Amazon prime - just switched off auto renew

Found 26th JanEdited by:"ccnp"
Just had a spam email to say my sub was about to expire and the credit card had expired. Nothing unusual you may think BUT it fooled Gmail, Kaspersky and Outlook! That is unusual.

That aside

Along with many others, I am now getting a Prime order on a Friday afternoon being delivered next Monday. Consequently, I have switched off auto-renew. I guess that if enough of us do it, they may get the message.

CORRECTION

On chatting to them about auto renew, it turns out that Amazon are messing around with one day delivery via setting that they have tweaked to a default of weekend delivery being switched off.

Not clever of Amazon. Don't know who it affects. Possibly only folks like us who often buy on a friday or saturday and still expect delivery next day. Apparently it has always been there but you now have to go in and turn weekend delivery off and on again for it to work.

I guess there is a change coming soon to make weekend delivery even more expensive
Community Updates
Misc
6 Comments
Rise up and stick it to the man.
I had same email a few weeks ago. I went on to my Amazon account and it doesn't run out till end of January.
Weekend deliveries have always been banned for deliveries to business addresses as they are mainly closed, so don’t flag an address as a business if it’s open on weekends. If you can’t get a delivery on a weekend for what ever reason it’s also worth checking if locker delivery as there is more chance of that happening in our area.

not surprised things are changing with the mess from Black Frida to Christmas and the possible ASA investigation.
Edited by: "eslick" 26th Jan
I don't get Prime weekend deliveries any more, but a neighbour who is on the first year of using Prime, gets deliveries on Saturdays and Sundays.
What The Flip, as they say.
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell36 m ago

I don't get Prime weekend deliveries any more, but a neighbour who is on …I don't get Prime weekend deliveries any more, but a neighbour who is on the first year of using Prime, gets deliveries on Saturdays and Sundays.What The Flip, as they say.

Same here, when I ask them why they can’t deliver to me on weekends their response is the fulfilment Center can’t deliver next day and when I say every single item! They respond fulfilment Center is closed
I ordered some stuff very early Thursday morning, everything said delivery Friday. Half the order was delivered Friday but I only got a dispatched notice for the rest Friday AM. So I thought fat chance that being delivered till Monday, but I just checked order status, and it says to be delivered today, Saturday. We will see.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants