. It will terminate Prime access. Well it did a few weeks ago.

worked fine for me last week. I did see people saying you could only cancel 3days before it ended, but the option is there
benjammin3161 m ago

worked fine for me last week. I did see people saying you could only …worked fine for me last week. I did see people saying you could only cancel 3days before it ended, but the option is there

9th of Feb I cancelled with a week of Prime trial. Ended the entire thing. Bugger!
Yeah I would love to know the cheapest way guys
Preying_Eyes1 h, 19 m ago

There used to be Amazon Student NUS thingy and share your amazon prime …There used to be Amazon Student NUS thingy and share your amazon prime with four people, but not sure it is still active/achievable - hence the question. Thanks for answering though.

The student thing is still there but can’t be shared. It’s half price. There is no other cheaper option. Payup or don’t the choice is yours.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 24th Feb
benjammin31635 m ago

worked fine for me last week. I did see people saying you could only …worked fine for me last week. I did see people saying you could only cancel 3days before it ended, but the option is there

Yeah you can't cancel right away now, they've changed it. At least it's been that way for my last two months. Not a big deal, just the extra 10 seconds to put a reminder in my calender. Also been doing it for years. Dont really get why people pay for it.
Rusty8212 m ago

Yeah you can't cancel right away now, they've changed it. At least it's …Yeah you can't cancel right away now, they've changed it. At least it's been that way for my last two months. Not a big deal, just the extra 10 seconds to put a reminder in my calender. Also been doing it for years. Dont really get why people pay for it.

So you make a new email address every month?
Preying_Eyes1 h, 0 m ago

Yeah. Prime trial every month.
Obtain an NUSx card (about £14 inc p&p) and claim Amazon Student Prime at around £40/year for max 5 years. My cat obtained its original NUSx card via Shaw Academy, but at renewal it re-applied as an Open University student. NUSx just want to be told of an OU student P number (P followed by 7 numerical characters), see a JPG image of anything of your choice and receive payment. As the organisation running NUSx is a commercial venture it appears to be simply interested in securing subscription payments, rather than attempting to confirm students' details and exposing itself to all manner of data protection violations. As soon as you have paid for your NUSx application you can download the NUSx app, enter your NUSx-acceptable details and screenshot your NUSx profile page that is accepted by Amazon as student status verification.
cards.nusextra.co.uk/
amazon.co.uk/gp/…813
Rusty8210 h, 17 m ago

Yeah you can't cancel right away now, they've changed it. At least it's …Yeah you can't cancel right away now, they've changed it. At least it's been that way for my last two months. Not a big deal, just the extra 10 seconds to put a reminder in my calender. Also been doing it for years. Dont really get why people pay for it.

Amazon online chat will turn off renew for you and you can keep prime till end if you ask them to do it
hethekid2 m ago

Amazon online chat will turn off renew for you and you can keep prime till …Amazon online chat will turn off renew for you and you can keep prime till end if you ask them to do it

Cheers. Seems like more hassle than setting a reminder. I preferred the immediate cancel setup but not the end of the world. Its still free
Preying_Eyes10 h, 13 m ago

Yes. My process is usually, delete payment method from previous months account. Sign out. Create a new email, usually my name followed by the month and year @ hotmail or yahoo or whatever you want. Then create new account with amazon, add payment method. Try prime for free. Set reminder for 28 days time and cancel(previously you could cancel as soon as you signed up and would still get the month free trial but it seems they've stopped that). I've got it down to about 2-3 minutes all in to complete it all. Been doing it for many years. Occasionally when something goes wrong with an order/delivery you can get an extension out of them for another month or 2 so that saves you 3-6 minutes
Edited by: "Rusty82" 25th Feb
Rusty821 h, 21 m ago

Yes. My process is usually, delete payment method from previous months …Yes. My process is usually, delete payment method from previous months account. Sign out. Create a new email, usually my name followed by the month and year @ hotmail or yahoo or whatever you want. Then create new account with amazon, add payment method. Try prime for free. Set reminder for 28 days time and cancel(previously you could cancel as soon as you signed up and would still get the month free trial but it seems they've stopped that). I've got it down to about 2-3 minutes all in to complete it all. Been doing it for many years. Occasionally when something goes wrong with an order/delivery you can get an extension out of them for another month or 2 so that saves you 3-6 minutes

Thanks. What if something goes wrong with your order and you want to return it lets say after 6 months. How do you remember which account was used to buy the item?
I've had that happen. I just take a guess at roughly when I got it and check that months email. If its not that one it'll be one either side probably. It is an extra faff but to be honest I've rarely had any problems where I've had to return anyway. So it's a small price to pay for getting it free in my opinion.
Rusty8246 s ago

I've had that happen. I just take a guess at roughly when I got it and …I've had that happen. I just take a guess at roughly when I got it and check that months email. If its not that one it'll be one either side probably. It is an extra faff but to be honest I've rarely had any problems where I've had to return anyway. So it's a small price to pay for getting it free in my opinion.

OK. Cool. Thanks for the information.
Preying_Eyes3 m ago

OK. Cool. Thanks for the information.

No problem. You could always try it for a month or two and see what you think.
I cancelled my free month trial and they offered me another month for free,
Amazon Student with NUS is the way to go (if you know any students with StudentBeans/NUS you could use theirs). However, if you know others who want Prime, get the full version. Then share it on Amazon household and split the bill.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions