Amazon Prime USA price increase

Found 27th Apr
money.cnn.com/201…tml
Prime to increase from $99 to $119.
The company announced the price hike for its membership program during a call with investors Thursday. The change will go into effect May 11, and it will apply to Prime renewals beginning June 16.

Do you reckon we'll see a similar increase in the UK?.....£99?
Community Updates
MiscUSA
8 Comments
I hope not mines due next month.
Might not as dollar is weakening which may have been the trigger.
There is real inflation for you, not the make believe government figures. Will be interesting to see if any of the predictions for the financial crash coming this year or next come true.
I thought that increase had already happened. If the UK one does go up I am less likely to continue with it.
ch7leach1 h, 32 m ago

I thought that increase had already happened. If the UK one does go up I …I thought that increase had already happened. If the UK one does go up I am less likely to continue with it.

They put the monthly price up a few months ago.
Amazon also doubled it quarterly profits too. theguardian.com/tec…sts

Making even more money, treating workers like crap and hiking the price of Prime. Somehow, I don’t think Amazon is as great as they are made out to be.

But hey, Bezos is putting a clock in a mountain at least. That’s something. Right? Right?
Biddy22 h, 15 m ago

Amazon also doubled it quarterly profits too. …Amazon also doubled it quarterly profits too. https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/apr/26/amazon-expected-to-post-record-quarterly-sales-growth-analystsMaking even more money, treating workers like crap and hiking the price of Prime. Somehow, I don’t think Amazon is as great as they are made out to be.But hey, Bezos is putting a clock in a mountain at least. That’s something. Right? Right?

And on top of that, Prime video seems to get worse (most of what I've put in my watchlist over recent months now has to be paid for) and Amazon don't seem to pay their dues in any place they operate. It's not so bad if you feel you are getting something more for the price rise, but you're not. And yet, Amazon are raking it in more than ever.
Biddy211 h, 47 m ago

Amazon also doubled it quarterly profits too. …Amazon also doubled it quarterly profits too. https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/apr/26/amazon-expected-to-post-record-quarterly-sales-growth-analystsMaking even more money, treating workers like crap and hiking the price of Prime. Somehow, I don’t think Amazon is as great as they are made out to be.But hey, Bezos is putting a clock in a mountain at least. That’s something. Right? Right?

They're not making that money through retail though. It is mostly down to their computing platforms.

With that in mind, there is at least some justification.

However the day they decided the bundle Prime Video is the day they made their biggest mistake in my opinion.

3-digits a year for Prime is a big ask. Prime Video is a poor man's Netflix and Prime Music is a poor man's Spotify. Neither are no-brainer reasons for joining. If they decided to forget about original content and pick up the bigger budget stuff that Netflix is now not interested and become the place for hollywood in they might be able to win some minds.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions