Expired

Amazon Prime trial extended for late delivery?

Found 28th Mar 2014
I was wondering if anyone had got Amazon to extend the free trial, or get a discount off the yearly price if an item ordered didnt arrive when specified?
Basically my partner went to buy an Xbox One game at Asda, I insisted on seeing if the £5 off code still worked (it didn't) but saw Amazon was a couple quid cheaper than Asda anyway. It said order in the next x minutes for guaranteed delivery on Wednesday. So placed the order as Wednesday was the only day I was going to be in.
It was dispatched at 8:30pm Tuesday, arrived at the main hub at 2am or something but, never arrived at the local depot until Thursday morning and then DPD attempted to deliver to me but, I wasn't in. Anyone had any luck getting the trial extended or a discount off the yearly price for this?

This was last Wednesday I was supposed to get it and because I wasn't going to be in, I couldn't get it delivered until Monday, well by then I could have bought it 10 times over from other places. Even if I'd ordered with standard delivery I'm sure it would have arrived Saturday at the latest.
Community Updates
16 Comments
Banned
Why dont you ask them?
Use the online chat
Original Poster
ifrazalam

Why dont you ask them?Use the online chat

Because they were useless when I spoke to them before so trying to see if other people have had their trial extended or something before I chat to them.
I am a family member on my son's Prime account and after a number of late deliveries they extended my time by a month. I didn't ask them to extend - just contacted them after estimated delivery had passed.
Each and every time I get a late delivery I echat them and get a month extention from them never been refused yet just make sure you point out that it's late and that's when the give the free month
I had an extra month added because my very first order using prime was misrouted by DPD, also ended up having a full refund for the item as well
good thread, i did not realise this.
You often don't get it first time but when you get email asking if you are satisfied state no and you will get one month extension.
Just send them a complaint about it being later than specified, but don't ask for anything.

Be politely angry in the email - end it with Kind Regards. Works every time.
Delivery was one day late, demand compensation!

Typical entitled Britain.
Strange reading this.
I have prime and have ordered many things.
Not one of them came the next day.

I tried using buy with one click yesterday and it put me on express. Didnt mean to but hey, what can you do?

Guaranteed delivery for today now, so they can do it after all ha ha.

Had to pay for it mind
Original Poster
GoatzRus

Delivery was one day late, demand compensation!Typical entitled Britain.

It's not the fact that it was a day late exactly that's the problem. The fact is, had Amazon not said order in the next x minutes for guaranteed delivery Wednesday 19th, I would have not ordered as Wednesday was the only day I would be in, until possibly Monday, or even this Wednesday. For all you know, it may have been a birthday present and so I needed it as soon as possible and if Amazon couldn't deliver Wednesday, I would have gone out and paid the extra £2 from a shop. I didn't need it for a birthday present but, if it hadn't said Wednesday delivery, I wouldn't have ordered at all which is the issue.
GoatzRus

Well yes, in this case the company has promised something that they didn't deliver on. If it was a case of "item expected on Wednesday" then that leaves the door open for a thursday (or later) delivery but they have stated teh day it will arrive by.

When i had the trial, I had an item not turn up the next day and they tried to say to me that because i lived in the north of Scotland i couldn't possibly expect next day delivery on any item. When i asked where in the T+Cs this was stated as i must have missed that part, the customer rep said that it wasn't in the T+Cs but ASSUMED that, this was clear.

At the end of the day a service was offered for (potential) payment and has failed to live up to the claims, clear breach of contract.
I have had my Prime (annual) extended by one month after each late delivery - last year, I had four late deliveries and Amazon extended Prime by four months. I always use online chat, works for me
GoatzRus

No, actually it is about Amazon failing to honour its pledge of guaranteed next-day delivery; I don't really care if Amazon or its delivery agents (DPD, HDNL, Yodel) are at fault, I pay for a service, I expect to receive it. Enough said.
deleted335097
Amazon delivered late, I complained on chat and got another month free, so hope this helps someone!
Venezia

Amazon delivered late, I complained on chat and got another month free, … Amazon delivered late, I complained on chat and got another month free, so hope this helps someone!

They offered me a £3 refund off my order as compensation, which I accepted.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions