Amazon Prime delivery - no longer one day delivery?

Found 26th Nov 2017
Hi

I'm looking to buy a few items on Amazon and I have Amazon Prime.
All prime items show earliest delivery of Wednesday, even the ones that are sold and dispatched by Amazon. I've checked other random items sold by Amazon, and they're all Wednesday for earliest delivery.

Does anyone know what's happened to the one day delivery?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
i was just about to put that, one of the main reasons i order with amazon is one day delivery, but now it seems its two days, 3 days
tho i did order something Friday and it said Monday and it came Saturday, it could be to allow them more time for Xmas without people complaining, like takeaways adding more time on orders at weekends
Same with my order. First time tho
Delivery Dates for Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals Weeks
Every year, we strive to offer you the best Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals Weeks. These two weeks have now become the busiest shopping period of the year.

During this busy period, some deliveries may take slightly longer than usual. As always, please see your up-to-date delivery date at checkout, which provides our most accurate estimate of delivery date.

Not in a hurry? Prime members can choose No-Rush Delivery at checkout and get a promotional reward towards their next qualifying purchase. To learn more about No-Rush Delivery, please click here.

You can track the progress of your order at any time by visiting Your Orders in Your Account or by clicking amazon.co.uk/you…ers. To learn more about all the delivery options we offer, please click here.

I ordered some Hue bulbs from Amazon yesterday and delivery said Tuesday, but they turned up today. So basically take no notice of the delivery dates.
jonmarz891 h, 27 m ago

tho i did order something Friday and it said Monday and it came Saturday, …tho i did order something Friday and it said Monday and it came Saturday, it could be to allow them more time for Xmas without people complaining, like takeaways adding more time on orders at weekends

Yeah I had the same. Well, almost.

I ordered on Thursday and it said Friday delivery, but it didn't get dispatched until Friday morning with a delivery date of Monday.

Needless to say it turned up on Saturday.

I suspect as you say it is because they may fall behind on dispatch and so to avoid complaints they artificially inflated the date.

They deny this publicly though and the whole items 'may' be delayed when it is impossible to get a single item to show as next-day means there is no 'may' about it.

In any event it should hardly be a surprise to them that this time of year is busy and I don't accept it as an excuse.
Same here but items I ordered yesterday arrived today as usual.
Amazon said that they put extra dates just because they don't want to disappoint people if its late because of black friday deals
With all the Black Friday madness the sellers go all out for your money and that can leave your item in another country while they try to meet the demands.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants