Amazon return query ?

Posted 19th Dec 2019
Hi All , so i bought an item from amazon warehouse and there was a game missing ,could have bought it at argos for a bit more new and with game anyway i contacted cs chat and after a few mins chat they said this
"Thank you for your patience I checked the order and as I've worked on your inquiry, I feel it is important and hence have passed your issue to our investigation team to improve and such as this will be taken care on priority basis to minimise the chances of anything like this occurring again.I sent the format of affidavit to your registered e-mail address Please take a print out of the format and fill all the details and sign the affidavit and send the scanned copy or an image to cs-reply@amazon.co.uk Once the affidavit is verified, we will help you with the best possible resolution."

and this is the email affidavit

Hello,

We’re sorry to hear that you haven’t [received your item OR have received an incorrect item/version] from order #xxxxxxxxxx.

For us to be able to process a refund or replacement item for you we request that you print, complete and sign the following confirmation:

“I am (please insert full name) ___________________________ and I reside at the following address:______________________________________________________

My email address is:___________________________________________________

On _________[date] I placed an order on Amazon.co.uk for the following item(s):____________________________________________________________________

As part of this purchase, I requested that the order be delivered to the following address:___________________________________________________________________________ The Amazon order number for this order was __________________________________________.

[OPTION 1: I received confirmation from Amazon on ______________[date] that this order had been delivered. However, to the best of my knowledge and belief the item(s) ordered were not delivered to the address I specified in the order and noted above, and I have been unable to locate them. I have / have not [please delete as applicable] received a delivery card at my address informing me that the item has been left with a neighbour or in a safe place.]

[OPTION 2: This order was delivered to me on ____________ [date]. However, when I checked the items that had been delivered, I discovered that they were not what I had ordered. What I received instead of the item(s) I ordered were______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.]

[OPTION 3: This order was delivered to me on ____________ [date]. However, what I received instead of the item(s) I ordered was an empty box.]

[DELETE IF APPLICABLE] I hereby confirm that on _________________ [date] I have returned those items which I received in error to Amazon.co.uk at the address requested.]

Declaration of truth: I hereby acknowledge and confirm that this statement (consisting of one page signed by me) is true to the best of my knowledge and belief and I make it knowing that it may be submitted in evidence, where the contents will be referred to, and I may be liable to prosecution if I have wilfully stated in it anything which I know to be false or do not believe to be true. “

Signature:________________________________

Date:________________________

This can be sent as a PDF, JPG or PNG file of the affidavit to the following email address: uk-deliveryinvestigation@amazon.co.uk

Thank you for your understanding.

Warmest regards,

xxxxxxxxx Amazon.co.uk

Your feedback is helping us build Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company.

Has anyone had this before only thing I am worried about is last week I ordered a controller from the warehouse and it said delivered but it was not and I complained and got my money back.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

24 Comments
It’s a numbers games with Amazon, they basically allow a set amount/value of returns before they decide enough is enough. At which point they choose whether to block/ban you as a customer.
I've had this email recently sent controller back with proof and never got refunded so had to fill this out and send it via email. also had the email for high returns which I knew was coming as I had to send many items that my mother purchased who is sadly no longer with me and my family but it was alot in one go so knew the dreaded email was due I won't be returning anything for a good long while now as I don't want to lose my Amazon account as prime is something not to be taken for granted
Rune_2H19/12/2019 11:16

Comment deleted

I know, and since then I've ordered 7 different items and haven't had any issues so hopefully everything is fine from here on out
Justsuperman19/12/2019 11:26

I know, and since then I've ordered 7 different items and haven't had any …I know, and since then I've ordered 7 different items and haven't had any issues so hopefully everything is fine from here on out

make sure you dont have any gift card balance too!
Thanks guys , looks like i wont return anything for a while as I value my account ...
I've sent loads of things back, and I've recently had loads of things that have come either broken, damaged, missing something or just the wrong item. I returned/got refunds for 5-10 items with no issues. I also buy quite a fair amount but mostly buy only when on offer, so doubt the really make much profit from me and I've never had an email telling me about too many returns, and while I've heard of this, I always thought it was more of a Myth. Any recent sources to back up that Amazon are closing accounts in the UK?
dont get why people are worried about a ban from amazon, if you have took the mickey and get banned you deserve it, if they ban you for no reason plenty of other places to spend your money...
jambone19/12/2019 13:59

I've sent loads of things back, and I've recently had loads of things that …I've sent loads of things back, and I've recently had loads of things that have come either broken, damaged, missing something or just the wrong item. I returned/got refunds for 5-10 items with no issues. I also buy quite a fair amount but mostly buy only when on offer, so doubt the really make much profit from me and I've never had an email telling me about too many returns, and while I've heard of this, I always thought it was more of a Myth. Any recent sources to back up that Amazon are closing accounts in the UK?

Loads of threads on hukd over the last few months
Bargainhead19/12/2019 15:32

dont get why people are worried about a ban from amazon, if you have took …dont get why people are worried about a ban from amazon, if you have took the mickey and get banned you deserve it, if they ban you for no reason plenty of other places to spend your money...

Nowhere that sells the range they do with the same speed/price delivery. For those that rely on internet shopping due to where they live, Amazon is very very useful.
bluep19/12/2019 17:07

Nowhere that sells the range they do with the same speed/price delivery. …Nowhere that sells the range they do with the same speed/price delivery. For those that rely on internet shopping due to where they live, Amazon is very very useful.

All it means is you have to shop in a couple of sites instead of one, if amazon deliver there others will..
Bargainhead19/12/2019 17:29

All it means is you have to shop in a couple of sites instead of one, if …All it means is you have to shop in a couple of sites instead of one, if amazon deliver there others will..

At a greatly increased cost if you live in N.Ireland. Try getting a computer chair delivered to here.
cecilmcroberts19/12/2019 18:28

At a greatly increased cost if you live in N.Ireland. Try getting a …At a greatly increased cost if you live in N.Ireland. Try getting a computer chair delivered to here.

Order it from Ireland, they sell chairs..
Bargainhead19/12/2019 18:33

Order it from Ireland, they sell chairs..

Off course they do, still look at the shipping costs though.
Bargainhead19/12/2019 17:29

All it means is you have to shop in a couple of sites instead of one, if …All it means is you have to shop in a couple of sites instead of one, if amazon deliver there others will..

Nope, there’s stuff I’ve found on amazon that isn’t sold in the U.K. usually - I would have to order from abroad at great cost. And other sites are anything from £4-6 for next day/2 day delivery.
bluep19/12/2019 21:26

Nope, there’s stuff I’ve found on amazon that isn’t sold in the U.K. usual …Nope, there’s stuff I’ve found on amazon that isn’t sold in the U.K. usually - I would have to order from abroad at great cost. And other sites are anything from £4-6 for next day/2 day delivery.

But the way people are talking it as if you will do anything not to lose a shopping account lol. I’d rather pay the extra than be held to ransom... but I can see why amazon ban if people keep taking the mickey..
chocci19/12/2019 15:42

Loads of threads on hukd over the last few months

Not been looking out I guess
They suspect you are scamming them, the letter is to scare you and make you think again. It has no legal relevance but it obviously has the desired effect.
chocci19/12/2019 11:37

make sure you dont have any gift card balance too!

You get a cheque back for the gift card balance when they close accounts.
Azwipe20/12/2019 00:54

They suspect you are scamming them, the letter is to scare you and make …They suspect you are scamming them, the letter is to scare you and make you think again. It has no legal relevance but it obviously has the desired effect.

39444803-Shxiw.jpg

The OP was by his own admission fully aware that the disk maybe missing ^^^^^^

hotukdeals.com/dea…842
ThomasJohnston20/12/2019 01:13

[Image] The OP was by his own admission fully aware that the disk maybe …[Image] The OP was by his own admission fully aware that the disk maybe missing ^^^^^^https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/fifa-20-500gb-ps4-bundle-with-second-dualshock-4-controller-used-at-amazon-wrehouse-3366842#comment-39433913

Good spot. If this post is referring to that PS4 bundle then it's absolutely ridiculous that op is complaining.
Shevchenko20/12/2019 15:44

Good spot. If this post is referring to that PS4 bundle then it's …Good spot. If this post is referring to that PS4 bundle then it's absolutely ridiculous that op is complaining.

Well he uses the reasoning of "could have bought it at argos for a bit more new and with game" in both posts.
ThomasJohnston20/12/2019 15:54

Well he uses the reasoning of "could have bought it at argos for a bit …Well he uses the reasoning of "could have bought it at argos for a bit more new and with game" in both posts.

Funny he didn't use that reason when complaining to Amazon though! I wonder why?
I've had to return a fair few things.. but there's always a spike during black friday week as there's 20,% off warehouse deals and despite items saying 'as new'- they most definately have not been. God knows who checks this stuff before it goes back on the shelf again.. Just my tuppence worth. Still love Amazon though
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions