Expired

Amazon Prime Trick - Share with Friends and save! Get Prime for £16 a Year! Share it!

Found 23rd Nov 2013
FROM THE 26TH OF FEB THIS WILL CHANGE TO £80 FOR THE 12 MONTHS AND THE HOLDER OF THE PRIME WILL GET LOVEFILM FOR FREE.

WITH THE NEW PRICE IT WILL WORK OUT AS £16 EACH WHICH IS STILL GOOD VALUE. I GUESS THERE WILL BE MORE PEOPLE WANTING TO BE THE HOLDER ACCOUNT. WE WILL SEE HOW IT GOES.

I'm not sure if I can share this but I'm going to as I've been doing this for years.

You are allowed to share your amazon prime with the family (upto 4 other family members)
You could maybne share with 4 other hotukdeals members and make the savings if you see what I mean lol

The names do not need to match. The addresses also do not need to match.

Basically, Amazon prime is £49 and then you share it with 4 other "family" members by linking with email and dob. They then pay you £10 each to be linked and you then get unlimited prime for £10 (for the 12 months)

T&C

Free or paid members can share their delivery benefits with up to four additional household members. Other Amazon Prime membership benefits such as the Kindle Owners' Lending Library can't be shared.

To manage sharing your Amazon Prime membership:

1. Go to Manage Prime Membership .

2. Click Invite a household member.

3. You can then do the following: ◦Share your membership by entering the name, relationship, birthday, and e-mail address of the person you'd like to share the membership with, along with your birthday.

Note: The person you invite will need to know the month and day of your birthday to accept the invitation.

◦Stop sharing your membership with someone by selecting the bullet next to their name and then clicking Remove.

Note: Amazon Family members receiving Amazon Prime delivery benefits and customers receiving a free 30 days of Amazon Prime benefits with Kindle Fire won't be able to share their benefits. All existing shared household members will continue to receive delivery benefits if the primary member switches to the Amazon Prime as offered by one of these programmes. However, the primary member won't be able to add or change shared household members if they move to one of these programmes.

I would advise that the "person that starts a share!" should have feedback on hotukdeals just to give peace of mind. If you have no feedback I would join someones share that does have it

Added
23/12/2013

We have noticed over the last couple of weeks with late parcels that if you open a live chat and complain they give you a extra month for free. The one I share with has had a extra 3 months for free.
Community Updates
2175 Comments
Thanks for sharing, I've moved this to misc as its more of a heads up than a deal.
Original Poster
This is how we do it.

The person that setup the prime has to collect the £10 from each person (we do it via paypal gift, once he gets the four payments from 4 of the people) he then joins prime and he then asks for each of the email address and the dob for each person.

You then click the link to link to you, and you then need to enter his/her dob to it. once your linked you see the link person and nothing else. at the end of the 12 months you just pay the £10 again. If you have late deliverys any of you can complain to amazon and they then give everyone linked a extra month for free.. the more that are late the longer you get

Things to note,

Our records indicate that you are currently sharing an Amazon Prime membership but are not the primary account holder. You will not receive the additional Family benefits unless you join Prime.

i joined and paid.... added family and friends for free....;)
I will do this if I can find another 4 people willing to chip in

If trust is an issue, you can check my FS/FT feedback for reassurance.
Edited by: "Jamie724" 23rd Nov 2013
Good idea but a little risky with trust

n1 for poisting this out
Jamie724

I will do this if I can find another 4 people willing to chip in :)If … I will do this if I can find another 4 people willing to chip in :)If trust is an issue, you can check my FS/FT feedback for reassurance.

I would like to join urs if possible, can also check feedback.
mai

I would like to join urs if possible, can also check feedback.

Sounds great, do you know anyone else that would be interested?
I'm happy to join you two aswell check my feedback judt need one more

Jamie724

I will do this if I can find another 4 people willing to chip in :)If … I will do this if I can find another 4 people willing to chip in :)If trust is an issue, you can check my FS/FT feedback for reassurance.

Jamie724

mai

[quote=Jamie724] I will do this if I can find another 4 people willing to … [quote=Jamie724] I will do this if I can find another 4 people willing to chip in :)If trust is an issue, you can check my FS/FT feedback for reassurance.

I also would like to join if that's ok
Cool so we have 4 now
Cool so we have 4 now
So how we doing this? Lol
Jamie724

carterland

Jamie724

Jamie724

mai

[quote=Jamie724] I will do this if I can find another 4 people willing … [quote=Jamie724] I will do this if I can find another 4 people willing to chip in :)If trust is an issue, you can check my FS/FT feedback for reassurance.

ash7612

mai I would like to join urs if possible, can also check feedback.I also … mai I would like to join urs if possible, can also check feedback.I also would like to join if that's ok

We need just one more person guys, see if you can find someone.
ash7612

So how we doing this? Lol

If you guys are comfortable about doing it, the only way I can see of doing it is me sending you my Paypal and you send me the £10. Once I've got the four payments, I'll set it up. Sound fair?
Seems reasonable to me you seem trustworthy plus PayPal should put peoples mind at ease
Jamie724

carterland

Jamie724

Jamie724

mai

[quote=Jamie724] I will do this if I can find another 4 people willing … [quote=Jamie724] I will do this if I can find another 4 people willing to chip in :)If trust is an issue, you can check my FS/FT feedback for reassurance.

I thought it was "upto" 4 people?
Seems reasonable to me you seem trustworthy plus PayPal should put peoples mind at ease
ash7612

I thought it was "upto" 4 people?

From the way I interpreted it, it was me + four other people.

From the T&C's:

"If you purchase an Amazon Prime membership, you may also invite up to four eligible family members"
Jamie724

If you guys are comfortable about doing it, the only way I can see of … If you guys are comfortable about doing it, the only way I can see of doing it is me sending you my Paypal and you send me the £10. Once I've got the four payments, I'll set it up. Sound fair?

I don't have PayPal but I can do by BT?
ash7612

I don't have PayPal but I can do by BT?

Yeah, BT would also be fine.
Yes I understood it as you plus 4 others hence why it is £10 each
Jamie724

Yeah, BT would also be fine.

Yes great. Send me your details By pm.
Send me your PayPal email and I'll get it sent over, will you be able to get it set up as soon as you receive everyone's money? Cheers
carterland

Send me your PayPal email and I'll get it sent over, will you be able to … Send me your PayPal email and I'll get it sent over, will you be able to get it set up as soon as you receive everyone's money? Cheers

Yup, as soon as it's all received I'll check exactly what steps I have to do through Amazon and get back to you.
Payment sent
That's carterland sent his money, just waiting for ash and mai to send their's now. Still one space open, if anyone is reading and wanting to join in!
ash7612

Yes great. Send me your details By pm.

Alright mate I sent payment. If you check you should see it
Lmao
Original Poster
Good to see people doing this. We been doing it for years now.. I guess there is a trust issue but if you can overcome that you are going to save
any space for me??
transit

Lmao

What's so funny?
Very convenient as I just ordered 2 things off amazon today so the sooner we get this done I can change delivery to prime delivery :-)
immy_ashraf

any space for me??

1 space left, you can take it if you like!
Banned
Will the tears be sent first class or super saver?
Original Poster
bykergrove

Will the tears be sent first class or super saver?

First class, Most of mine are with dpd or citylink and sometimes royalmail.

dpd and citylink are 100% on time for me.. with royalmail its not 100% but I complain and get a extra month for free and that's free for EVERYONE on the share
pm me
Original Poster
This is my order status that I have done

143 orders placed in 2011
163 orders placed in 2012
100 orders placed in 2013

I order a lot, I started using another trick.. sell a cd on ebay, send it from amazon to them directly and you keep the digital soundtrack on the cloud. that's another good trick!
Have received ash's payment too.
Jamie724

That's carterland sent his money, just waiting for ash and mai to send … That's carterland sent his money, just waiting for ash and mai to send their's now. Still one space open, if anyone is reading and wanting to join in!

Just sent mine x
Right guys, that's all payments received apart from the 1 more person we need.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants