Groups

Amazon Prime (Giving away free trial again?)

Noticed this when looking at SSDs, as i ordered this:

hotukdeals.com/tag/dea…301

When i went to delivery options, next day (prime) was offered. Requiring me to agree to a 1 month Amazon Prime trial.

I had my 1 month Amazon Prime trial not long when they started doing it..

Wondered if you lot have been reoffered a trial, as it seems they're giving them out again for customers who have used it before.

May be worth people checking by adding an item, going to order and seeing what options you're given for delivery.

10 Comments

Nope i wasnt offered it when trying to order a ps3 game

Nope, I didn't get it either.

Original Poster

All trying with items which are prime eligible?

Very unusual that i got it as an option - definitely wasn't showing last week when i did an order.

spritey

All trying with items which are prime eligible?Very unusual that i got it … All trying with items which are prime eligible?Very unusual that i got it as an option - definitely wasn't showing last week when i did an order.

It had the option of prime on my item, just they wanted £49 for it :P would rather just set up a new account and get it for a month than pay £49

I was able to get a second prime trial just before xmas. My previous trial i had had a year before

i was offered a free trial again this week, love it .. though spent more than i ever do on amazon now i have prime
    Edited by: "jackvdbuk" 23rd Feb 2011

Banned

Prime has been available for ages now OP - so not really "not long ago".

In that time I've had 2 free trials.

I believe it works as follows:

Everyone who hasn't had a trial, can now get a trial (not account specific).

Then after a seemingly random period of time, you get another trial. This seems to be account specific, and time specific.

I got another trial too...

Original Poster

When i say "I had my 1 month Amazon Prime trial not long when they started doing it.."

I just mean when they started

Didn't seem that long ago, looking now.. 2007.. Crikey..

Ah well, nice to have the trial again.

Just ordered something for delivery tomorrow using my second free prime trial.
    Used it before a couple of years ago, and tried a few months ago to start another
    trial,but was directed to a payment page as i had already had a trial.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30119
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927379
      3. Cat Chat77738
      4. Get an annual MOT reminder33

See more discussions