Amazon Prime delivery

Found 26th FebEdited by:"jeannot18"
This morning i tried to buy an USB stick, and all the Prime ones had a delivery for Thursday March 1, not for tomorrow. I check another item, completely different and it was the same, no next day delivery.
Have they stopped doing next day delivery for Prime members?
Community Updates
Ask
16 Comments
deleted1597344
They still do next day, my guess would be they are preparing for the bad weather and increasing the delivery expectation to stop compensation being hand out.
All depend on dispatch (warehouse) location location. Some items come from EU so they take time.
I've just had a look myself and you maybe right, I've just been searching for anything random on Prime and everything is saying Thursday? 🤔

Although when I look into Amazon help section it still does say Next Day delivery is one of the benefits of Prime.
Might be worth complaining and getting a couple of free extra months.
They always offer me that if I complain to them
deleted159734426th Feb

They still do next day, my guess would be they are preparing for the bad …They still do next day, my guess would be they are preparing for the bad weather and increasing the delivery expectation to stop compensation being hand out.

Yeah could be right, I'm a courier myself so can understand that.

Also I know theirs been calls for them to give Amazon workers a bit of slack because of the way they've been treated. Maybe it could be the start of that?
deleted800342
I noticed this, rang customer support who couldn't explain why, who then tweaked my order to be delivered tomorrow before 1pm
I noticed a similer delivery time with prime items I was looking at earlier today.
Apparently there was a glitch in their computer system. That's not a problem as what i need is not urgent, i just thought that it was a permanent thing, and would have maybe considered cancelling my membership if it was the case
There is often a glitch to do with your address, Try deleting and re adding your address ;).
Its because alot of things come from amazon EU warehouses
Just checked 4 items in my basket, all say wednesday if ordered in the next 3 hours.
.MUFC.49 m ago

There is often a glitch to do with your address, Try deleting and re …There is often a glitch to do with your address, Try deleting and re adding your address ;).

^^^ Try this. Add a copy of your address and try selecting that and see if it makes a difference.
I would imagine the forecasted weather has something to do with it. It's pointless Amazon saying next day and failing to achieve that, it's much better they say Wednesday / Thursday and get it to you sooner.
Edited by: "ipswich78" 26th Feb
Next Day Delivery refers to when it's dispatched, not when it's ordered - that said anything coming from their EU warehouses just says Expedited Delivery instead of next day so you know where it's coming from. I find that happens more with anything from Amazon Warehouse than normal stuff
From Amazon UK (See Here)

Delivery in Adverse Weather Conditions

Adverse Weather Conditions. Due to the ongoing weather conditions, deliveries across the country may be delayed.

You never seem to get a straight answer from customer services.
I think it maybe a glitch

I had a one day delivery tell me it would arrive on a few days
It arrived the next day
I chatted with Amazon support and they confirmed it was a known site-wide glitch. Just for info the item I ordered yesterday was shipped and is out for delivery today rather that 1st March which was quoted on the site.
Its been like this for months, before Christmas. I have complained four times and received a monthly Prime extension on each occasion.. better than nothing I suppose.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions