Amazon prime

Posted 18th May
I'm debating wether or not to get amazon prime
I had a week trial of it for 99p and it was great..... but I bought stuff I don't really need just because it's cheap

Any tips
Should I go for it?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

24 Comments
My tip would be Don't buy stuff you don't really need. Think only you can answer this question if you like it and can afford it do it, if you think you'll buy too much stuff and don't have the money then avoid it.
Edited by: "DaveG46" 18th May
Prime benefits:

Fast delivery no min spend
Access to Prime Now
Prime Video
Twitch Prime (free PC games and free tier 1 sub, my favourite benefit as that sub is worth £5).

Plus you have Prime Reading/Music but those aren't great.

Only worth it if you will use more benefits than you are paying for.
In my opinion, amazon prime is the best subscription service you can really buy, it’s fairly cheap, and you get so much value. Prime video, next day/same day delivery on most products sold on amazon, prime music, free kindle books, priority access to prime day deals. It really is worth it
It’s worth it just for the TV and music you get.
DaveG4618/05/2020 13:39

My tip would be Don't buy stuff you don't really need. Think only you can …My tip would be Don't buy stuff you don't really need. Think only you can answer this question if you like it and can afford it do it, if you think you'll buy too much stuff and don't have the money then avoid it.

Yeah i no what u mean I think I just need to have more self control over my purchases lol thanks for your reply
harvey.atkins18/05/2020 13:45

In my opinion, amazon prime is the best subscription service you can …In my opinion, amazon prime is the best subscription service you can really buy, it’s fairly cheap, and you get so much value. Prime video, next day/same day delivery on most products sold on amazon, prime music, free kindle books, priority access to prime day deals. It really is worth it

Thanks I think I will give it a go does it ever go down below £79 on price?
No, it pretty much stays the same. Unless you have UNiDAYS with that you get 6months free and then 3.99 a month
Olivia_HarrisonaE918/05/2020 14:12

Yeah i no what u mean I think I just need to have more self control over …Yeah i no what u mean I think I just need to have more self control over my purchases lol thanks for your reply

I've done it too and been on prime for the last 4ish years 🙈
Edited by: "DaveG46" 18th May
Olivia_HarrisonaE918/05/2020 14:13

Prime Day (July) and Black Friday (Nov) are the only times its drops to £59.99 normally.

If you don’t want to take the full plunge, why not just sign up ul to the £7.99 a month option. That will take you to end of June roughly and it would only be two weeks before Prime Day if you wanted to subscribe for a year then.

Seems better than wasting £79.99 on it an hating it after a month.
Have you or anyone in your family got an x box? Believe there 3 months (?) Prime on there.
i get amazon prime free trial every now and then and it is ok when it is free but i personally don't need it as i don't shop at amazon often and we have enough movie channels already that amazon prime video isn't really needed.

however, if you did shop often at amazon and don't have movie channels then the £7.99 per month may be useful. better value still if you can share the cost with a family member as you can add a family member at another address as part of your subscription.
Amazon Prime: a service you pay money for in order to pay more money to Amazon for non-essential stuff! That's an awful lot of old-rope they sell.
I use it mainly for the tv/movie and music subscription but it’s a bonus when I want to buy something from the site as it’s free delivery...well worth the 7.99 and can be cancelled anytime(y)
jamie1518/05/2020 13:41

Prime benefits:Fast delivery no min spendAccess to Prime NowPrime …Prime benefits:Fast delivery no min spendAccess to Prime NowPrime VideoTwitch Prime (free PC games and free tier 1 sub, my favourite benefit as that sub is worth £5).Plus you have Prime Reading/Music but those aren't great.Only worth it if you will use more benefits than you are paying for.

Prime Photo is great too - unlimited photo storage without reducing the quality of the photos. I just backed up 50'000 photos while I do a clean factory reset on my desktop computer (backed up to external HDD too)
adamtattonreid18/05/2020 16:08

Prime Photo is great too - unlimited photo storage without reducing the …Prime Photo is great too - unlimited photo storage without reducing the quality of the photos. I just backed up 50'000 photos while I do a clean factory reset on my desktop computer (backed up to external HDD too)

I thought it was changed to 5GB max only, didn't realise it was still unlimited. Great that it is

If you are a student you can get Prime Student at half price.

Typically £59 on Black Friday / Prime Day. Or anytime signup for 6m free and half price for up to four years if you are a student, although it will cost £25 to convince Amazon you are a student for 3 years.
Linked to what Jamie15 said, if you aren’t a student, search on here to see how you can become a ‘student’ and get the cheap membership.
Well worth the money in my opinion.
AngelBomber18/05/2020 16:59

Linked to what Jamie15 said, if you aren’t a student, search on here to s …Linked to what Jamie15 said, if you aren’t a student, search on here to see how you can become a ‘student’ and get the cheap membership.Well worth the money in my opinion.

Thanks for your reply I will def look into how I can become a 'student' lol thank you
AndyRoyd18/05/2020 16:46

Typically £59 on Black Friday / Prime Day. Or anytime signup for 6m free …Typically £59 on Black Friday / Prime Day. Or anytime signup for 6m free and half price for up to four years if you are a student, although it will cost £25 to convince Amazon you are a student for 3 years.

That sounds like a good option any idea how I can convince them
Olivia_HarrisonaE918/05/2020 18:57

That sounds like a good option any idea how I can convince them

Buy a Totum 3 year card at £25 delivered.
AndyRoyd18/05/2020 18:59

I have been trying that but I have no college to put down
AndyRoyd18/05/2020 18:59

When it asks were do I study I have no were to put down
jamie1518/05/2020 16:25

I thought it was changed to 5GB max only, didn't realise it was still …I thought it was changed to 5GB max only, didn't realise it was still unlimited. Great that it is

Video is limited to 5gb, photo is unlimited
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions