amazon prime. take advantage of free trial

19 replies
Found 6th Jul
I ordered something off Amazon on tuesday and accidentally clicked one month free trial of Amazon prime. I'm not that bothered about it as I order maybe one item half a dozen time off the site each year. Cut a long story short, said item has not arrived and Amazon have extended my free trial till September. How do I make the most of this? Think my son would like to watch the grand tour with jezza and mates but apart from this, I have no clue what the advantages are

19 Comments

If you have a smart tv or a android box, install the amazon prime app play.google.com/sto…_GB

Original Poster

ame2607

All perks here … All perks here :)https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201015970

I read that but it means nothing to me. I think I need to try harder

Original Poster

philmitchell

If you have a smart tv or a android box, install the amazon prime app … If you have a smart tv or a android box, install the amazon prime app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.avod.thirdpartyclient&hl=en_GB

I have a smart tv. I don't really know what a smart tv is. You get the idea I am not really interested in tech?

just tell amazon you clicked by accident and you will get refunded.

Just cancel it and move on...

sunnyhot2 h, 14 m ago

just tell amazon you clicked by accident and you will get refunded.

Refunding a free trial, how's that work?

spoo41 m ago

Refunding a free trial, how's that work?

Oh. Didn't read properly.

Advantages are, free next day delivery. That's pretty much it for me. Their TV side of it isn't up to much other than one or two of their own shows. You still have to pay extra for a lot of the stuff. You could also use their music streaming service but I found it didn't have as much content as other services. It is usable though.

Original Poster

Rusty82

Advantages are, free next day delivery. That's pretty much it for me. … Advantages are, free next day delivery. That's pretty much it for me. Their TV side of it isn't up to much other than one or two of their own shows. You still have to pay extra for a lot of the stuff. You could also use their music streaming service but I found it didn't have as much content as other services. It is usable though.

That's a laugh. Still waiting for a parcel I ordered on Tuesday.

Original Poster

bobdylan

Just cancel it and move on...

I fully intend to cancel it. What I want to know is how to make use of it in the mean time
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 7th Jul

It's amazon prime day on the 10th, so you might benefit from some good deals.

Original Poster

delusion

It's amazon prime day on the 10th, so you might benefit from some good … It's amazon prime day on the 10th, so you might benefit from some good deals.

There will have to be some really good deals on there to restore my faith in Amazon at the moment. You would not think it could be so difficult to deliver a washing line.

psychobitchfromhell2 h, 8 m ago

That's a laugh. Still waiting for a parcel I ordered on Tuesday.

Yeah tell me about it. Ordered a deal from Hukd on 29th June and still not got them. They've just told me will be 2-5 weeks. Didn't say that when I bought them!!

Good job I'm on a permanent trial with them and I don't actually pay for the service.

psychobitchfromhell2 h, 9 m ago

I fully intend to cancel it. What I want to know is how to make use of it …I fully intend to cancel it. What I want to know is how to make use of it in the mean time

Not sure if you're aware but you don't have to wait to cancel it just before it runs out. You can cancel now but it won't stop until the official trial end date.

Original Poster

Rusty82

Not sure if you're aware but you don't have to wait to cancel it just … Not sure if you're aware but you don't have to wait to cancel it just before it runs out. You can cancel now but it won't stop until the official trial end date.

I found that button. I will probably do that. I've never had a problem with Amazon before but right now I am ready to strangle them with the washing line. I will see what the supervisor has to say when they email me. All I want to do is hang the washing out......

Original Poster

Rusty82

Yeah tell me about it. Ordered a deal from Hukd on 29th June and still … Yeah tell me about it. Ordered a deal from Hukd on 29th June and still not got them. They've just told me will be 2-5 weeks. Didn't say that when I bought them!! Good job I'm on a permanent trial with them and I don't actually pay for the service.

I ordered on Tuesday and delivery was Thursday. Didn't turn up so onto live chat . Very sorry, will deliver tomorrow and take an extra month trial. Email this morning saying it is on the road for delivery, still no sign. Back on live chat, so sorry we will guarantee tomorrow. Said you promised me that yesterday. The answer was to cancel the order and get it delivered by the fastest method by a different courier. That turns out to be Sunday. When I pointed out that was even longer than I had already been promised twice they said it might come early so now I have to stay in tomorrow too in case it comes. Not a happy psychobitch

psychobitchfromhell

I fully intend to cancel it. What I want to know is how to make use of it … I fully intend to cancel it. What I want to know is how to make use of it in the mean time

Someone already outlined all the benefits above, not much more we can do

Original Poster

bobdylan

Someone already outlined all the benefits above, not much more we can do

So as far as I can see there really aren't many benefits. Why do people pay £80 a year for this?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G914
    2. Computer upgrades67
    3. Dog advice please. Think my Labrador is dying after catching the cold77
    4. Any ideas for eye glare protection from computer screens?89

See more discussions