Amazon Prime full stop multiple account trick not working

Found 10th Jul
Hi all, with Amazon Prime day on the horizon I just tried to create a new account by inserting a full stop into my gmail address, whilst using my normal billing address and payment card and it says;

Our records indicate that you are no longer eligible for an Amazon Prime free trial. You can still sign up for a paid membership below.

This ALWAYS normally works, does someone know if they have had a crackdown on this type of thing? Also does anyone know of an alternative? I created a brand new gmail account so it must be my address and/or payment card that is now the blocker.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
hatchman2614 m ago

I only use it for shopping, I assumed that they didn't stop it to increase …I only use it for shopping, I assumed that they didn't stop it to increase sales.

If you are using it then why not actually pay for it. It costs them to deliver and the collective Prime membership fees help make that free for those of us that pay.
hatchman262 h, 10 m ago

I totally see your point. I was merely asking a question about a …I totally see your point. I was merely asking a question about a 'technique' no matter how backhanded it is (that I only learnt from numerous previous HUKD posts)

It isn't a technique. It's fraud. You are knowingly registering under a new set of details in order to defraud a service offered as a one time sign up.

It doesn't matter where your learned it. If you "totally see my point" then you would pay for it.
Edited by: "windym" 10th Jul
14 Comments
They may be cross referencing payment details instead of, or as well as, e-mail addresses and /or addresses.
I only use it for shopping, I assumed that they didn't stop it to increase sales.
hatchman2614 m ago

I only use it for shopping, I assumed that they didn't stop it to increase …I only use it for shopping, I assumed that they didn't stop it to increase sales.

If you are using it then why not actually pay for it. It costs them to deliver and the collective Prime membership fees help make that free for those of us that pay.
I’m thinking of subscribing to prime using my student discount. I currently use Spotify for my music and was wondering how amazon music stacks up against it?
windym53 m ago

If you are using it then why not actually pay for it. It costs them to …If you are using it then why not actually pay for it. It costs them to deliver and the collective Prime membership fees help make that free for those of us that pay.

I totally see your point. I was merely asking a question about a 'technique' no matter how backhanded it is (that I only learnt from numerous previous HUKD posts)
I think they have cracked down on it now and are using multiple details to authenticate accounts.
over 4 years, still no issue with new account every month.

My latest free trial has been extended by 2 months due to a late delivery
hatchman262 h, 10 m ago

I totally see your point. I was merely asking a question about a …I totally see your point. I was merely asking a question about a 'technique' no matter how backhanded it is (that I only learnt from numerous previous HUKD posts)

It isn't a technique. It's fraud. You are knowingly registering under a new set of details in order to defraud a service offered as a one time sign up.

It doesn't matter where your learned it. If you "totally see my point" then you would pay for it.
Edited by: "windym" 10th Jul
This hasn't been working for a while.
windym7 h, 21 m ago

It isn't a technique. It's fraud. You are knowingly registering under a …It isn't a technique. It's fraud. You are knowingly registering under a new set of details in order to defraud a service offered as a one time sign up.It doesn't matter where your learned it. If you "totally see my point" then you would pay for it.

This site is full of fraudulent deals, it seems it's ok when certain people post them.
windym10th Jul

It isn't a technique. It's fraud. You are knowingly registering under a …It isn't a technique. It's fraud. You are knowingly registering under a new set of details in order to defraud a service offered as a one time sign up.It doesn't matter where your learned it. If you "totally see my point" then you would pay for it.

Defrauding Amazon, HA!

The company who've dragged working conditions along with sport direct back to the 1930s, pay no tax and perform other unscrupulous business practices and you're crying over them losing a few pounds for a free account

On a side note, it's interesting to see people defend Amazon and become an excepted argument but you won't find a soul defend sport direct. Two sides of the same coin, but I suppose Amazon have next day delivery so they must be great

Some people will defend anything I guess...
BIGUSHEADUS4 m ago

Defrauding Amazon, HA!The company who've dragged working conditions along …Defrauding Amazon, HA!The company who've dragged working conditions along with sport direct back to the 1930s, pay no tax and perform other unscrupulous business practices and you're crying over them losing a few pounds for a free account On a side note, it's interesting to see people defend Amazon and become an excepted argument but you won't find a soul defend sport direct. Two sides of the same coin, but I suppose Amazon have next day delivery so they must be great Some people will defend anything I guess...

Blimey, where have you been this post is weeks old....

As for your comments, what the OP was trying to do amounts to fraud. That certainly doesn't mean I defend a company - it means my moral compass is working.
windym1 h, 25 m ago

Blimey, where have you been this post is weeks old....As for your …Blimey, where have you been this post is weeks old....As for your comments, what the OP was trying to do amounts to fraud. That certainly doesn't mean I defend a company - it means my moral compass is working.

To be honest I was looking to see if the loophole still existed, much like the tax loopholes MNCs continually rape. That's why I was a bit late as I couldn't care if a handful of people are 'taking advantage' of a faceless corporation, whom takes advantage of every nation they operate in and those that work for them, apart from Luxembourg of course.

Your attitude highlights a funny dichotomy, people tell it like it is regarding companies like Sports Direct and Ryanair - quite possibly because it caters to a lower class member of the populace. Yet when it comes to all the tech giants: Amazon, Google, Facebook ect... most who scold the practices of Ashley and O'Leary give these tech megalords a free pass, like you, who would rather point out that 1 member of the public is committing 'fraud,' rather than put point out that even in this country they are flouting many working condition regulations; not to mention the trillions they siphon off for themselves.

But I'm sure I am taking liberties and you also virulently oppose the fraud that Amazon do commit, even though you support them with your wallet along with being an appologist for them on a deals website.

Nice moral compass you have there, did it come with prime delivery?
BIGUSHEADUS1 h, 38 m ago

To be honest I was looking to see if the loophole still existed, much like …To be honest I was looking to see if the loophole still existed, much like the tax loopholes MNCs continually rape. That's why I was a bit late as I couldn't care if a handful of people are 'taking advantage' of a faceless corporation, whom takes advantage of every nation they operate in and those that work for them, apart from Luxembourg of course.Your attitude highlights a funny dichotomy, people tell it like it is regarding companies like Sports Direct and Ryanair - quite possibly because it caters to a lower class member of the populace. Yet when it comes to all the tech giants: Amazon, Google, Facebook ect... most who scold the practices of Ashley and O'Leary give these tech megalords a free pass, like you, who would rather point out that 1 member of the public is committing 'fraud,' rather than put point out that even in this country they are flouting many working condition regulations; not to mention the trillions they siphon off for themselves.But I'm sure I am taking liberties and you also virulently oppose the fraud that Amazon do commit, even though you support them with your wallet along with being an appologist for them on a deals website. Nice moral compass you have there, did it come with prime delivery?

You may need to climb down from your soap box. No one is listening. You were not only late to the party, you mislaid your invite.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants