Amazon returns question

Posted 26th MayEdited by:"spoo"
I need to return an item I bought on Amazon.co.uk from a USA based seller, the item sent isn't what I ordered, the seller has admitted via Amazon messaging that it's due to a listing error on their part and have said they will give me a full refund if I return the item.

I started the return process on Amazon and have been emailed a label which I was expecting to be prepaid but it's not, I have to pay postage myself (to the USA!) which should then be refunded.

Is this right? I'm sure the last time I returned an item through Amazon the postage was prepaid. Are the rules different for other sellers?
Community Updates
Ask
2 Comments
Amazon UK says that non-UK-based sellers must (not may) provide pre-paid return label, or refund without requirement to return. Request label from seller, or contact Amazon UK CS to prompt seller to provide label.

"...International returns
If you are located outside the country you are selling in, you must do one of the following:
* Provide buyers with a return address that is in the country you are registered to sell in.
For example, if your listing is on Amazon.co.uk, the return address must be within the United Kingdom.
* Provide buyers with a pre-paid returns label.
* Offer a refund without requesting the item to be returned..."

sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/…_GB
AndyRoyd26/05/2020 16:35

Amazon UK says that non-UK-based sellers must (not may) provide pre-paid …Amazon UK says that non-UK-based sellers must (not may) provide pre-paid return label, or refund without requirement to return. Request label from seller, or contact Amazon UK CS to prompt seller to provide label."...International returnsIf you are located outside the country you are selling in, you must do one of the following:* Provide buyers with a return address that is in the country you are registered to sell in.For example, if your listing is on Amazon.co.uk, the return address must be within the United Kingdom.* Provide buyers with a pre-paid returns label.* Offer a refund without requesting the item to be returned..."https://sellercentral.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/external/G200708210?language=en_GB

Excellent, thank you.

I'll quote that and send the link to the seller.
Post a comment
@
    Text