Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Amazon prime free membership

Posted 23rd Jan
Hi guys

I love this community so thought it was apt to share this little trick with you.

Over the past 12 months I have been signing up to various fin-tech signup bonuses (eg sign up for this card - get £20 free, or signup to this one and get £10 free) and have banked around £300. Through referrals I have increased this to around £1500 income (probably more) but I won’t post referral links as they are banned on hukd.

Anyway, I have in excess of 20 debit cards with £0 in them just sitting there. Each month I use one of these cards and a new email address and signup to amazon prime. I get 30 days for free and when they try to take the money they can’t - because there’s no £0 in there (because I’ve transferred any balance to my main account.)

Anyway, yeah, main point is if you have any of those cards with £0 balance then you can get free amazon prime for 30 days each time. Just thought I’d post that here.

Ps the referral bonuses have become severely limited now, the majority of them being - make £5 for signing up.
Community Updates

Groups

25 Comments
Do each of those card applications require a credit check?
Just because a service provider cannot auto-obtain a payment does not mean that the obligation to pay has been negated. I imagine Amazon is unlikely to chase a casual consumer for non-payment but may have a more agressive attitude to what it may view a serial non-payment evader / abuser.
You can simply cancel membership to prime and use just the 30 days trial. No need to wait for them to try take payment.
AndyRoyd23/01/2020 11:51

Do each of those card applications require a credit check?

No mate
J4GG423/01/2020 11:58

You can simply cancel membership to prime and use just the 30 days trial. …You can simply cancel membership to prime and use just the 30 days trial. No need to wait for them to try take payment.

Yes that’s what I had been doing for x amount of months. I’ve noticed, though, this month they’ve changed it (or at least have on my new account) whereby you’re not offered the free 30 day trial membership.
Edited by: "Flappybunnyman" 23rd Jan
I had a faulty item from amazon years ago while I did this trick and couldn’t remember the account or details I ordered it with so couldn’t claim for it. It wasn’t worth the hassle to save £39 a year.
J4GG423/01/2020 11:58

You can simply cancel membership to prime and use just the 30 days trial. …You can simply cancel membership to prime and use just the 30 days trial. No need to wait for them to try take payment.

That would be the sensible MO.
Flappybunnyman23/01/2020 12:02

...I’ve noticed, though, this month they’ve changed it (or at least have on …...I’ve noticed, though, this month they’ve changed it (or at least have on my new account) whereby you’re not offered the free 30 day trial membership.

So no free Prime on new accounts? Doesn't that make the thread kinda useless?

...I’ve noticed, though, this month they’ve changed it (or at least have on …...I’ve noticed, though, this month they’ve changed it (or at least have on my new account) whereby you’re not offered the free 30 day trial membership.

Maybe you've been rumbled? Free 30 days Prime still available for non-abusive signups as indicated by today's archive of Prime promo page at web.archive.org/web…ime
AndyRoyd23/01/2020 12:11

So no free Prime on new accounts? Doesn't that make the thread kinda …So no free Prime on new accounts? Doesn't that make the thread kinda useless?

No it doesn’t. As soon as you sign up it try’s to take the money but can’t as nothing in there.
Flappybunnyman23/01/2020 12:42

No it doesn’t. As soon as you sign up it try’s to take the money but can’t …No it doesn’t. As soon as you sign up it try’s to take the money but can’t as nothing in there.

Are you suggesting Amazon is attempting to take a payment 30 days prior to it being due?
AndyRoyd23/01/2020 12:44

Are you suggesting Amazon is attempting to take a payment 30 days prior to …Are you suggesting Amazon is attempting to take a payment 30 days prior to it being due?

At the start of the membership. No option for a 30 day trial (possibly due to being a new account.)
So if the card has no money in there and you sign up with the intention to not pay, how are you going to benefit using Prime? Because as soon as you add funds to your account and attempt to buy something, they are going to take the money owed for Prime from the given account. If in the case you don’t pay, you will still owe Amazon the money...
Completly stupid as they will at some point make an investigation and link all the accounts to the same address or do you move every 30 days?
Clearly not the response I was expecting as I posted this to help people. Expiring now.
Total madness you see some post on here and worry about people with this one I am just shaking my head.
Flappybunnyman23/01/2020 15:01

Clearly not the response I was expecting as I posted this to help people. …Clearly not the response I was expecting as I posted this to help people. Expiring now.

To be fair though, it’s like someone making a post saying “get Netflix free”... just sign up for Netflix and don’t pay them
JohnnyRoller23/01/2020 15:47

To be fair though, it’s like someone making a post saying “get Netflix fre …To be fair though, it’s like someone making a post saying “get Netflix free”... just sign up for Netflix and don’t pay them

...and?
20 debit cards in your name you say.......with cash incentives for signing up, how - I'd hate to see your credit score? I can understand a one off technical loophole, but this is just plain abuse of the system.
The bonus - 30 days of free Prime at a time, using different emails addresses, but one home address for delivery's.
Come on......although from the sounds of it you never actually buy anything, everything is free.
LazyDonkey23/01/2020 17:28

20 debit cards in your name you say.......with cash incentives for signing …20 debit cards in your name you say.......with cash incentives for signing up, how - I'd hate to see your credit score? I can understand a one off technical loophole, but this is just plain abuse of the system.The bonus - 30 days of free Prime at a time, using different emails addresses, but one home address for delivery's.Come on......although from the sounds of it you never actually buy anything, everything is free.

How I’ll informed you are. My credit score is excellent and have recently bought my home.

But I really cba to get into it anymore as there seems to just be complete jealously going on in here tbh.
eslick23/01/2020 15:46

Total madness you see some post on here and worry about people with this …Total madness you see some post on here and worry about people with this one I am just shaking my head.

Why?
You can just cancel the free trail when you get it and it will automatically end in 30 days. Also you don’t need a new card everyone time you do a free trial . You can just use the same card and a different email address every time you do it
Edited by: "kh383838" 23rd Jan
k283838838323/01/2020 20:18

You can just cancel the free trail when you get it and it will …You can just cancel the free trail when you get it and it will automatically end in 30 days. Also you don’t need a new card everyone time you do a free trial . You can just use the same card and a different email address every time you do it

I signed up yesterday with a new email but same card and it doesn't give me the free trial anymore so maybe they have changed the way it works.

Yes that’s what I had been doing for x amount of months. I’ve noticed, tho …Yes that’s what I had been doing for x amount of months. I’ve noticed, though, this month they’ve changed it (or at least have on my new account) whereby you’re not offered the free 30 day trial membership.

They've probably cottoned on to you.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants