Amazon Prime 4 days to deliver

Found 18th Jan
heres the chat...

Me:just want to know why my ordered placed this morning is being delivered Monday?? As a paying prime member shouldnt this order be delivered Friday as a one day??
You're now connected to M.S Sujet from Amazon.co.uk
M.S Sujet:Hi.
My name is Sujet, I will be glad to assist you today.
Please do not worry I will check this for you.
Could you please help me with the complete name on your account?
Me:mick xxxxx
M.S Sujet:Could you please help me with the order number?
Me:204-2860417-xxxxxx
M.S Sujet:Thank you for confirming, Please allow me a minute I will check this for you right away.
Please be with me it is taking a bit longer than I expected.
Mick First of all please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this. As you are our valuable prime customer we always make sure that the orders are delivered as promised but sometimes due to delay in carrier the parcel get delayed.
As per the information received Due to the effects of winter storms on the UK delivery network, this order will experience a delivery delay up to 48 hours due to snow and bad weather.
I have contacted the carrier and I have asked them to deliver the parcel on priority.
As a goodwill gesture I have extended your prime membership by 30 days. Prime membership extended up to Monday, 26 February 2018.

he took 5 mins to blame the weather... surely he should of known this from the start??

couldnt care less for a free month.... I want next day delivery thats what I pay for !!

views/ comments please
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I called shenanigans on Prime, when i discovered that 'one day delivery' means one day after they dispatch. Not one day after you order.

So really it means, Amazon deliver whenever the hell they feel like it, but you don't pay another delivery charge.

I think my longest delivery time was 6 weeks. This was something that was in stock when I ordered.

But 30 days prime, a £5 voucher, or a £3 voucher as the last one was(!) makes everything okay doesn't it?
Give Amazon a break, systematically changing the retail process into an almost entirely robotic, zero tax revenue, experience is a huge job.
35 Comments
Well I don't think they live in the UK and maybe some parts won't be affected so he had to check. Nothing he can do, in fact you should be thankful he extended your prime by a month!
I bought Kleenex tissues and the order has been delayed for 3 weeks - I told them to go to Tesco they have plenty!! - and I cancelled my "next day" Prime
Be back in 5 minutes just have to stick my head out ther the window and check something before responding.
Edited by: "catbeans" 18th Jan
SandLake3 m ago

I bought Kleenex tissues and the order has been delayed for 3 weeks - I …I bought Kleenex tissues and the order has been delayed for 3 weeks - I told them to go to Tesco they have plenty!! - and I cancelled my "next day" Prime

Shouldnt you be in bed ? its school in the morning....
The chat representatives basically have no idea whats going on, it takes a while to look through millions of customers and orders, talking over the phone can be more efficient sometimes.
The bonus month of prime seems more than fair enough.
I've bought with amazon way more than I should probably, the majority of things are fine but statistically something will go wrong eventually.
In my experience 90% of orders are okay and they are quick to solve problems that have arisen, compared to say hermes who will do nothing to help you and repeatedly do things wrong until you find another company who will help. Or DHL who will just act outside of the law and forge signatures when they loose packages, as has happened to people I know (it was an apartment complex and they forged the signature of a manager who wasn't on the premises or working that day) also heard that yodel suck but I don't have specific examples that have happened to me or anyone I know
The advertising standards are considering action against amazon for this after the mess between Black Friday and Christmas. They will give account credit if you tell them to not offer extra months as it’s an insult.
Felicitous6 m ago

The chat representatives basically have no idea whats going on, it takes a …The chat representatives basically have no idea whats going on, it takes a while to look through millions of customers and orders, talking over the phone can be more efficient sometimes.The bonus month of prime seems more than fair enough.I've bought with amazon way more than I should probably, the majority of things are fine but statistically something will go wrong eventually. In my experience 90% of orders are okay and they are quick to solve problems that have arisen, compared to say hermes who will do nothing to help you and repeatedly do things wrong until you find another company who will help. Or DHL who will just act outside of the law and forge signatures when they loose packages, as has happened to people I know (it was an apartment complex and they forged the signature of a manager who wasn't on the premises or working that day) also heard that yodel suck but I don't have specific examples that have happened to me or anyone I know

Thanks for that... it does turn out its the weather causing the delay

I was unaware of any storms as I dont read papers or watch the news (its mainly doom and gloom)

Free month doesnt seem to bad after all.....
I called shenanigans on Prime, when i discovered that 'one day delivery' means one day after they dispatch. Not one day after you order.

So really it means, Amazon deliver whenever the hell they feel like it, but you don't pay another delivery charge.

I think my longest delivery time was 6 weeks. This was something that was in stock when I ordered.

But 30 days prime, a £5 voucher, or a £3 voucher as the last one was(!) makes everything okay doesn't it?
Mine was dispatched yesterday... if it is the weather then a free month is ok but if not then not really acceptable. ..
deleted1597344
m-tek8 m ago

Mine was dispatched yesterday... if it is the weather then a free month is …Mine was dispatched yesterday... if it is the weather then a free month is ok but if not then not really acceptable. ..

I would only guess it’s coming from a distribution centre up north and can guess you probably live down in the south? We have had over a foot of snow in the past couple of days. Not an Amazon Parcel but DPD have rescheduled my Parcel that was due yesterday.
Update... package is at depot in Manchester. ... that's where I live !!! So weather claim is rubbish.... no reason now for 4 day delivery....
m-tek10 m ago

Update... package is at depot in Manchester. ... that's where I live !!! …Update... package is at depot in Manchester. ... that's where I live !!! So weather claim is rubbish.... no reason now for 4 day delivery....

they aren't extending the time but in many cases it will come earlier, covers they as they call it the guaranteed delivery date, as mentioned earlier next day will probably go soon if the advertising standards do get involved.

They will use many excuses and weather can be one of them, they probably expected deliveries to be delayed so pushed the guaranteed date out just in case.

Another of their excuses is that sometimes they don't have the item in a warehouse near you, they now deliver from across Europe in some cases so not always can they get the item to you in 1 day. We ordered something it went to two days delivery, came on time but came from their Spanish warehouse, via Germany must have cost a fortune and then when it arrived it was smashed and they needed had to send it again, item only cost £7 so no idea how they were even making money on it in the first place.
Give Amazon a break, systematically changing the retail process into an almost entirely robotic, zero tax revenue, experience is a huge job.
m-tek1 h, 16 m ago

Update... package is at depot in Manchester. ... that's where I live !!! …Update... package is at depot in Manchester. ... that's where I live !!! So weather claim is rubbish.... no reason now for 4 day delivery....

just buy it from a shop and get a refund, constantly moaning about their delivery is tiring for everyone, including I expect yourself.

They offered a free month of prime - is that OK?

Yes, then move on.

or No, then go and buy it elsewhere and reject the item from Amazon.
Think it’s the area what effects Amazon prime and courier, only had odd time that order is delayed on prime. But if I don’t need it next day I use standard delivery
In a few years, Prime will be the next PPI misselling scandal
nothing to do with the weather, just an excuse
my order about 2 weeks ago was placed on friday night, delivery by tuesday...how is that next day? I'd accept monday as it was weekend, tho i know they deliver sundays in my area too.

didn't bother complaining as it wasn't needed in any rush
A free extension of a poor service is still a poor service; just more of it.

My most recent example (yesterday):
[ hotukdeals.com/com…035 ]

Also, there was a time (a couple of years ago) when I complained so often about delayed deliveries the amount of free single month extensions could not be increased because I had reached the maximum the Prime membership period could be in effect on a single account!

I must have had most excuses relayed to me over the years, such as that of the weather (as seen above), a courier losing all deliveries that day because their vehicle has been stolen, inabilities to find my delivery address (even though the same individual making the delivery had found it twice that week already), & so on.

I also had an experience like @MSK regarding one particular item. I ordered it when it was showing as "in stock", but following the submission of my order I was e-mailed to relay that no stock was available & I would be informed of a despatch date as soon as possible. I kept checking the product page & later that week I noticed more stock was recorded. Two days passed & the item went out of stock again. I waited again for further stock to be shown on the product page, placed a second order, waited for despatch/receipt, & then cancelled my original order. I don't know if that would ever have been fulfilled. It just seemed 'stuck' in the system.

This said, if the working conditions are as bad as reported late last year, then it is no surprise that problems occur:

[ thesun.co.uk/new…ns/ ]
[ mirror.co.uk/new…888 ]
[ independent.co.uk/new…tml ]
[ metro.co.uk/201…08/ ]

I rarely moan about the delays now; I just expect them to happen, & life is too short to be dealing with the Customer Services representatives as often as I do with normal issues (such as broken/missing items) as it is. There does appear to be increasing examples of poor stock selection (i.e. incorrect item delivered; see news articles above), or items dead on arrival, in recent years too. There may be the same (low) percentage of such cases across the entire business, but an increase in sales (& my orders placed) skews my experience making it seem like cases of returns has increased too... or I may just be unlucky.

If anything I order is absolutely needed for a certain date I either make sure I order well in advance, or buy it in person (rather than via mail order).

Most of my orders do despatch & arrive within 24 hours, but the "guarantee" wording related to a specific delivery date at the point of reviewing an order through the Amazon check-out process is just text. There is no penalty to Amazon if the guaranteed delivery date is not met... but perhaps there should be.

Parting comments...

Organisations gain credibility in how they deal with disputes & complaints.

When I have had a problem, the return/refund process (again, with a few exceptions over seventeen years of being a customer, & placing countless orders) is a fine example of how to retain customer loyalty.

The Amazon Prime Video service makes up for my disappointment with delays with the mail order business.
It’s even worse when you pay for next day delivery because that actually costs you as such (with amazon prime you pay for a lot of things). They did refund my delivery and give a £5 credit but when it can only be used for products sold by amazon, I ended up using it for a movie.
Dolphinzz2 h, 45 m ago

It’s even worse when you pay for next day delivery because that actually c …It’s even worse when you pay for next day delivery because that actually costs you as such (with amazon prime you pay for a lot of things). They did refund my delivery and give a £5 credit but when it can only be used for products sold by amazon, I ended up using it for a movie.

You should have insisted on a cash refund. You would have got it.
Update... it's been delivered. ..

Everything I looked at yesterday had a Monday delivery ....yet today they all say tomorrow. ...wtf

Site glitch ???
End thread.
m-tek26 m ago

Update... it's been delivered. .. Everything I looked at yesterday had a …Update... it's been delivered. .. Everything I looked at yesterday had a Monday delivery ....yet today they all say tomorrow. ...wtfSite glitch ???

Phew! Panic over.

Perhaps the Logistics agent has now decided to work on Saturday, or has been replaced with somebody that is prepared to do so.

Alternatively, perhaps somebody from Amazon (UK) is reading this thread & as soon as your items have been delivered your account will be suspended.

Maybe,... y'know... your items just came into stock sooner than expected, or a logistics worker drove a bit faster than usual.

Exciting times.
OllieSt10 m ago

And then there is this!

No, thank you.

The fact that some of the Logistics representatives still struggle to close my exterior door (separate from the rest of my property) after leaving a parcel ("handed to customer"; but not) is enough of a clue that this technology/service is asking for trouble.
OllieSt48 m ago

And then there is this!

That's a great review. I am only allowing Amazon Prime membership and fire box into my life, they can't start opening my front door (after it goes UK live, I dont even trust Alexa yet)
Edited by: "davewave" 19th Jan
Wow the next video about hacking it is very alarming...

OllieSt42 m ago

And then there is this!

That makes me so angry. The selling point is that they won't door step your packages anymore? They never should have been doing that in the first place and they won't stop. No matter how many times I ask them.

They say you can tell them not to in the delivery instructions, but there's only ten characters or so to write a message in that box.

davewave21 m ago

Wow the next video about hacking it is very alarming...[Video]

Anyone who would think that's a good idea in the first place would need their head testing.
davewave22 m ago

Wow the next video about hacking it is very alarming...[Video]

Yes, disabling an existing home alarm system is not going to be easy to integrate with Amazon's technology/software, nor should it be!
fanpages6 m ago

Yes, disabling an existing home alarm system is not going to be easy to …Yes, disabling an existing home alarm system is not going to be easy to integrate with Amazon's technology/software, nor should it be!

I didn't even consider that.... ludicrous idea for sure.
Better for them to be handed over to the local drop off point shop, much safer process.
MSK.4 h, 10 m ago

You should have insisted on a cash refund. You would have got it.

I needed what was ordered so I couldn’t ask for a refund. It was just inconvenient that it didn’t turn up (it was for a new laptop) and meant I had to be extra careful with the laptop until it came a few days later.
Dolphinzz2 m ago

I needed what was ordered so I couldn’t ask for a refund. It was just i …I needed what was ordered so I couldn’t ask for a refund. It was just inconvenient that it didn’t turn up (it was for a new laptop) and meant I had to be extra careful with the laptop until it came a few days later.

I think I misread your original comment. You are refunded the delivery charge + a £5 credit?
MSK.3 m ago

I think I misread your original comment. You are refunded the delivery …I think I misread your original comment. You are refunded the delivery charge + a £5 credit?

Yeah which was good as the delivery was £6+ or something. I don’t use amazon enough or have to pay delivery costs enough to justify the cost of a Prime yet
m-tek14 h, 53 m ago

Apart from the fact the courier company many have just received a ton of parcels that have been delayed and not have enough drivers to deliver them. I used to be a delivery driver, if there were delays and freight was delayed when it came through it came in like an avalanche, no matter how good a driver you are if your delivering 200 packages a day and 600 or 700 come in you can’t do that amount!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants