Amazon Prime - am I just unlucky

Found 10th Nov 2017
I have had loads of deliveries that have not made 'next day', 3 this last 10 days. I order more than one item - they come from different places, they all say they will be delivered 'today' yet never make it to the local depot, never mind get delivered. Yesterday I ordered several small items (stocking fillers, add ons etc) plus my main item. The small items are out for delivery and although the other one says it left the depot last night and should be delivered today - it hasn't arrived anywhere, and that has happened with every delivery I've had in the last 10 days - and others as well. Plus 'Amazon Prime' label on item order Friday - arrives Tuesday. Why have it described as Prime when they cannot do next day delivery - am I missing something here? (I've cancelled my renewal due on the 18th Nov, the last missed delivery I got a 1 month extension on my Prime to December - but nothing before that. Must have had atleast 20 deliveries in the year that should have been next day - but never made it. Am I just unlucky? Or is this common place?
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
In the last 5 years i think ive only had 2 deliveries arrive a day late
in all the delivery, my last one was messed up by a day late, i complained and got ten pounds voucher, as there kept saying he will send a email and investigate and i just wanted to no when it was coming
Every time you get a late delivery, complain stating your paying for prime and feel it's not being delivered. They give you a month free every time you complain. My address is sometimes confused with another address and when I first got prime it was an issue, 4 times they didn't make next day delivery (it didn't matter as I didn't need it next day but I got 4 months extended prime membership from them being late. I think their customer service is extremely good. If you have a problem, report it each time. I recently bought a box of 6 boxes of chocolate but I only received 3 boxes as was a mistake in the listing. I emailed them (as I wanted to send it bk for a refund) and they told me no need to send the item back and they refunded me too! Obviously if you do this regularly they will know and probable cancel your membership but if you are honest they are definitely fantastic customer service in my option(y)
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 10th Nov 2017
Original Poster
I have complained - but only had Prime extended once and that was the other day - on my last complaint. Customer service is normally very good but I have had issues with it when they say they will do something - but don't. I am not normally a complainer. I have had part of my order delivered already but the other part of the order is still on the first leg, and not out for delivery (so that's not going to come today...customer services will say - you've got til 10pm, but if it hasn't arrived at the local depot it isn't going to get delivered)
When I first started using prime it was great, next day deliveries on everything I ordered but the last 4 deliveries I had done this year either came a few days late or like the last 2 never arrived so you definitely aren't alone with being screwed over by prime.
Not just you. Check out uk.trustpilot.com/rev….uk seems that it's a recent thing affecting loads of people as they never had those complaints before. Hopefully they will sort it before Black Friday
I have also had the problem in the last month, got my membership extended by 1 month. I wondered if it had anything to do with their new warehouse they have opened in Essex. Also noticed a number of items on prime yesterday that i went to order was giving a delivery date of Saturday
I've bought things on prime where the delivery date is 2 or 3 days away and thought nothing of it. The date was stated and I accepted that. I been buying items and the delivery date changed when I got through to the payment page - that's annoying!
I've also opted for the 'not in a hurry' option, where they gave me an Amazon pantry credit. I won't be doing that again. The prices, plus delivery, on Amazon pantry make it uneconomical.
Edited by: "mrty" 10th Nov 2017
Original Poster
mrty1 h, 36 m ago

I've bought things on prime where the delivery date is 2 or 3 days away …I've bought things on prime where the delivery date is 2 or 3 days away and thought nothing of it. The date was stated and I accepted that. I been buying items and the delivery date changed when I got through to the payment page - that's annoying!I've also opted for the 'not in a hurry' option, where they gave me an Amazon pantry credit. I won't be doing that again. The prices, plus delivery, on Amazon pantry make it uneconomical.

Yes - you accept the dates where it's not next day - these are the next day items - that were stated as next day - that are not arriving. I've been on to Customer services and they have extended Prime a further month - and will look into why I have had issues this last 10 days. My part order this morning was delivered by DPD locally. it is usually 'Amazon Shipping' 50 miles up the road. The part order that is missing is still showing as just having been handed over to the carrier - at the beginning of the journey, without any progression
I've just noticed, the one day delivery is now one business day, when did this happen?

Always used to be able to get things delivered on Saturdays and Sundays, is this no longer the case?
Original Poster
phil0015 h, 16 m ago

I've just noticed, the one day delivery is now one business day, when did …I've just noticed, the one day delivery is now one business day, when did this happen? Always used to be able to get things delivered on Saturdays and Sundays, is this no longer the case?

Looks like this has just happened
phil00120 h, 52 m ago

I've just noticed, the one day delivery is now one business day, when did …I've just noticed, the one day delivery is now one business day, when did this happen? Always used to be able to get things delivered on Saturdays and Sundays, is this no longer the case?

Yet today I go on and complete my order, and delivery is guaranteed for tomorrow.
Yesterday it was telling me Monday delivery for the same items

Wierd
Original Poster
phil0013 h, 55 m ago

Yet today I go on and complete my order, and delivery is guaranteed for …Yet today I go on and complete my order, and delivery is guaranteed for tomorrow.Yesterday it was telling me Monday delivery for the same itemsWierd

I had the same
toulousenessie10th Nov

I wondered if it had anything to do with their new warehouse they have …I wondered if it had anything to do with their new warehouse they have opened in Essex.

I didn't know that. Explains a lot though. I've just had an email to tell me that two items supposedly sent out (fulfilled by amazon) at the beginning of the week aren't coming.

I was rather pissed off at their suggestion that I re-order if I still want them.
Original Poster
ILIKEBARGAINSME10th Nov

Yes - you accept the dates where it's not next day - these are the next …Yes - you accept the dates where it's not next day - these are the next day items - that were stated as next day - that are not arriving. I've been on to Customer services and they have extended Prime a further month - and will look into why I have had issues this last 10 days. My part order this morning was delivered by DPD locally. it is usually 'Amazon Shipping' 50 miles up the road. The part order that is missing is still showing as just having been handed over to the carrier - at the beginning of the journey, without any progression

2 further items gone missing since then. they start their journey: "Parcel has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit"- and then go missing for a day or three. It doesn't say where they start their journey though. Funnily enough - if it does say where - I get them on time. If it doesn't - they go missing. The above missing item was delivered Sunday. Don't know what's going on - I now have Prime extended a further 4 months in total FOC. But if you are not getting the service.............
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants