Amazon Prime Day order issue

Found 18th Jul
I bought some garden furniture that included in the prime day sale for £78. When I checked my orders today I couldnt find the order yet have a confirmation email.

I went onto livechat and was told that it seems that your order has been cancelled due to some issue in fulfillment centre. Yet when I look on their website the item is there at its original price and the advisor on livechat told me to order it at its original price. They just advised for any incovenience caused and thats it...

Has anyone ever had to deal with anything similiar to this before?? Any advise would be appreciated. TIA
Community Updates
AskAmazon Prime
Top comments
Sorry, can't help you with your problem, but I find that people who type TIA are just lazy.
Good luck.
11 Comments
Sorry, can't help you with your problem, but I find that people who type TIA are just lazy.
Good luck.
Make a formal complaint and they may honour the original deal.
I had a similar issue a while ago, bought a heavily discounted kipling handbag for the Mrs, the order was never delivered some issue with fullfilmant centre, by this time it was back at full price. I phoned and spoke to them after a little back & forth I bought the full price bag & they instantly refunded the difference, got them to email conformation before I purchased.
Edited by: "davzzp" 18th Jul
davzzp4 m ago

I had a similar issue a while ago, bought a heavily discounted kipling …I had a similar issue a while ago, bought a heavily discounted kipling handbag for the Mrs, the order was never delivered some issue with fullfilmant centre, by this time it was back at full price. I phoned and spoke to them after a little back & forth I bought the full price bag & they instantly refunded the difference, got them to email conformation before I purchased.

The woman on the livechat was having none of it, what angle did you take mate to get them to do that?
gormley904 m ago

The woman on the livechat was having none of it, what angle did you take …The woman on the livechat was having none of it, what angle did you take mate to get them to do that?

I found it much easier actually speaking to them, I just said that it was unfair I was unable to take advantage of their promotion due to their error and I purchased at that price so was only fair I payed that price, I did have to say the same thing a good 4 or 5 times just stayed very calm & polite and luckily they eventually gave in
Just to say whether you get something honoured or not largely depends on how much of a customer you are, ie if you spend lots they will do something good for you if you don’t complain too much, if you don’t spend much they are far less likely to do anything as your likely to be a one off sale bargain hunter.

The other thing to say that until they take your money the contract isn’t complete (that happens when it’s despatched) so you have no legal recourse and they have no obligation to honour it whatsoever.
davzzp18th Jul

I found it much easier actually speaking to them, I just said that it was …I found it much easier actually speaking to them, I just said that it was unfair I was unable to take advantage of their promotion due to their error and I purchased at that price so was only fair I payed that price, I did have to say the same thing a good 4 or 5 times just stayed very calm & polite and luckily they eventually gave in

Will give a go tomorrow, cheers bud
chimp14uk1 h, 11 m ago

Sorry, can't help you with your problem, but I find that people who type …Sorry, can't help you with your problem, but I find that people who type TIA are just lazy.Good luck.

Yea thanks for your help there mate
I ordered a toy for my son's xmas present, it was out of stock at time but "would be delivered as soon as available".
Just after xmas they cancelled as no longer stocking it, complained(politely) and mentioned next best price by 3rd party was now double my original order price. They agreed to refund the difference if I purchased from the other seller.

This was all done via email rather than live chat

Good luck
Different advisors will do different things - some are really helpful and would refund the full amount in this situation but some refuse to. Try another live chat, keep on moaning about how it's unfair. You should get a £5 promo credit at the least.

If you aren't happy with the outcome, email the CEO at: jeff@amazon.com and they should sort it out for you!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants