Found 23rd Aug 2008
For the first time ever, I have to return an item to Amazon.

I phoned them up yesterday and they e-mailed me a return label.

Can I take this to a post office today (will I be charged postage if I do?) or do I have to arrange a collection from DHL?

5 Comments

Banned

take to the PO but pay a little extra for recorded in case it gets lost (70p).

Original Poster

csiman;2806283

take to the PO but pay a little extra for recorded in case it gets lost … take to the PO but pay a little extra for recorded in case it gets lost (70p).

I'm returning Guitar Hero 3, which was delivered to me in error, so it'll be a lot more than 70p.

I've had to do this before and i think you may find the Post Office doesn't recognise the FreePost return label (i tried Post 3 different Offices) and they all said the same.So i paid for the postage and also sent it recorded delivery and Amazon as soon as they got the returned item sent me the cost for returning it, no problems at all.

Amazon refund all postage charges back to you.

I sent a parcel back for the 1st time yesterday , organised online, wasn't simple but managed it in the end. Amazon sent me a link to DHL so filled out the form online and they will be collecting it from my workplace next Wednesday, beats queuing at PO and parcel was quite bulky although not heavy.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Windows 7 reactivation12
    2. Gas Cooker Hose Required1012
    3. School laptop recommendation22
    4. Tomtop Xiaomi Mi A1 deal removed434

See more discussions