Amazon Prime

Found 11th Jun
Is it me or is amazon prime one day delivery getting worse each day. It seems like more and more items that are prime eligible don't offer next day delivery but instead offer priority delivery which takes like 3+ days
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
I think it’s because more and more of their range is coming from warehouses abroad so needs the extra shipping time.
Yep, and the ones that are meant to come next day don’t turn up. Prime is basically a scam now.
I've ordered loads of stuff within the last week on Prime with one day delivery which came the next day but have now canceled otherwise they would of charged me £7.99.
Depends on what you order I suppose. Ordered about 10 things in the last month, everything said it would turn up next day and did. Not massively expensive stuff but still good enough for me
That is my view as well

Probably scaling back funding for delivery to fund footy rights. BT had to do that with Openreach money (divert funds away from broadband use) when they started BT Sport and needed shed loads of cash.
Had the same slow service been very poor recently.
I've seen this happen quite a lot when the item isn't available in the local Amazon warehouse. All the main items Amazon sell have 1 day delivery, but many obscure and FBA items aren't in all warehouses so they don't have 1 day delivery.

Would be nice if Amazon offered no rush delivery credits on these!
I heard the price of prime has risen in America. May do here? Thing is we expect one day delivery which is amazing as back in the 80s as a kid the normal was 10-30 days for mail order. Now we complain about 3. I remember ordering a air band radio with my birthday money and hopped it world arrive in under 3 weeks ready for local air show. It did on the morning of show but I missed the air display as put myself in hospital with cut finger from tring to open packaging! Nightmare!
Edited by: "wayners" 11th Jun
Also be good if the level of service offered was good of the delivery. Used to be great. Now the drivers lie about where they left it, lie that they gave it to me, say a large parcel was put through letter box, leave books in the rain, decide not to deliver at all when it’s been out all day for delivery.....
choccie321 h, 46 m ago

Yep, and the ones that are meant to come next day don’t turn up. Prime is b …Yep, and the ones that are meant to come next day don’t turn up. Prime is basically a scam now.

I guess they have enough user base to not give a damn.

Cakeboy792 h, 4 m ago

I think it’s because more and more of their range is coming from w …I think it’s because more and more of their range is coming from warehouses abroad so needs the extra shipping time.

I think it would be nice to simply say that not all prime items have next day delivery option as that was not the case before. I personally never really had delivery issues with them before regardless of what i ordered.

Also some of you might have noticed that for quite sometime they've been slowly reducing the time you have left to get next day delivery. i remember few years ago i had till like 8pm (in most cases) to order stuff and now its based on type of product. e.g. i had to order something a month or so ago before 2/3pm to get next day delivery.
xPabloz7 m ago

I guess they have enough user base to not give a damn.I think it would be …I guess they have enough user base to not give a damn.I think it would be nice to simply say that not all prime items have next day delivery option as that was not the case before. I personally never really had delivery issues with them before regardless of what i ordered. Also some of you might have noticed that for quite sometime they've been slowly reducing the time you have left to get next day delivery. i remember few years ago i had till like 8pm (in most cases) to order stuff and now its based on type of product. e.g. i had to order something a month or so ago before 2/3pm to get next day delivery.

In some areas you get same-day delivery if you order before mid-day. I dislike the different cut off times for different items as it's confusing, but items may be in different UK warehouses so might take longer to arrive I guess.
I was thinking the same yesterday...
I've not been offered next day delivery for ages now.
But if you search on here or google you will see its been going on for a while now.
Prime services have gone down hill. Me and my brother foolishly took on prime for a year for home shopping and next day delivery.

Home shopping is a mess with 2 different stores now. Plus a min of £40 spend...

Prime next day is ok so far. No issues on the 4 items I've ordered.

Prime TV is crap and the app seems to focus more on the films and shows you can buy compared to what's free on prime. (Horrible layout).

Music I don't use. Got Google play sub.

My major issue is that Amazon prime items are usually £1-3 more expensive than say eBay, and some other local store (decathlon in my case). So you end up paying the difference for next day delivery.
I'm finding the opposite I can find perry much everything I need next day and seeing more same day items too.

In the Midlands area service seems fine.
When Amazon use Royal Fail, boy that's a doozy!
No delivery issues for me, even had a 9pm Saturday order available in locker next day. Have had a recent bout of "not as described" items but this only triggers the impeccable Amazon CS, usual resolution being: "sorry, dispose of the item(s) as you wish and here's a full refund".
No problems here in South Wales. I usually don't need next delivery so opt to receive a £1 credit to use for downloads. I've even had enough for free albums (yes, I order loads from Amazon but use marketplace when it's a lot cheaper to do so).
Edited by: "philedsch" 11th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants