Amazon returns query

LocalFound 11th JanEdited by:"Maxash1986"
I requested a refund from amazon for a board game my son received at christmas and the refund was issued but because the game was under £10 they said the item didnt need to be returned.

Works with most refund requests under £10 sold directly by amazon not a third party.

Did some digging and this is common practice as it costs amazon more to deal with smaller value iyems so they just dont bother.

2875253.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Be sure to do this and ruin it for legitimate customers. /s

Dont exploit their generosity
Also note people are well aware of this, and Amazon have banned accounts because of their exploitation
Edited by: "----" 11th Jan
Maxash198612 m ago

Again i dont see how they can have a limit on hiw many refunds you can …Again i dont see how they can have a limit on hiw many refunds you can have. If the items you order are no good then you have the right to send them back if they choose not to take the items back how am i at fault?

They have the right to decide who they choose to do business with. You aren’t entitled to shop with whoever you want. If you do too many refunds, they will ban you from shopping with them. That is their own right and it has happened to many people.

Nobody is saying you’re at fault in this one instance, but your post and comments definitely seem to be trying to encourage others to do the same en masse. Your title is even “Amazon free items”.
Maxash198628 m ago

Nowhere did i say its a deal ot an offer im merely pointing out amazons …Nowhere did i say its a deal ot an offer im merely pointing out amazons processes on items under £10 you want to return.

You more or less did.

'Works with most refund requests under £10 sold directly by amazon not a third party'

You just left two words out - 'This scam'.
I'm easily led,ordered a board game. Cheers.
34 Comments
what was the reason for the return though?that does affect things
Felicitous1 m ago

what was the reason for the return though?that does affect things

The option used was no longer needed.
Be sure to do this and ruin it for legitimate customers. /s

Dont exploit their generosity
Also note people are well aware of this, and Amazon have banned accounts because of their exploitation
Edited by: "----" 11th Jan
I messed up a subscribe and save last year for 5 packs of fairy dishwasher tabs.
The sent the 5 for the offer and the next 5 packs ie the six month later packs on the same day in the same box.
I called and asked to return them.
They said have them and we will refund £45.00 ish.
When they mess up they sort it out in your favor.
----10 m ago

Be sure to do this and ruin it for legitimate customers. /sDont exploit …Be sure to do this and ruin it for legitimate customers. /sDont exploit their generosityAlso note people are well aware of this, and Amazon have banned accounts because of their exploitation

Dont see how amazon can ban your account as legally you have a right to request a refund on products purchased. If amazon gives you a refund and tells you not to return the produt then thats on them.

They would have to prove that i have no intention of returning the products which tbey cant as given me green light not to.

If i buy 100 items for £5 and request regunds on all of them then amazon have to honour that request how they do that is up to them. They cant just ban your account on suspivions of trying to rip them off.
bigwheels1 m ago

I messed up a subscribe and save last year for 5 packs of fairy dishwasher …I messed up a subscribe and save last year for 5 packs of fairy dishwasher tabs.The sent the 5 for the offer and the next 5 packs ie the six month later packs on the same day in the same box.I called and asked to return them.They said have them and we will refund £45.00 ish.When they mess up they sort it out in your favor.

They are good at fixing mistakes like offering free prime
As mentioned above. Don't keep doing it or you'll get banned.
I'm not sure if they'll blacklist your address too (just guessing).
Yes, you will infact get the refund for your 100 £5 items, however you are then banned for life. This includes your Card, address and IP from ever buying from them again.

Have fun now.
----11 m ago

Yes, you will infact get the refund for your 100 £5 items, however you are …Yes, you will infact get the refund for your 100 £5 items, however you are then banned for life. This includes your Card, address and IP from ever buying from them again.Have fun now.

How can they ban you for legitimately wanting a refund?? If they dont want the item back thats their fault
Biddy29 m ago

They will get you to send them all back, give you your refund and then ban …They will get you to send them all back, give you your refund and then ban you. Google it. They have a limit on how many refunds they will issue before they tell you your custom isn’t welcome anymore.As others have said, don’t take the p1ss with this system. This isn’t an offer or deal, it’s just encouraging people to rip Amazon off.

Again i dont see how they can have a limit on hiw many refunds you can have. If the items you order are no good then you have the right to send them back if they choose not to take the items back how am i at fault?
Biddy214 m ago

They will get you to send them all back, give you your refund and then ban …They will get you to send them all back, give you your refund and then ban you. Google it. They have a limit on how many refunds they will issue before they tell you your custom isn’t welcome anymore.As others have said, don’t take the **** with this system. This isn’t an offer or deal, it’s just encouraging people to rip Amazon off.

Nowhere did i say its a deal ot an offer im merely pointing out amazons processes on items under £10 you want to return.
Edited by moderator: "removed swear word" 11th Jan
Maxash19863 m ago

How can they ban you for legitimately wanting a refund?? If they dont want …How can they ban you for legitimately wanting a refund?? If they dont want the item back thats their fault

If you do 5 items like this then it would probably be fine. If you are doing 5 in quick succession with no other orders it will certainly raise flags. Just dont buy stuff you dont need.
Maxash198631 m ago

They are good at fixing mistakes like offering free prime

Yep so far Ive had 3 months prime extension in 1 week in December last year.
Over the last 42 monthes ive only paid for 24 months.
With missed deliverys i end up with almost a year free, each year.
My house is always occupied 24/7.
Amazon delivery drivers say knocked but no answer.
I offer to send amazon proof ie video from camera.
But just get it wont happen again and have a month free.
Maxash198612 m ago

Again i dont see how they can have a limit on hiw many refunds you can …Again i dont see how they can have a limit on hiw many refunds you can have. If the items you order are no good then you have the right to send them back if they choose not to take the items back how am i at fault?

They have the right to decide who they choose to do business with. You aren’t entitled to shop with whoever you want. If you do too many refunds, they will ban you from shopping with them. That is their own right and it has happened to many people.

Nobody is saying you’re at fault in this one instance, but your post and comments definitely seem to be trying to encourage others to do the same en masse. Your title is even “Amazon free items”.
its done on a item by item basis, and not all, for example ordered some books from them for daughter for school each one was around £5 to £7 after they arrived she was told the school had provided the wrong books. So I went to return them and pay the postage myself, marked it as my mistake and they said keep them. However ordered a Beano for the youngest before Christmas that arrived late total price £3 and they want it returned.
Maxash198614 m ago

How can they ban you for legitimately wanting a refund?? If they dont want …How can they ban you for legitimately wanting a refund?? If they dont want the item back thats their fault

Is it legit when you're clearly willing to take advantage of there generous refund policy?. Abusing the system spoils it for everyone else, A bit like insurance fraud, you might not think you're doing anything wrong but it impacts the costs of everyone else's insurance. They do indeed ban people who request too many refunds, They have the legal right to refuse to sell or they have the right to either accept or decline your offer of purchase etc.. You might think they deserve it or it doesn't matter but it increases there overheads etc.
.MUFC.3 m ago

Is it legit when you're clearly willing to take advantage of there …Is it legit when you're clearly willing to take advantage of there generous refund policy?. Abusing the system spoils it for everyone else, A bit like insurance fraud, you might not think you're doing anything wrong but it impacts the costs of everyone else's insurance. They do indeed ban people who request too many refunds, They have the legal right to refuse to sell or they have the right to either accept or decline your offer of purchase etc.. You might think they deserve it or it doesn't matter but it increases there overheads etc.

Ticking the option item not needed then stating duplicate christmas present in the notes how is that taking advantage of their refund policy. I would have sent it back but they chose to say keep it.
Biddy25 m ago

They have the right to decide who they choose to do business with. You …They have the right to decide who they choose to do business with. You aren’t entitled to shop with whoever you want. If you do too many refunds, they will ban you from shopping with them. That is their own right and it has happened to many people. Nobody is saying you’re at fault in this one instance, but your post and comments definitely seem to be trying to encourage others to do the same en masse. Your title is even “Amazon free items”.

Point noted about the title ill changd that
Maxash198612 m ago

Point noted about the title ill changd that

Ok.

Honestly though, they will ban you if you do too many returns. I believe it’s reviewed over a 12 month period. They even include faulty items in the quota. (Which I feel is the most unfair thing about the policy as that isn’t your own fault.)
Maxash198628 m ago

Nowhere did i say its a deal ot an offer im merely pointing out amazons …Nowhere did i say its a deal ot an offer im merely pointing out amazons processes on items under £10 you want to return.

You more or less did.

'Works with most refund requests under £10 sold directly by amazon not a third party'

You just left two words out - 'This scam'.
Maxash198620 m ago

Ticking the option item not needed then stating duplicate christmas …Ticking the option item not needed then stating duplicate christmas present in the notes how is that taking advantage of their refund policy. I would have sent it back but they chose to say keep it.

But you're encouraging people to take advantage.
OldEnglish1 h, 28 m ago

Thanks!
Be sure to order some batteries as they cant take returns on them either!
OldEnglish1 h, 39 m ago

Me too. Games night at mine? Though it'll have to wait till I get my refund cos I haven't got money for beer and snacks.
miikeyblue11th Jan

Me too. Games night at mine? Though it'll have to wait till I get my …Me too. Games night at mine? Though it'll have to wait till I get my refund cos I haven't got money for beer and snacks.

You ordering those from Amazon Pantry too?
Biddy240 m ago

You ordering those from Amazon Pantry too?

Yep. They can't accept returns of food, right?
miikeyblue11th Jan

Me too. Games night at mine? Though it'll have to wait till I get my …Me too. Games night at mine? Though it'll have to wait till I get my refund cos I haven't got money for beer and snacks.

Sounds good.
Think you will find it's based on percentage on quantity not time and resets every 333 orders not items . Over 25 percent of returns up to said figure and your account is "put on hold " . If you only return one item from an order consisting of multiple items the complete order number is classed as a return , unfair but who said life is fair
I despise amazon now, customer service is inconsistent and half their policies make no sense.

They blocked me and the missus ordering more than one pc component each (we apparently abused the one per customer rule dispite each having a separate long established account, enforcement of that policy clearly rather ott in that scenario).

They also refused to refund the difference on an item that dropped in price globally on delivery day, I had to return the item, delivery at their expense and get another sent at the new price with delivery again at their expense.

Never used to be this inconvenient to shop on amazon....
Edited by: "delusion" 12th Jan
Biddy222 h, 16 m ago

They have the right to decide who they choose to do business with. You …They have the right to decide who they choose to do business with. You aren’t entitled to shop with whoever you want. If you do too many refunds, they will ban you from shopping with them. That is their own right and it has happened to many people. Nobody is saying you’re at fault in this one instance, but your post and comments definitely seem to be trying to encourage others to do the same en masse. Your title is even “Amazon free items”.

As above, they don't have to have you as a customer. They don't have to have a reason, in the same way a shop/bar doesn't have to serve you.
If they don't want you as a customer then that's their choice.
They have allowed me to keep my shampoos which one of them leaked in package so fair point but they gave me a replacement.

Last month i returned a mascara and face powder which also came as damaged and used but they wanted them back.
I spose they let you keep them as a one off.
I simply can't fault Amazon. Ordered a bottle of whisky recently and was a day late on delivery. I wasn't complaining (though it was on prime so expect next day). Got a month extension AND £10 Amazon gift card. Whisky turned up the the day after so just a day late.

And before Xmas I ordered a wrong size bed protector for my child. My fault entirely. They said chuck it and order again whilst they refunded the original. (I gave it away rather than throw it away).

Top service and emails are replied to within minutes!
If you don't believe the warnings about too many Amazon returns have a read of this
theguardian.com/mon…nce
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions