Amazon refund

Found 23rd May
Hi all. I need advice.
I purchased a monitor on amazon marketplace. I recieved a “its been dispatched” email and then a day later a “youve been given a refund”. And ive checked and the money has been taken from my account. But amazon orders still has it labeled as on the way.

What should i do? As theyve taken the money and refunded in 5-7 days
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Ring amazon?
12 Comments
Ring amazon?
mrty53 s ago

Ring amazon?

Bizarrely!
Original Poster
Obviously, but i mean do i have a leg to stand on in terms of it was purchased cheaper then amazon sell it for. And they had said it was dispatched and taken the money so are they obliged to fulfil the ?contract?
Edited by: "bbqpizza" 23rd May
Most online purchases have the caveat that no contract is formed until the goods have been despatched. If they have physically been despatched then yes you have a point to argue. If they haven't, even though they may have told you they were despatched (they could argue that the confirmation E mail was sent in error) then no you cannot argue any case. Sorry.
Just because the third party seller listed the item as dispatched does not always mean it has been. If they have refunded the item it probably means the seller lied and the item has not been dispatched and possibly never had it in stock. Your contract may be with the market place seller in this case Amazon has no need to offer you the product at the price the market place seller listed
mrty18 m ago

Most online purchases have the caveat that no contract is formed until the …Most online purchases have the caveat that no contract is formed until the goods have been despatched. If they have physically been despatched then yes you have a point to argue. If they haven't, even though they may have told you they were despatched (they could argue that the confirmation E mail was sent in error) then no you cannot argue any case. Sorry.

Actually until the goods have been received. If you haven’t received the goods they can just refund you in full if something has gone wrong, if the price has gone up then you have no grounds to ask them to sell it cheaper, although the retailer can do it as a good will gesture.
They are in the wrong just phone them, the money can be refunded right away. Make sure you call though because the lower level grunts at Amazon generally won’t budge
cmdr_elito1 h, 4 m ago

Actually until the goods have been received. If you haven’t received the g …Actually until the goods have been received. If you haven’t received the goods they can just refund you in full if something has gone wrong, if the price has gone up then you have no grounds to ask them to sell it cheaper, although the retailer can do it as a good will gesture.

Yes, though in reality if it goes through a third party carrier once despatched it applies (I don't include Yodel in this ) and if it is their own carrier and they recall it before delivery you wouldn't know. Though most online retailers do say 'until despatched no contact had been firmed (or words to that effect).
Dannyrobbo2 h, 27 m ago

They are in the wrong just phone them, the money can be refunded right …They are in the wrong just phone them, the money can be refunded right away. Make sure you call though because the lower level grunts at Amazon generally won’t budge

OP has already been refunded.
Edited by: "RossD89" 23rd May
Get that all the time with Amazon. Only the other day paid 50p then got a refund even though dispatched. Not long after got charged again. I find it happens when more with my PayPal debit card.
Edited by: "caverncity" 23rd May
The seller will mark as dispatched and then cancel and refund; this way it doesn't affect their account status as they have fulfilled the order, whereas refunding immediately has a negative effect as the seller is taking orders they're unable to fulfill.
Asura9 m ago

The seller will mark as dispatched and then cancel and refund; this way it …The seller will mark as dispatched and then cancel and refund; this way it doesn't affect their account status as they have fulfilled the order, whereas refunding immediately has a negative effect as the seller is taking orders they're unable to fulfill.

Is it the same on Ebay? I waiting 2 weeks over my delivery date but got a dispatch notice on Monday, hasn't arrived yet but I'll give it to Monday. The item is still for sale on Ebay btw (it's a bulk seller, not a private individual)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants