Amazon Returns Postage (Wii)

Can anyone tell me how much amazon charge for postage on returns.

I'm thinking of returning a Wii bought last week as there's now some better deals around but have no idea how much they'll deduct from my refund for the courier charges.

8 Comments

I'm guessing if you want to return it, you;ll have to pay the courier yourself. Amazon will only pay out for return P&P if it's faulty or damaged. Not just because you've found it cheaper elsewhere. Plus is you've opened it / played with it, they probably won't accept it back unless it's faulty.

am gonna be in same boat, i ordered a hard drive from them, but changed my mind within an hour of paying for it, yet couldnt cancel as it was "dispatching soon". It was dispatching soon for a day before being dispatched! It hasnt been delivered yet, but postie wont take things back. (so am hoping its too big for letterbox and send it back if i dont collect)

Original Poster

Penny Saver

I'm guessing if you want to return it, you;ll have to pay the courier … I'm guessing if you want to return it, you;ll have to pay the courier yourself. Amazon will only pay out for return P&P if it's faulty or damaged. Not just because you've found it cheaper elsewhere. Plus is you've opened it / played with it, they probably won't accept it back unless it's faulty.

I've no problem with paying, I just want an idea of how much before I decide whether to send it.

I did phone amazon but they couldn't help - I have the option of sending it myself from the post office or using their courier (DHL) service. The latter option is obviously easier and may be cheaper (they must have a corporate rate with DHL) but no good if I can't even get a clue as to the price!

splatsplatsplat

am gonna be in same boat, i ordered a hard drive from them, but changed … am gonna be in same boat, i ordered a hard drive from them, but changed my mind within an hour of paying for it, yet couldnt cancel as it was "dispatching soon". It was dispatching soon for a day before being dispatched! It hasnt been delivered yet, but postie wont take things back. (so am hoping its too big for letterbox and send it back if i dont collect)

just refuse delivery

If you just want an iea of the price then pack it up, weigh it and measure it. Royal Mail have a calculator on their webby, so do ParcelForce I think. Not the cheapest, but you'll have an idea.

Original Poster

OK - so I went through the return steps on Amazon (would have done it before but was worried it'd be a one way process!)...

...it estimated the postage deduction if I use their label as £1.69(!!)...think I can live with that!

barnabycat

OK - so I went through the return steps on Amazon (would have done it … OK - so I went through the return steps on Amazon (would have done it before but was worried it'd be a one way process!)... ...it estimated the postage deduction if I use their label as £1.69(!!)...think I can live with that!

blimey, my 2.5" hard drive was gonna cost £2.75 using amazons site!

Banned

Best way is parcels to go. Type it in google or dhl carve me £4.95 to send parcels I do send 200ish a week tho
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
    2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
    3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
    4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions