Amazon returns over 6 months old

Posted 2nd Sep 2018
We bought an alarm clock (£15) from amazon that has a fault which is now nine months old. Can't return to amazon as we only had 30 days to return it. So we have to return it to manufacturer I guess or bin it... Correct? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
If only you could turn back time
28 Comments
Speak to amazon on chat, they’ll sort you out.
Warranty is with the reatailer
I returned some LED lights 7 months after purchase. Because they were no longer available I was offered a full refund once I returned the lights with a pre paid label.

You will need to contact customer services I did mine via email got sorted in 24 hours.
Amazon online chat earlier got me nowhere. They just said sorry out of return period. Can't find any information online either what to do. I'll look at origon scientific website later as it's their product.
Edited by: "wayners" 2nd Sep 2018
It must vary between each customer service rep, the Mrs returned a blender 11 months later as it stopped working, full refund no questions asked.
If only you could turn back time
deleted1410297
idk if it’s just exemplar CS, but I’ve always took anything from amazon to come with 12 months warranty. Heck theyve sorted m e out months after 12 months.
wayners37 m ago

Amazon online chat earlier got me nowhere. They just said sorry out of …Amazon online chat earlier got me nowhere. They just said sorry out of return period. Can't find any information online either what to do. I'll look at origon scientific website later as it's their product.

This is the second time amazon have said this in recent weeks, starting to say the manufacturers guarantee is different to the retailers under the consumers rights act. Looking like you need to go to the manufacturer with them as they won’t help. Try sending them an email first before going to manufacturer.

which.co.uk/con…BwE

Can I use a guarantee or warranty?Many products, such as electrical goods, are offered with a manufacturer's guarantee or sold with a manufacturer's warranty that often lasts for one year.

Guarantees and warranties are a contract between you and the manufacturer, and the manufacturer must do whatever it says it will do in them.

Usually this will be to repair or replace a faulty item. Retailers will sometimes contact the manufacturer on your behalf, but they are not obliged to do so.

However, you still have rights under the Consumer Rights Act or Sale of Goods Act, even if your manufacturer's warranty or guarantee has expired, and retailers can't ignore this.

It will depend on the product and the fault, but you could be legally entitled to a free repair or, in some cases, a replacement by the retailer for some time after the manufacturer's guarantee has expired.
Edited by: "eslick" 2nd Sep 2018
Just registered the clock online and Mrs is going to phone tomorrow when they open. We will see if they will swap it. Looking online the fault we have is a common one as reading folks reviews. My 3 month old angle grinder died today as well. First time I've used it in anger and 5mins in to job it died. Yes I've checked the obvious just incase you think I iz a dummy... Lol... Toolstation tomorrow I guess to see what they say. Thanks for help though
Edited by: "wayners" 2nd Sep 2018
Probably most succint summary:
Fault rectification is the responsibility of the seller, where Amazon itself will be responsible for any item it directly sells ("sold by Amazon") or fulfills (sold by xyz and fulfilled by Amazon"). If sold by a marketplace seller with no Amazon fulfillment, the responsibility is with that marketplace seller.
Have you actually spoke to Amazon mate? I purchased an EVO 850 SSD off their warehouse which packed in on me after 14 months. The warranty on warehouse products with Amazon is either 1, or 3 months, I'm not sure which. But I sent them a quick 'test my luck' message via their online chat and within minutes they'd refunded me the cost with no issues.

It might be worth trying, regardless of the situation

Edit: Apologies, I've just seen that you have indeed spoken to Amazon. I find that it's dependant on who you speak to. I'd probably have another go, or two
Edited by: "BuzzDuraband" 2nd Sep 2018
There is a possibility Amazon (or buyer?) is confused by a defect claim being interpreted as a return.
Anything under a year, just give them a call
Have you had many returns before with Amazon or Pre Order cancellations ( to bypass the £20 limit).
I'm pretty sure keep a score based on the above and they are less helpful if you have high returns.

I had my first ever returns a year ago. A computer case, CPU, memory, motherboard and
they accepted and refunded in full even before they received the products back.
Is it an electrical alarm clock??

At least a12 month warrenty
shabbird6 m ago

Have you had many returns before with Amazon or Pre Order cancellations ( …Have you had many returns before with Amazon or Pre Order cancellations ( to bypass the £20 limit). I'm pretty sure keep a score based on the above and they are less helpful if you have high returns. I had my first ever returns a year ago. A computer case, CPU, memory, motherboard and they accepted and refunded in full even before they received the products back.

I return tons but also buy tons. Most of my shopping on there. I do so for that reason they’ve never let me down with returning things or replacing... so long that is that the item is fulfilled by amazon not a private seller
wayners1 h, 41 m ago

Amazon online chat earlier got me nowhere. They just said sorry out of …Amazon online chat earlier got me nowhere. They just said sorry out of return period. Can't find any information online either what to do. I'll look at origon scientific website later as it's their product.

Was it sold by amazon or a private seller? Try again it might be like the sky discount hotline. One says one thing another person another.
I returned faulty Canary camera for a full refund after 11 months.
I returned a phone after four months,got refunded,bought another phone.
Give Amazon a call and they'll sort out a return within minutes. Saves time faffing around with live chat the other side of the world
Returns are always confusing after the return period. You are either eligible and either illegible
1 month returns are just for any reason
It's got 12month warranty if it develops a fault

Speak to CS
Deleted_02/09/2018 20:18

Is it an electrical alarm clock?? At least a12 month warrenty

2 year warranty says on box. Mrs is sorting today.
wayners4 m ago

2 year warranty says on box. Mrs is sorting today.

Thats with the manufacturer not amazon
Update.. Manufacturer said the first 12 months then return to seller (amazon) Amazon said only 30 returns so contact manufacturer... Crazy.. In the end after 25 min phone call to amazon they issued a return label.. It's a mad world.
wayners07/09/2018 14:36

Update.. Manufacturer said the first 12 months then return to seller …Update.. Manufacturer said the first 12 months then return to seller (amazon) Amazon said only 30 returns so contact manufacturer... Crazy.. In the end after 25 min phone call to amazon they issued a return label.. It's a mad world.

Did you buy it from Amazon Warehouse?
Oneday776 m ago

Did you buy it from Amazon Warehouse?

I'm not sure as partners account but did come next day prime so I'll guess yes
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants