Amazon Refund

Posted 24th Jul
Hi all,

Looking for some help. I recently purchased my daughter a hoodie from Amazon. When it arrived, it was too small and she wasn’t keen on the style anyway. I clicked through my account and ‘returned’ the item and received the following message:
3511858-dPNBx.jpg

Is this correct? I don’t need to return the item and I still get a refund?

Anybody aware of this happening before? Thanks in advance!
Community Updates
Ask
19 Comments
Yeah that's correct, do it too much and you won't get the option again
Yeah i've had this happen a couple of times.
Had that multiple times with sub-£20 items; occasionally with higher value items; once with an incorrectly-supplied but fully-functional £80 item.
Yep I had that yesterday.

Putting the item on eBay later today
Thanks all. Weird. Feel like I’m stealing.
I had that today too. First time it’s happened.
i have only had this for a small priced item that came damaged. not had it for a re-saleable item. maybe covid 19 so it doesn't make sense for them to pay the return postage.
Curlyman8324/07/2020 13:53

Thanks all. Weird. Feel like I’m stealing.

Me too. I‘m happy to return it but I guess they think it’s not worth the expense and hassle.

Edit: mine was clothing £11-ish
Edited by: "sicklysweet" 24th Jul
Yeah had it with a video camera ages ago, cost well over £100 then.
When the second sink arrived smashed just like the first they told me to bin it and refunded me the £160
I had took a video of me unpacking it but they didn’t want any proof
deals6924/07/2020 13:37

Yeah that's correct, do it too much and you won't get the option again

Do it too much and you won't have an Amazon account.
Haircut_10024/07/2020 16:23

So this is something that I’ve actively done? I honestly didn’t see another option for the return of the item.
Haircut_10024/07/2020 16:23

You'll only get the option of returning after a few attempts
Curlyman8324/07/2020 16:24

So this is something that I’ve actively done? I honestly didn’t see ano …So this is something that I’ve actively done? I honestly didn’t see another option for the return of the item.

No don't worry, you haven't done anything. But people that are frequent serial returners have been known to have their Amazon accounts closed.
I've had this on CPU paste £5-ish costs them more for you to return it
I had a duplicate order sent in error and was told to keep the item. I dropped it off at a charity shop for them to sell.
On the other hand... I did a warranty claim on a £5 32Gb Sandisk microSD card recently.

It was bought from Amazon, less than a year old, but out of Amazon returns window, so I went to Western Digital.

They sent a UPS courier to pick it up to return to somewhere in Europe.. .
They then checked it and sent a replacement 32Gb card back to me from Europe. That delivery had a 27.00 courier charge on the package.

Insane. Probably cost them £40-50 in courier fees to sort out a £5 card.
Edited by: "deaglecat" 25th Jul
Likewise, I bought an ironing board new from Amazon that arrived, scratched, dirty and in a terrible state.

I started the returns process and was told they’d pick it up 3 times and each time no one turned up. Only after I was onto customer services for around an hour did I/they find out that it was due to the size of the parcel and they just hadn’t bothered.

I had to go through approx another 15 people at customer service over around 8 hours in total, only to be told they couldn’t pick it up due to ‘Covid-19’, but I also wouldn’t be getting a refund until it was returned.

In the end I had to pay £70 ( which they would refund) to return a broken ironing board, which only cost £50 in the first place. This as well as Amazon insisting it was packaged in bubble wrap etc. to protect it - far more than it had arrived in).

I’ve returned very few things previously, but will be refraining from using them for future purchases.

Good customer service until you actually need it.
Edited by: "Murgatr0yd" 25th Jul
bullhorn25/07/2020 11:20

I had a duplicate order sent in error and was told to keep the item. I …I had a duplicate order sent in error and was told to keep the item. I dropped it off at a charity shop for them to sell.

This is quite common. Their system can’t deal with duplicate items or items you didn’t order. We ended up with a Sony camera meant for someone in France but for some reason my label was printed twice and ended up on the camera as well as my actual item. Amazon said to keep the £500 (at the time) camera. This has happened with MacBooks etc looking at online forums, but mainly in the U.S. Crazy system.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants