Groups

Amazon Prime Purposely Not Doing Next Day Delivery For Me?

I've just noticed this issue now although i didn't pay much attention to it before, currently almost everything with Prime is showing me get it delivered on Mon 10 July. I've only went back to have a look as i was expecting a Prime item on 3rd July when i added it to my basket, then i noticed on the confirmation email it said 3-7 july, and this morning i have a dispatch email and it's now arriving on the 10th!!

I want to buy this product, amazon.co.uk/d/I…Y3Q for delivery tomorrow, it shows me get it by 10 July in chrome. I go to FFox and it shows me get it by tomorrow!! I'm not signed in to amazon on FFox but i made sure to change my postcode to show an accurate time scale.

Anyone else have this issue? I do make full use of prime and i have at least 2-3 orders from them a week.

18 Comments

Its rare that they do Weekend deliveries now (area specific), so for Prime an order placed on a Friday will be delivered on a Monday, seems to have changed a while ago.

Original Poster

that could be a possibility! I've just tried to place a dummy order to partners place and it does say delivery on 8th....put it back to my address and it shows 10th!

I logged in & it would allow me to have it delivered tomorrow if I order in the next 7 hours, I'm in a populated conurbation with a warehouse ~ 6 miles away.

robertr45 m ago

Its rare that they do Weekend deliveries now (area specific), so for Prime …Its rare that they do Weekend deliveries now (area specific), so for Prime an order placed on a Friday will be delivered on a Monday, seems to have changed a while ago.

I'm on a Prime free trial atm and have ordered items on Friday for Saturday delivery each of the past 2 weeks.

Amazon are switching away from 3rd party delivery partners and starting their own system (You may have heard of Amazon "Flex"); it could be your partners house is covered by a new Flex driver (basically a Zero hours, self employment to avoid having to pay stamp/sick/holiday benefits dodge), but you are still on a traditional delivery route.

Since Flex started, I have been getting some deliveries, even free economy deliveries, turn up at 7pm on a Sunday evening.

Original Poster

a quick google search & landed on amazon forums, suggested that i enable 1 click settings and alter my address slightly & then be sure to tick sat & sun delivery's. Appears to have worked for now....

Gentle_Giant

Amazon are switching away from 3rd party delivery partners and starting … Amazon are switching away from 3rd party delivery partners and starting their own system (You may have heard of Amazon "Flex"); it could be your partners house is covered by a new Flex driver (basically a Zero hours, self employment to avoid having to pay stamp/sick/holiday benefits dodge), but you are still on a traditional delivery route.Since Flex started, I have been getting some deliveries, even free economy deliveries, turn up at 7pm on a Sunday evening.

This makes sense.
    I was stumped as to why my Amazon delivery last weekend came in a 'normal car' as opposed to standard delivery type van.

Original Poster

In my area, Leicester, 99% of my stuff has always come with amazon logistics, the odd 1 or 2 has been with RM or DPD.

spoo

I'm on a Prime free trial atm and have ordered items on Friday for … I'm on a Prime free trial atm and have ordered items on Friday for Saturday delivery each of the past 2 weeks.

Yes, it depends what distribution centre they come from.

robertr9 m ago

Yes, it depends what distribution centre they come from.

Okay, looks like there are advantages to living in the black country after all

chuckiedoll

This makes sense. :)I was stumped as to why my Amazon delivery last … This makes sense. :)I was stumped as to why my Amazon delivery last weekend came in a 'normal car' as opposed to standard delivery type van.

I had an Amazon delivery handled by Myhermes, or rather it wasn't delivered. Resulted in Amazon sending replacement via its own "logistics" method & my Prime membership being extended by one month at zero cost. Back to OP question : I too perceive less options for w/e deliveries.

Thus shows for me as available for delivery thus evening 6-10pm in my area (Manchester) I've rarely not been offered next day delivery with prime. Maybe it's specific to the area you are in?

I get items delivered 7 days a week. If it's available it will come on a Sunday. Never noticed any issues.

I'm still waiting for next day delivery on an item I ordered five days ago. I live in a city just a few miles from their distribution centre. So much for convenience.

Yeah , my orders normally come next day, yesterday I ordered a lighting product with prime, delivery is set as the 14th July.. weird ..

In the end it didnt help me, and I shut my Amazon store down; but I always stated my stock was in the UK for immediate dispatch, as I myself was pee'd off with not knowing how long something would take to arrive until it was in my cart; and especially with those 12th July - 4th November delivery estimates!!!

A number of people started copying my stock, for a whole Pound less, but delivery was from China and would take weeks (and sometimes not even the same size, let alone quality).; but "its a Pound cheaper, so I'll buy that" is the rule these days.
    Edited by: "Gentle_Giant" 8th Jul

Sometimes for weekend delivery the only way to get it is using the lockers. Have had plenty of things come from outside of the UK and get expedite rather than prime as their IK warehouse doesn't stock it. Complain and they say that's just how it is.

Prime should be next day delivery as long as you order at a reasonable time in the day. This includes Sunday delivery.

The only exception should be if it is coming from a foreign distribution centre.

In this case it will normally be listed as Prime, but does normally say that "prime members get faster delivery".

If it doesn't arrive on time, always complain. You will normally get at least a voucher towards your next purchase.

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. iPhone charging cable.916
      2. Wifi extender1115
      3. No Dead Pixel Guarantee?33
      4. Music download11

See more discussions