Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Amazon Prime Now minimum spend

Posted 19th Apr
Amazon prime now free delivery minimum spend is £15. I have chosen no subsititutes and that if the item is not available then leave it out from the order.

If the items are left out of the order on the day / time of delivery such that the order is less than £15, will the delivery charge automatically kick in or will they keep to their free delivery promise as it was not my fault the items were available at order but not when they pick them from the warehouse itself?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
No you won’t get charged.
Tip in case people are not aware on prime now.

Order from amazon - what you checkout is what you'll get, you can't order what isn't available.

Order from Morrisons - normal shop shelf picker so you'll get what is available at the time of picking, so possibly missing or substitute items. Even when selecting no substitution it seems this is ignored a lot of the time over the last few weeks. Maybe the pickers think something is better than nothing.
a666andy19/04/2020 19:47

Tip in case people are not aware on prime now.Order from amazon - what you …Tip in case people are not aware on prime now.Order from amazon - what you checkout is what you'll get, you can't order what isn't available.Order from Morrisons - normal shop shelf picker so you'll get what is available at the time of picking, so possibly missing or substitute items. Even when selecting no substitution it seems this is ignored a lot of the time over the last few weeks. Maybe the pickers think something is better than nothing.

thanks for this advice. this is very useful as i see the same items for sale on both amazon and morrisons so will choose the amazon one if they appear on both sites as the amazon ones seem more reliable from what you are saying. i thought they get them from the same warehouse whether it be from amazon or morrisons as they are available from either shop so it didn't matter but from what you say, that doesn't seem to be the case.
Edited by: "mutley1" 19th Apr
I've also found the stuff is fresher on the Amazon side. Got some bottles of cravendale from amazon a couple of weeks back dated the 28th, morrisons a week later was the 26th!
julieallen19/04/2020 20:19

I've also found the stuff is fresher on the Amazon side. Got some bottles …I've also found the stuff is fresher on the Amazon side. Got some bottles of cravendale from amazon a couple of weeks back dated the 28th, morrisons a week later was the 26th!

i noticed that morrisons items are available on both the amazon and morrisons shop, so does amazon actually buy stuff from morrisons and stash them in their own warehouse?
mutley119/04/2020 20:21

i noticed that morrisons items are available on both the amazon and …i noticed that morrisons items are available on both the amazon and morrisons shop, so does amazon actually buy stuff from morrisons and stash them in their own warehouse?

I'm not sure, but presume amazon have a selection of stuff on their side, and Morrisons another. If you check, prices can be different and stock levels different too.
What did amazon say when you phoned them or contacted them via online chat?
mutley119/04/2020 20:21

i noticed that morrisons items are available on both the amazon and …i noticed that morrisons items are available on both the amazon and morrisons shop, so does amazon actually buy stuff from morrisons and stash them in their own warehouse?

There is normally more choice via Morrisons but it all depends on what you're aiming for. I can only presume that amazon maybe share some distribution centres or do get specific stock in. I've seen multiple times recently where I've left items in my basket waiting for a delivery slot, then go out of stock, so the definitely know what is or isn't available before you check out.
a666andy19/04/2020 20:45

There is normally more choice via Morrisons but it all depends on what …There is normally more choice via Morrisons but it all depends on what you're aiming for. I can only presume that amazon maybe share some distribution centres or do get specific stock in. I've seen multiple times recently where I've left items in my basket waiting for a delivery slot, then go out of stock, so the definitely know what is or isn't available before you check out.

i thought that when you stuff from amazon, they have them in stock when you check out until i am told this isn't case as items do get left out when the delivery takes place because they had ran out of stock between check out and delivery.

i see morrison potatoes available on both amazon and morrisons shop for example, so would choosing this from the amazon shop means it has a better chance of turning up? i can understand branded items being stocked separately by amazon, but morrisons' own produce being sold on amazon shop, wonder if this would come from the morrisons side any way, even though it is sold on the amazon shop.

i can also order items in the same basket from either of the shop so i thought they must pick items up from the same warehouse as it is one order.
Edited by: "mutley1" 19th Apr
If you check out the item from amazon then you should get it if purchased from amazon and not morrisons (from prime now obviously)

If you order from Morrisons and amazon it will actually be 2 separate purchases, not one, you will have to checkout separately.
a666andy19/04/2020 21:25

If you check out the item from amazon then you should get it if purchased …If you check out the item from amazon then you should get it if purchased from amazon and not morrisons (from prime now obviously)If you order from Morrisons and amazon it will actually be 2 separate purchases, not one, you will have to checkout separately.

good advice as now i am thinking that the morrisons items are not reliable as i have heard comments that they are often not available when the delivery takes place and even though you state no substitute they still substitute them and they don't price match. also you can't give the stuff back if they give you substitutes that you don't want as some delivery drivers now use covid 19 as a reason for not taking things back at the door.

thanks for the pointer about amazon and morrisons being processed as two separate orders.
If you order from Amazon they stock a lot of products from Morrison’s and from other places too. When you order from them you will get what you order because it comes from there prime now warehouse which they count inventory. When you order from Morrison’s on prime now there is just an estimate of stock availability so when you order a picker will go round your local Morrison’s store and pick what is on the shelves. So you’ll find a lot of stuff out of stock. You won’t go charged for what you don’t get. Any substitutes you will get charged the correct price for but if you don’t want it you can just click return in the app and you’ll get a refund with no return needed. Hope this helps.
Edited by: "Love__Bargains" 19th Apr
Love__Bargains19/04/2020 21:56

If you order from Amazon they stock a lot of products from Morrison’s and f …If you order from Amazon they stock a lot of products from Morrison’s and from other places too. When you order from them you will get what you order because it comes from there prime now warehouse which they count inventory. When you order from Morrison’s on prime now there is just an estimate of stock availability so when you order a picker will go round your local Morrison’s store and pick what is on the shelves. So you’ll find a lot of stuff out of stock. You won’t go charged for what you don’t get. Any substitutes you will get charged the correct price for but if you don’t want it you can just click return in the app and you’ll get a refund with no return needed. Hope this helps.

That is very helpful info. Thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions