Amazon prime video premierleague

Posted 3rd Dec
Can we just talk about how good amazon prime video is for the premier league games! Blown bt and sky away.

Option to turn commentary off is a saviour! And the xray feature with stats, highlights and lineups on a fire tv device is the dogs!

More of this please jeff!
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
Seen it all over Twitter people moaning about getting notifications or seeing the score on Twitter before it happens on the stream. Jesus Christ, turn off your goal apps and/or get off Twitter.

It was excellent for me, had both games open in Chrome on the PC and neither dropped a beat. Very impressed with it!
43 Comments
+1
Was shocking imo.
Picture kept on going blurry.
Completely agree. It's been fantastic!
The delay kills it for me, I get notifications on my phone about a minute before a goal. It’s alright as a bolt on to prime but it’s got nothing on Sky coverage on the Q box.

much better than their tennis effort though

You can get all the stats on the Bt app already btw if that’s your thing.
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 3rd Dec
Dannyrobbo03/12/2019 21:53

The delay kills it for me, I get notifications on my phone about a minute …The delay kills it for me, I get notifications on my phone about a minute before a goal. It’s alright as a bolt on to prime but it’s got nothing on Sky coverage on the Q box.much better than their tennis effort thoughYou can get all the stats on the Bt app already btw if that’s your thing.

Easy enough to turn your phone notifications off though. I don't think that's a reason to dislike the Prime stream, but can easily be fixed if you wish by simply disabling the phone notifications? Agreed better than their tennis. Better than NOW TV too.
Edited by: "Firefly1" 3rd Dec
chimp14uk03/12/2019 21:49

Was shocking imo.Picture kept on going blurry.

I had this issue when using my Sony TV for straming 4k but as soon as I switch to my BT youview box also 4k it was perfect.
Seen it all over Twitter people moaning about getting notifications or seeing the score on Twitter before it happens on the stream. Jesus Christ, turn off your goal apps and/or get off Twitter.

It was excellent for me, had both games open in Chrome on the PC and neither dropped a beat. Very impressed with it!
chimp14uk03/12/2019 21:49

Was shocking imo.Picture kept on going blurry.

Must be your internet or device, its poor on tv app. Compared to fire stick device.

4k was flawless!
Dannyrobbo03/12/2019 21:53

The delay kills it for me, I get notifications on my phone about a minute …The delay kills it for me, I get notifications on my phone about a minute before a goal. It’s alright as a bolt on to prime but it’s got nothing on Sky coverage on the Q box.much better than their tennis effort thoughYou can get all the stats on the Bt app already btw if that’s your thing.

Thats an app, this is on my tv whilst i watch, highlights also.

Loved it! Bt and sky will be looking over their ahoulder now.
Firefly103/12/2019 21:55

Easy enough to turn your phone notifications off though. I don't think …Easy enough to turn your phone notifications off though. I don't think that's a reason to dislike the Prime stream, but can easily be fixed if you wish by simply disabling the phone notifications? Agreed better than their tennis. Better than NOW TV too.

There’s just little excuse for it to be minutes behind now, the BT streams never seem to be. The quality is pretty good but you just can’t beat an actual broadcast for live sports in my opinion. For people who bet the delay can be a huge issue which is why people will be unhappy.

Though I couldn’t knock the quality on the whole it was better than I expected some colour washouts but that was it.
moneybanks1403/12/2019 22:07

Thats an app, this is on my tv whilst i watch, highlights also.Loved it! …Thats an app, this is on my tv whilst i watch, highlights also.Loved it! Bt and sky will be looking over their ahoulder now.

It is an app on the TV, phone or tablet.
Dannyrobbo03/12/2019 22:10

For people who bet the delay can be a huge issue which is why people will …For people who bet the delay can be a huge issue which is why people will be unhappy.

Surely if you're betting you'd just keep an eye on the score in the betting app. What about games that aren't shown on TV? Do people not bet on them?
It was only ~20 seconds behind for me. The picture quality was brilliant.
Watched on LG TV app. Froze 3 times, didn't load after exiting a couple of times (by accident as discovered no rewind option available on LG remote and was trying other buttons). Will try BT youview box tomorrow - just struggling to decide which match to watch............
Dannyrobbo03/12/2019 22:10

There’s just little excuse for it to be minutes behind now, the BT streams …There’s just little excuse for it to be minutes behind now, the BT streams never seem to be. The quality is pretty good but you just can’t beat an actual broadcast for live sports in my opinion. For people who bet the delay can be a huge issue which is why people will be unhappy.Though I couldn’t knock the quality on the whole it was better than I expected some colour washouts but that was it.

45 seconds is the estimated average time a live sporting event is delayed when streamed over the internet. The BBC seem to think they have a solution, however they've given no details on it.
colinsss03/12/2019 22:48

Watched on LG TV app. Froze 3 times, didn't load after exiting a couple of …Watched on LG TV app. Froze 3 times, didn't load after exiting a couple of times (by accident as discovered no rewind option available on LG remote and was trying other buttons). Will try BT youview box tomorrow - just struggling to decide which match to watch............

Honestly the tv apps are garbage, firestick hands down or roku.
Great start and picture quality excellent on my 2019 nvidia shield pro,only bad point was Man City won,looking forward to the Liverpool vs Everton game now tomorrow night.
Paddy_o_furniture03/12/2019 23:16

45 seconds is the estimated average time a live sporting event is delayed …45 seconds is the estimated average time a live sporting event is delayed when streamed over the internet. The BBC seem to think they have a solution, however they've given no details on it.

I was way more than 45 seconds had no ability to pause, rewind or return to live (which can help with the delay) etc this is all basic stuff.

i mean I have prime anyway so it’s a nice addition but I think many people are viewing this with rose tinted glasses because it’s much better than their ‘kodi box’
Dannyrobbo04/12/2019 06:52

I was way more than 45 seconds had no ability to pause, rewind or return …I was way more than 45 seconds had no ability to pause, rewind or return to live (which can help with the delay) etc this is all basic stuff.i mean I have prime anyway so it’s a nice addition but I think many people are viewing this with rose tinted glasses because it’s much better than their ‘kodi box’

Could pause and rewind on the firestick, watch highlights of goal attempts and return to live.
My stream was buffering like crazy in the Man City game (was perfect for the first half of the Palace game), kept freezing then coming up with an error message. This was played through my Shield TV, connected via Ethernet cable... It definitely wasn’t my internet connection, as was using my broadband with WiFi and had no interruptions.

Maybe I was just unlucky, but I definitely wasn’t impressed. Hopefully tonight is a huge improvement
moneybanks1404/12/2019 07:11

Could pause and rewind on the firestick, watch highlights of goal attempts …Could pause and rewind on the firestick, watch highlights of goal attempts and return to live.

which sounds awesome if you have a fire stick 4K. I had subtitle options and back to menu on their WebOs app on my tv. The Hisense app was considerably worse for picture quality.
I watched it on my pc and it was about the same quality as my £20 iptv i have for the year.

Picture goes blurry every so often and the delay was about a minute on it.

If i stream now tv films i get a perfect picture.
m1keyp1key04/12/2019 08:47

I watched it on my pc and it was about the same quality as my £20 iptv i …I watched it on my pc and it was about the same quality as my £20 iptv i have for the year. Picture goes blurry every so often and the delay was about a minute on it.If i stream now tv films i get a perfect picture.

Watched in 4k and it was the same as my 4k bt sports.. Incredible.
moneybanks1404/12/2019 09:08

Watched in 4k and it was the same as my 4k bt sports.. Incredible.

On a firestick? I'm guessing the streams are optimised for their own equipment.
m1keyp1key04/12/2019 09:23

On a firestick? I'm guessing the streams are optimised for their own …On a firestick? I'm guessing the streams are optimised for their own equipment.

yes on firestick and nvidia shield.
I'll try it on my xbox tonight. Should be getting a firestick for Xmas.
This is probably why Now TV finally brought out the 1080p 'boost' addon. With so many people watching last night in glorious 4K HDR it really highlight just how poor Now TV's 720p streams looked.

Just a shame Sky will never let go of the Premier League as their subscribers would plummet without it. I'd happily pay Amazon £20-30 extra on top of Prime per month to see most matches in that quality.
Was brilliant on my 4k firestick, didn't skip a beat.
Zooicidal04/12/2019 09:46

This is probably why Now TV finally brought out the 1080p 'boost' addon. …This is probably why Now TV finally brought out the 1080p 'boost' addon. With so many people watching last night in glorious 4K HDR it really highlight just how poor Now TV's 720p streams looked.Just a shame Sky will never let go of the Premier League as their subscribers would plummet without it. I'd happily pay Amazon £20-30 extra on top of Prime per month to see most matches in that quality.

Im same, id happily pay £9.99 a month for amazon prime.
m1keyp1key04/12/2019 08:47

I watched it on my pc and it was about the same quality as my £20 iptv i …I watched it on my pc and it was about the same quality as my £20 iptv i have for the year. Picture goes blurry every so often and the delay was about a minute on it.If i stream now tv films i get a perfect picture.

I'd probably say that's because one is live sport and one is not live. So delivering the content from their servers to you is Abit different in technical aspects.

Main reason is tv/movies can be buffered and then streamed, live sport, no such option as its live.
I used the prime channel on my BT youview 4k box last night, played the palace game perfectly (that was being broadcast in HD), tried the city game but that buffered and went off about 3/4 times (that was being broadcast in UHD) Never has issues before with streaming UHD content, checked my speeds and they were decent enough. Anybody else have issues with The BT youview channel version last night? Am I better off installing app onto fire tv and using that instead?
EN1GMA04/12/2019 16:06

I'd probably say that's because one is live sport and one is not live. So …I'd probably say that's because one is live sport and one is not live. So delivering the content from their servers to you is Abit different in technical aspects.Main reason is tv/movies can be buffered and then streamed, live sport, no such option as its live.

But if i'm getting it 30-60 seconds later then they have a buffer.
I watched it on an LG TV through the app and also on my phone, on both the quality was excellent, I was really pleasantly surprised.

Had a laugh with people moaning about notifications, it's the same as watching the last 5 minutes of BBC news before match of the day and moaning you know the results
Watched it on my Samsung TV no issue. I'll try it on the firestick and see how it goes.
How do you get the option to turn off commentary? All I can find is a subtitle option.. ..
malnuman04/12/2019 19:48

How do you get the option to turn off commentary? All I can find is a …How do you get the option to turn off commentary? All I can find is a subtitle option.. ..

Its not a feature on tvs.. I can do it on the firestick
moneybanks1404/12/2019 19:53

Its not a feature on tvs.. I can do it on the firestick

Ohhh, thanks, I was pressing everything on my remote... lol... j can just sit back and enjoy the match now then
How’s the quality for everybody on the Liverpool game? I’m hovering between sub HD to UHD
Uhd
Dannyrobbo04/12/2019 20:21

How’s the quality for everybody on the Liverpool game? I’m hovering bet …How’s the quality for everybody on the Liverpool game? I’m hovering between sub HD to UHD

Uhd on nvidia shield
moneybanks1404/12/2019 20:26

Uhd Uhd on nvidia shield

i started with the United game which was fine this is doing my head in

edit. It went okay again solid UHD from 30 mins
Edited by: "Dannyrobbo" 4th Dec
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants