Amazon refund if you ever bought Y-Cam IP camera

Found 4th Dec 2017
If you have ever bought a Y-Cam IP camera you are probably aware that the company have gone back on their promise to give free cloud storage for life. I heard on another site that someone has had a refund from Amazon for the 4 cameras they bought (3 or 4 years ago) so I contacted Amazon and asked for a refund. Amazon have only offered me a partial refund of £30 for my camera which is better than nothing but if you have ever bought one, try and get some money back off Amazon. It may learn Y-Cam a lesson.

Obvs I know this is not a deal but may put cash in users pockets. Call it a very late Cashback offer
Community Updates
8 Comments
Aww mine broke but it’s not a Y-Cam it’s just a IP cam.... amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1
Love2shop251 h, 37 m ago

Aww mine broke but it’s not a Y-Cam it’s just a IP cam.... htt …Aww mine broke but it’s not a Y-Cam it’s just a IP cam.... https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01JUB8CR2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

from the reviews thats no major loss.
get yourself something decent and it will last
I got a full refund, mine was a couple of days over 2 years old. It seems plenty of people have had full refunds while they have tried to tell others to contact Y-cam. I suspect if you push them on it a full refund will be on the cards for most.
KendallC4 h, 28 m ago

I got a full refund, mine was a couple of days over 2 years old. It seems …I got a full refund, mine was a couple of days over 2 years old. It seems plenty of people have had full refunds while they have tried to tell others to contact Y-cam. I suspect if you push them on it a full refund will be on the cards for most.

Out of curiosity what did you say to cs. To get refund, did you have to return the camera.
Edited by: "zerowing" 4th Dec 2017
zerowing40 m ago

Out of curiosity what did you say to cs. To get refund, did you have to …Out of curiosity what did you say to cs. To get refund, did you have to return the camera.

Well in my case, I checked my order history and the headline on the order read something like ' Y-Cam blah blah blah (No Monthly Fee)'. I simply said I purchased based on Amazons description of the product, which was inaccurate due to the new monthly fee and as such I would like to return it for a full refund. It was literally a couple of sentences as I was expecting some ongoing emailing until I got the right response but to my surprise, they replied within a few hours with a returns label and said a full refund would be issued, no questions asked. A few hours after dropping it at the parcel drop shop on Sat afternoon I got another email confirming refund for the full amount.
Good notice, it is too much money that they are asking for £2.99 per month per camera with a deadline. It is far too expensive when compared with Apple Cloud storage. For 2 or 3 or more cameras, the monthly payments add up significantly.
Original Poster
It has taken a while but after a couple,of weeks Amazon has finally agreed to fully refund me.

Happy days
Same here, Amazon fully refunded the three Y-Cams I bought at various points in 2016 and 2017.

I've bought some Arlo Pro cams and are very happy with them.

I notice they are no longer on sale at Amazon ...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions