Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Amazon prime

Posted 19th Dec 2019
question.... An amazon rep informed me that an item showing the "prime" logo doesn't mean its shipped by Amazon with quicker delivery it simply means Amazon will deal with any customer service issues.

The rep had poor english so was wondering if the info was misunderstood.

eg, Item listed as "prime" eligible is actually posted by the seller in some cases
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
I’ve had things delivered by the seller that show the prime logo. It’s unusual though. I’ve attached an image as one example. It does happen so I guess that representative’s explanation makes sense.
39442101-ubFfS.jpg
choccie3219/12/2019 19:29

I’ve had things delivered by the seller that show the prime logo. It’s unu …I’ve had things delivered by the seller that show the prime logo. It’s unusual though. I’ve attached an image as one example. It does happen so I guess that representative’s explanation makes sense. [Image]

I was under the assumption (based on previous info from Amazon) is that anything with the prime logo is solely taken care of by amazon themselves.

Kind of odd for them to allow the prime logo when all they'd do is email the seller on your behalf in the event of a problem.
ed198019/12/2019 19:31

I was under the assumption (based on previous info from Amazon) is that …I was under the assumption (based on previous info from Amazon) is that anything with the prime logo is solely taken care of by amazon themselves.Kind of odd for them to allow the prime logo when all they'd do is email the seller on your behalf in the event of a problem.

I don’t know, as I had no issues with my order, however even on other occasions I’ve had items delivered by amazon from third parties they’ve always refunded no problem - maybe it’s just for more confidence when buying if there is issues?
It’s possible amazon store, pick, pack but then use not use amazon logistics. They may want to use a courier of their preference.
Amazon now allow third party sellers to use the prime delivery badge. Started a while ago and there's strict rules for the seller to become, and stay, eligible. It will be delivered in a one or two day schedule by royal mail or DPD I believe.

It means you've ordered an item and have it delivered from a third party seller.
Yes it's all changed, 3rd party sellers can use the prime logo even when they fulfil the order themselves. It's all part of Amazons long term goal to be just a marketplace along the lines of ebay, in the USA they have a far higher percentage of 3rd party fulfilment.
39444704-PFxEy.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions