Amazon Prime Now (not Amazon Prime) - minimum spend for free delivery increased to £40

Found 3rd Nov 2017Edited by:"Steve353"
They now accept orders from £15 (previously £20) but you're charged £3.99 (previously free) for delivery times over 2 hours, unless you are spending £40+
Not great timing with Black Friday coming up

2821786.jpg
Delivery rates as stated on the site
There are two delivery options for orders fulfilled by Amazon Prime Now and local stores:
  • Scheduled delivery in a two-hour delivery window at no additional cost subject to a minimum order threshold of £40 or for £3.99 if below this threshold.
  • Delivery within one-hour for £7.99 per order, available in eligible postcode

primenow.amazon.co.uk/home
2821786-YU2ET.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
11 Comments
Isn’t that for people that can get orders delivered within 2 hours?
Original Poster
joshua_andrews_18826 m ago

Isn’t that for people that can get orders delivered within 2 hours?

Added more info to original post for clarification
Another big company trying to kill itself with greed then
This is better for me because I can’t get 2 hour delivery anyway, and the reduction to £15 minimum spend is good news
Segata-Sanshiro10 m ago

No, an immensely successful company maximising its profit.
used it a few times when there have been vouchers and its a great service but recently found out that if you buy something and it becomes faulty they will only refund which means you no longer have the bargain you thought you did. So from our point of view its only worth using for consumables and increasing to £40 probably means we wouldn't use it again.
@Steve353

"...Not great timing with Black Friday coming up..."

Segata-Sanshiro3rd Nov

You two must not understand Amazon are a business, & wish to promote/increase sales of their premium products (Amazon Prime/Prime Now) during periods of increased retail sales activity.
Edited by: "fanpages" 6th Nov 2017
Looks like ill have to add more beer to each order then!!
"...but you're charged £3.99 (previously free) for delivery times over 2 hours..."

So they charge you for waiting longer?

Meh, what do I care, it's never been available in my area anyway.
Well I've cancelled my prime membership, slapping a £4.00 charge on a service which already requires a subscription is ridiculous. On a positive note it seems I'll be doing more walking since I have to go to the shops now.
Does turn out quite handy when you get a 30 Day Prime Trial and the item(s) you want are available via PrimeNow.

It so happens that what I want is available at a 'Real' discount because of 'Black Friday' and there is a '£20 off your 1st 3 orders' PrimeNow promotion*, so it turns out that I get a 'Next Day' timed delivery and money (£10) off as well !!!

Because of this I am more than happy to give the Delivery Driver a Tip via the 'Tip' option on the order.
A Win Win Win [Me, Amazon and the Delivery Driver]

* £20 off your 1st three orders promotion on PrimeNow give £10 + £5 + £5 off your 1st three orders.

Get £20 off across your first 3 shops

£10 off your first shop
Enter this code at checkout: TENNOW
Valid between: 20/11/17 to 27/11/17 at 23:59 GMT
Min spend: £40.00

£5 off your second shop
Enter this code at checkout: ORDER2
Valid between: 29/11/17 to 31/01/18 at 23:59 GMT
Min spend: £40.00

£5 off your third shop
Enter this code at checkout: ORDER3
Valid between: 29/11/17 to 31/01/18 at 23:59 GMT