Amazon Prime - Premier League

Posted 2nd Dec
As i have Prime, will i be able to watch the Premier League games being shown on Amazon this month at no extra cost?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
yes, at no extra cost. i suspect lots of people will create new accounts to watch.

so not sure what amazon get out of it. i dont think many people will pay a sub to watch when a new account can be easily created.

not like Grand Tour where new episodes come out weekly over 2 months so even though 1st month would be free, 2nd month they'd have to pay (obviously they can create another new account).
"Free to Prime members... at no extra cost" implies free to Prime members at no extra cost amazon.co.uk/b?i…031
EN1GMA02/12/2019 11:24

yes, at no extra cost. i suspect lots of people will create new accounts …yes, at no extra cost. i suspect lots of people will create new accounts to watch.so not sure what amazon get out of it. i dont think many people will pay a sub to watch when a new account can be easily created.not like Grand Tour where new episodes come out weekly over 2 months so even though 1st month would be free, 2nd month they'd have to pay (obviously they can create another new account).

They paid very little for this "package" and so are probably just dipping their toe and I doubt they expect to make much if anything from it. They might retain a few prime members and existing ones get a nice Christmas bonus. They have deep pockets so if this goes well then they could come back and compete for more packages with Sky and BT is how I see it
Very little? £90million is still a fair wack
EN1GMA02/12/2019 11:24

yes, at no extra cost. i suspect lots of people will create new accounts …yes, at no extra cost. i suspect lots of people will create new accounts to watch.so not sure what amazon get out of it.

The premier league is the most watched sports league in the entire world. It attracts 4.7 billion viewers each season. So the very least amazon should expect......

-Tens of thousands/Millions of new accounts?
-Tens of thousands/Millions of permanent prime members?
-Worldwide advertising?
-Thousands/Millions of website sales from these new prime members?

Its a smart move from amazon and they are not dumb when it comes to marketing.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 2nd Dec
J4GG402/12/2019 13:23

The premier league is the most watched sports league in the entire world. …The premier league is the most watched sports league in the entire world. It attracts 4.7 billion viewers each season. So the very least amazon should expect......-Tens of thousands/Millions of new accounts?-Tens of thousands/Millions of permanent prime members?-Worldwide advertising?-Thousands/Millions of website sales from these new prime members?Its a smart move from amazon and they are not dumb when it comes to marketing.

Definitely it's a smart move, but saying on this instance, they probably just wanting to check the numbers. So if a sizeable number watch, which they will, safe to say amazon will be back. This package was 90 million and they've got the games for the next 3 years.

Sky must be bricking it. Imagine if Google, FB etc all come in.... Sky will either have to pay up or.....

And hopefully these USA companies will use their clout to finally show 3pm games on a Saturday.
EN1GMA02/12/2019 14:00

Definitely it's a smart move, but saying on this instance, they probably …Definitely it's a smart move, but saying on this instance, they probably just wanting to check the numbers. So if a sizeable number watch, which they will, safe to say amazon will be back. This package was 90 million and they've got the games for the next 3 years.Sky must be bricking it. Imagine if Google, FB etc all come in.... Sky will either have to pay up or.....And hopefully these USA companies will use their clout to finally show 3pm games on a Saturday.

It will be interesting to see if it works well for amazon or not and whether they'll pursue it in the future. NBC has been good to me for 3pm kick offs though, of course im an American resident.
Some matches are under a Prime heading and some not. E.g I see "Prime Premier League Replays and Highlights". Then live matches listed e.g. today Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur without the word Prime in front. Are all live matches listed included in the Prime subscription?
Edited by: "harrythefish" 4th Dec
I used the free 30 day trial.

Thanks Mr Book seller

I'm rather enjoying the free football coverage that is far superiour to sky tv's coverage.

I'll save the seaman for Christmas!
Watched the Liverpool v Everton game tonight and discussion afterwards with Gabby Yorath, Martinez, Crouch and Henry. Thumbs up here.
CrimsonSilver02/12/2019 12:17

Very little? £90million is still a fair wack

I read its £90m for 60 games over 3 years so £1.5m per game which is small in football terms particularly with amazon's deep pockets. I've really enjoyed the last two nights coverage and am looking forward to more tonight and the Leicester vs Liverpool game after Christmas could be pivotal
39265160-h3jBy.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions