Amazon Prime full stop multiple account trick not working

Found 10th Jul
Hi all, with Amazon Prime day on the horizon I just tried to create a new account by inserting a full stop into my gmail address, whilst using my normal billing address and payment card and it says;

Our records indicate that you are no longer eligible for an Amazon Prime free trial. You can still sign up for a paid membership below.

This ALWAYS normally works, does someone know if they have had a crackdown on this type of thing? Also does anyone know of an alternative? I created a brand new gmail account so it must be my address and/or payment card that is now the blocker.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
hatchman2614 m ago

I only use it for shopping, I assumed that they didn't stop it to increase …I only use it for shopping, I assumed that they didn't stop it to increase sales.

If you are using it then why not actually pay for it. It costs them to deliver and the collective Prime membership fees help make that free for those of us that pay.
hatchman262 h, 10 m ago

I totally see your point. I was merely asking a question about a …I totally see your point. I was merely asking a question about a 'technique' no matter how backhanded it is (that I only learnt from numerous previous HUKD posts)

It isn't a technique. It's fraud. You are knowingly registering under a new set of details in order to defraud a service offered as a one time sign up.

It doesn't matter where your learned it. If you "totally see my point" then you would pay for it.
Edited by: "windym" 10th Jul
10 Comments
They may be cross referencing payment details instead of, or as well as, e-mail addresses and /or addresses.
I only use it for shopping, I assumed that they didn't stop it to increase sales.
hatchman2614 m ago

I only use it for shopping, I assumed that they didn't stop it to increase …I only use it for shopping, I assumed that they didn't stop it to increase sales.

If you are using it then why not actually pay for it. It costs them to deliver and the collective Prime membership fees help make that free for those of us that pay.
I’m thinking of subscribing to prime using my student discount. I currently use Spotify for my music and was wondering how amazon music stacks up against it?
windym53 m ago

If you are using it then why not actually pay for it. It costs them to …If you are using it then why not actually pay for it. It costs them to deliver and the collective Prime membership fees help make that free for those of us that pay.

I totally see your point. I was merely asking a question about a 'technique' no matter how backhanded it is (that I only learnt from numerous previous HUKD posts)
I think they have cracked down on it now and are using multiple details to authenticate accounts.
over 4 years, still no issue with new account every month.

My latest free trial has been extended by 2 months due to a late delivery
hatchman262 h, 10 m ago

I totally see your point. I was merely asking a question about a …I totally see your point. I was merely asking a question about a 'technique' no matter how backhanded it is (that I only learnt from numerous previous HUKD posts)

It isn't a technique. It's fraud. You are knowingly registering under a new set of details in order to defraud a service offered as a one time sign up.

It doesn't matter where your learned it. If you "totally see my point" then you would pay for it.
Edited by: "windym" 10th Jul
This hasn't been working for a while.
windym7 h, 21 m ago

It isn't a technique. It's fraud. You are knowingly registering under a …It isn't a technique. It's fraud. You are knowingly registering under a new set of details in order to defraud a service offered as a one time sign up.It doesn't matter where your learned it. If you "totally see my point" then you would pay for it.

This site is full of fraudulent deals, it seems it's ok when certain people post them.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants