Amazon refunding wrong amount.

Found 15th Dec 2017
This may not be applicable to anyone else but felt I should make others aware just in case.

I’ve tried to return three things to Amazon in the last week (please note all items offered free returns). On each occasion, the refund amount differed to what I paid, (i.e £4.99 from one item, £1.50 from another and £3 from the other). On contacting Amazon I’ve been given different ‘excuses’ such as return fee, computer glitch and restocking fee.

Although these ‘fees’ have been waived since bringing it to their attention, please be aware when returning goods to Amazon as I would usually just assume I am receiving the full amount as per the majority of other retailers.
Community Updates
Misc
19 Comments
I noticed the other week on the returns page it now states if the item is deemed not to be in a resellable condition as in "new" they may deduct a percentage. The items you sent back I assume they are as new, no rips in the packaging etc.
(I have just looked on amazon and i cant find that bit now)
caverncity6 m ago

I noticed the other week on the returns page it now states if the item is …I noticed the other week on the returns page it now states if the item is deemed not to be in a resellable condition as in "new" they may deduct a percentage. The items you sent back I assume they are as new, no rips in the packaging etc. (I have just looked on amazon and i cant find that bit now)

This was even before physically returning them. Just on arranging the return.
I always calculate the refund amount with them over the phone as they do often refund the wrong amount.
SuzanWilliam-0e558.692988 m ago

I always calculate the refund amount with them over the phone as they do …I always calculate the refund amount with them over the phone as they do often refund the wrong amount.

Yes, I’m starting to wonder if I’ve been refunded wrongly in the past!
shanewootton8324 m ago

Yes, I’m starting to wonder if I’ve been refunded wrongly in the past!

I would suggest to go back and check, that is how I first noticed the issue. They still will refund you if you spot a mistake.
I have a similar order of £150 or so of goods. One item was returned for refund but the refunded amount was less by about 40p due to some unknown pro-rata of postage or promotional discount or whatnot, so I asked why by email and got balance refunded straight away.
splender50 m ago

I have a similar order of £150 or so of goods. One item was returned for …I have a similar order of £150 or so of goods. One item was returned for refund but the refunded amount was less by about 40p due to some unknown pro-rata of postage or promotional discount or whatnot, so I asked why by email and got balance refunded straight away.

That's right, if you use a promo code they spread this across all of the items and discount each line item rather than just deducting it from a total amount.
plebbygiraffe32 m ago

That's right, if you use a promo code they spread this across all of the …That's right, if you use a promo code they spread this across all of the items and discount each line item rather than just deducting it from a total amount.

This isn’t the case with my purchases as no discount was applied and as I have Prime, I do not pay postage.
3 items in one week? not returned 3 items in 10 yr...
I've bought way too many things from amazon, which has lead to a number of returns just due to probability I think, I think all or most were due to items not being as described in the details though for example, I bought a plug for a keyboard (musical) as was described in the product page, it had the wrong socket. another time bought a monitor stand to arrange 2 monitors I had in a vertical stack i.e. one on top of the other, as the product image showed two displayed in that fashion, in practice the stand have a vertical 5 inched where the two monitors overlapped due to it being two small to accommodate monitors 24" or higher in this fashion despite the description saying it could.

checking my bank account each time to make sure I get the right refunds though I don't think I have been short changed as of yet though it may be due to the reasons for returning items, and I think I have been fortunate enough to not have any random errors.
Snakeyes6462 h, 19 m ago

3 items in one week? not returned 3 items in 10 yr...

Thats great for you! Shopping online can be hit and miss and maybe I am a little more discerning when shopping and don’t accept sub standard products!
Return to many and there'll ban ya .

Game over.
shanewootton8315 m ago

Thats great for you! Shopping online can be hit and miss and maybe I am a …Thats great for you! Shopping online can be hit and miss and maybe I am a little more discerning when shopping and don’t accept sub standard products!

Or maybe you just enjoy sending items back? haha
Snakeyes6463 m ago

Or maybe you just enjoy sending items back? haha

Or maybe you just like making inane comments on people’s posts!
Maybe somebody has too much spare time on their hands, I've never returned anything to Amazon
Are you sure there's no promotional element? The last thing I returned was down £6, because I part paid with credits I earnt from topping up via Paypoint etc.
I think a number of the posts above show that I am not alone in returning things to Amazon. I made this post in order to make those who do return to Amazon aware of the issues I have been having, not for people to mock that I have had to return items. And I could say that maybe you have too much time on your hands to read and comment on a post that has no relevance to you!
Were they third party sellers or amazon themselves?
I ordered a book for a Christmas present it cost £5.75 and got ordered say on a Monday so expected delivery was Tuesday as per the email received, Tuesday came and went and I got on chat with them to see what happened to find they had delivered through the door on Tuesday, yeah not mine.

Contacted neighbours each side and got back to them again on chat, nothing delivered there, so they gave me a month free Prime and refunded the price of the book to my card and sent a replacement free of charge.

Right what this all boils down to is 3 weeks later I receive my credit card bill and no refund on it, so back on chat again, (always use chat that way you have a record of exactly what’s said), ‘where’s my £5.75 refund please’ snotty biatch, ‘Not Amazon policy to do that Mr wallzone’, ‘read the chat message from 23/11/2017 at 4.28 pm, the line at 4.35pm then get back to me please’.

This is what it said, ‘As you have been facing this from a while, I will go ahead and issue full refund on the order for you and I will also make sure this gets item gets delivered to you at the earliest by tomorrow. The money will go back on your card today for you Mr wallzone’.

She wasn’t happy when she came back after reading that line, and said, ‘The Amazon agent shouldn’t have said that to you as it’s not company policy, but as a one off we will honour it for you’.

So it pays to use chat because they will try to screw you over given the chance and using chat is using one of their tools in your favour.

wallzone.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants