Amazon Prime No-Rush Delivery

Found 3rd Dec 2017Edited by:"Natlover2"
I'm not sure if I'm the only one to have been affected by this but on a few of my recent orders from Amazon I've selected the option for No-Rush Delivery at checkout which normally entitles you to a £1 credit to spend on Amazon Instant Video; Kindle; Music etc.

This has always worked fine up until the past week where firstly 1 out of 4 orders received no credit despite the No-Rush Delivery option being selected and available, and shortly after 2 of 6 orders had no credit applied either (2 were from Amazon; one 3rd Party; & 3 Amazon Warehouse).

After contacting Amazon their reply was that it cannot be earned from Amazon Warehouse Deals items nor from 3rd Party Sellers (only directly via Amazon.co.uk). This contradicts everything that has happened both in the past and present where No-Rush Delivery credit has always been applied to any orders where the option was chosen and available at checkout. I'm assuming that this is a new change.

The terms are listed below:

amazon.co.uk/gp/…641

This is more of a post to make people aware rather than moan as seemingly Amazon are happy for people to select the No-Rush Delivery option without giving them the rewards that it is supposed to offer. Without any incentive to delay your order then you may as well just select next day delivery (which is what your Amazon Prime membership actually pays for).
Community Updates
Misc
11 Comments
I've not noticed this myself, because I don't regularly keep track of my credit.
But someone did mention to me, they were having the same issues as you, for media and also pantry credit.
Err...You used to be correct but Amazon Prime doesn't always offer next day delivery, in fact it seems to be a rarity nowadays.
I don't get this no rush delivery.

You're paying £79 per year for next day delivery on a variety of items on amazon, yet they've fooled everyone into using the no rush delivery with little incentives.

I think amazon are extremely clever. And the consumer is extremely.......
J4GG49 m ago

I don't get this no rush delivery.You're paying £79 per year for next day …I don't get this no rush delivery.You're paying £79 per year for next day delivery on a variety of items on amazon, yet they've fooled everyone into using the no rush delivery with little incentives.I think amazon are extremely clever. And the consumer is extremely.......

The £79 a year isn't just for next day delivery.
Where do you even check this balance? I usually pick no rush as i don't actually care how long most stuff takes and it is never more than 2 days anyway.
J4GG414 m ago

I don't get this no rush delivery.You're paying £79 per year for next day …I don't get this no rush delivery.You're paying £79 per year for next day delivery on a variety of items on amazon, yet they've fooled everyone into using the no rush delivery with little incentives.I think amazon are extremely clever. And the consumer is extremely.......

If you need the item next day/asap then you use that option but if you don't then you get £1 credit for opting for No-Rush Delivery. It's simple really. If you order enough then Amazon prime pays for itself several times over, added to the fact that Amazon Pantry credit in the past (which was obtained through No-Rush Delivery) gave me back nearly £50+ in free shopping/goods alone alongside 'next day delivery'; Amazon Video credit etc; and the Amazon Prime Video service too.

If the consumer is clever enough then they can easily make the service work in their favour.
Edited by: "Natlover2" 5th Dec 2017
CoeK3 m ago

Where do you even check this balance? I usually pick no rush as i don't …Where do you even check this balance? I usually pick no rush as i don't actually care how long most stuff takes and it is never more than 2 days anyway.

Go to any Amazon Video title -> select 'More Purchase Options' -> select 'Redeem a gift card or promotion code' and it should tell you how much credit you have. Also be aware of expiry dates as the current lot needs to be used by 31 January 2018.
Natlover24 m ago

If you need the item next day/asap then you use that option but if you …If you need the item next day/asap then you use that option but if you don't then you get £1 credit for opting for No-Rush Delivery. It's simple really. If you order enough then Amazon prime pays for itself several times over, added to the fact that Amazon Pantry credit in the past (which was obtained through No-Rush Delivery) gave me back nearly £50+ in free shopping/goods alone alongside 'next day delivery'; Instant Video credit etc; and the Amazon Prime Instant Video service too.If the consumer is clever enough then they can easily make the service work in their favour.

Seems like a faff, but I get it now....kind of. You don't technically get £1 credit to spend on anything you like.. do you?. You get £1 credit towards amazon video/music only?.
J4GG46 m ago

You get £1 credit towards amazon video/music only?.

Pretty much, yes. You can only spend it on what Amazon tells you that you can. It used to be earned on anything that was fulfilled by Amazon/ sold by Amazon etc but as my post says they seem to have changed the rules somehow as promotional credit isn't always being given where it is due/expected (despite still showing at checkout when the item is ordered). Talking to them is like talking to a brick wall too.
Edited by: "Natlover2" 5th Dec 2017
J4GG46 m ago

Seems like a faff, but I get it now....kind of. You don't technically get …Seems like a faff, but I get it now....kind of. You don't technically get £1 credit to spend on anything you like.. do you?. You get £1 credit towards amazon video/music only?.

I've had over £300 credit this year - that's over thirty free albums, even factoring in my £39 Student Prime.
That many of the items ordered were also free is just the icing on the cake
CoeK12 m ago

Where do you even check this balance? I usually pick no rush as i don't …Where do you even check this balance? I usually pick no rush as i don't actually care how long most stuff takes and it is never more than 2 days anyway.

amazon.co.uk/gp/…p=1
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants