Amazon saying item delivered

Found 3rd Aug
I was due an item to be delivered on Thursday 3rd August, I tried my tracking later in the day and it stated delivered attempted at 2pm. I knew this was not true so I checked my cctv.

The driver actually went to my neighbours address and not mine, I complained to amazon and they said they would pass the message on and gave me a £5 goodwill credit and said they will make sure it want happen again

I then log in at around 11pm and it then said delivered and handed to resident at 6pm, which was a total lie, I checked my cctv and I can’t even see the driver in my road or his van at the time it stated delivered and I checked the whole day, the only time he came was at 2 pm which he went to wrong address and I can clearly see him walking back to his van with parcel

it's high value item £400.

I complained to amazon and they said they would send message to the courier company then only 10 minutes later I get email saying :

I wanted to let you know we’ve received an update from the carrier and they’ve let me know that your parcel for order was delivered to correct location.

im fuming, I contacted amazon again this time by phone and they said as it says delivered they cant do anything and I will need to file police report and I told them but I have cctv evidence they did not want to know they just said provide this to the police .

they wouldn’t given me the drivers mobile number, name or even the courier companies phone number as they claim they don’t have this, Its amazon amazon logistics.

I feel I am being called a lair and a thief, just by how I feel I been treated.

i do not mind filing police report and showing cctv to the police of the day in question but why is it left to my to try and get my money back and prove my case which could no take weeks if not longer, if amazon gave drivers number or at least spoken to the driver it could of easily been cleared up.

But now I never want to shop with Amazon again.

How can Amazon get a reply from a courier company this late at night and that quickly? How can they not give details of courier company?

So if I did not have cctv I would be made liable?

I can’t understand why driver claimed he came out again 4 hours later when it said on my tracking delivery will be attempted again Friday
Community Updates
Ask
34 Comments
try calling again often it's a gamble finding someone on the other side of a phone who has any idea of what they are doing, or request a supervisor/manager when it get's to something as abysmal as your situation
Thanks, the first person could not speak English that well so it was hard work, i have tried again and this time asked for supervisor and I explained I have cctv and don’t mind involving the police and media they said they will bedoing a internal investigation and will let me know the outcome within 24/48hours, I sent some cctv footage now too.

i mean it can’t be that hard for them to just ring this driver directly and question him and I can’t see how they could go agasint cctv evidence, so I am hoping it be resolved shortly.

If all else fails I guess I’ll just chargeback and report it to the Police and do Amazons job for them.
Edited by: "R-e-x" 3rd Aug
Felicitous9 m ago

try calling again often it's a gamble finding someone on the other side of …try calling again often it's a gamble finding someone on the other side of a phone who has any idea of what they are doing, or request a supervisor/manager when it get's to something as abysmal as your situation

I've had a package delivered before that was obviously missing one of the things I had ordered given how light it was, there was also additional tape on the packaging as though it had either been opened already or fallen apart and part had fallen out (which would be possible as it was one of the not totally closed package boxes they use) it was a surprisingly easy fix for me though just told them what happened and they sent another out.

a different time I ordered something, came with a small break in it and also missing the patch kit that was supposed to be supplied should such an instance occur, the person I first spoke to was like a robot but less competent, they did get me a replacement but nearly a full week later when the order had been time sensitive, the next day a random stranger shows up to my house asking for the return, the original phone operative apparently set that p without telling me or emailing me this information so obviously had to turn them away.
and in the last week, nearly 2 months after this incident, I got charged for this same item again, because of the original screw up with the return that was scheduled without asking or informing me, because the automated system had a return that was never resolved they just took the money out of my account, because of that first person's incompetence, utterly abysmal service from that one person - 90% of the time amazon are pretty helpful for me though, occasionally have to talk to a few people until someone can do anything about problems with simple solutions
Yes I normally have great experience with Amazon, that’s why I am shocked at this experience, all she told me was she was following protocol and as courier company stated they delivered to the correct location they couldn’t do anything.

So what happens if you get a driver that’s a thief or delivers to a wrong address is a customer now responsible? Not everyone’s has cctv. So would these people be classed as guilty until you prove your innocence?

Common sense hasn’t clearly been used he went the wrong address prior yet he comes again 4 hours later and they trust that this time he got it right? I can’t even see him on my road at the time he claimed he handed it to a resident.

wound me up so much I spent ages trying to get my cctv of my system on to usb stick, now I can’t sleep due to the annoyance of it all.

just hoping someone with common sense phones me back Friday
Clearly you haven't signed for the parcel, it's Amazon's responsibility to ensure you receive it. Not sure what their problem is, but they've been second to none for me in terms of customer service.

I wouldn't be surprised if the item actually gets delivered later on today.
Agree with above. I would imagine a £400 item would require a signature? Did you mention this on the phone?
This now seems to be Amazon's policy on items marked as delivered, but not received. It's a useless policy as you are not the victim of a crime - Amazon Logistics have either lost the parcel, or the courier has stolen the package from Amazon Logistics, making them the victim.

I would raise it to an official complaint - I'm Amazon GPS their Logistics drivers, so if you can see there was no delivery attempt then they should be able to tell. I had to make a complaint about a gift card issue I was having 18 months ago and they quickly resolved it even though it had been rolling on weeks without any resolution.

If that doesn't work its chargeback time. You shouldn't have to, but you don't need to play their game. It's sad, as their customer service used to be immaculate, but I guess that exposed them to scams so they've tightened up in a bad way.
Charge back
Contact jeff@amazon.com or something. Someone high up maintains that email so theres a good chance they can resolve the issue.

Can’t remember if that’s the right email.
FUAARRKK24 m ago

Contact jeff@amazon.com or something. Someone high up maintains that email …Contact jeff@amazon.com or something. Someone high up maintains that email so theres a good chance they can resolve the issue.Can’t remember if that’s the right email.

Lol
Thursday 3rd August? Yesterday (Thurday) was the 2nd. Maybe they meant delivery is scheduled for today?
Amazon cannot provide the drivers number due to GDPR. Amazon like many others regularly get people claiming that they have CCTV and demanding refunds or replacement for high value items, they will wait for it to be reported to the police as then you could be charged for making a false report to the police if you were dodgy. Sadly the onus is on your to prove that you haven’t received it and just doing a chargeback will likely lead to your amazon account getting blocked.

I would suggest going to the police as this driver will likely continue to steal parcels if unchallenged and further parcels of yours will go missing in the future.
squiff40 m ago

Thursday 3rd August? Yesterday (Thurday) was the 2nd. Maybe they meant …Thursday 3rd August? Yesterday (Thurday) was the 2nd. Maybe they meant delivery is scheduled for today?

Sorry I mean 2nd August was half asleep when posted.

cmdr_elito

Well I cant see how they could dispute cctv evidence I also have him on cctv on my road at 2pm the same day when he originally took it to the wrong address but now no where to be seen 4 hours later when he claimed of tried again and handed it to a resident at 6pm.

I never made any prior claims before, I am more then happy to have police view my cctv on the day in question but I find it a disgrace that my integrity is questioned over a courier driver.

I cant understand why amazon can’t give me the phone number of the driver when I been carded by other courier companies before and they left mobile numbers and I find it hard to believe amazon also has no contact number so they can’t even ring this person themselves even if they wanted too, at least give me a phone number for Amazon logistics but I am also told they do not have this either.

This issue could probably be easily resolved if I could actually speak to the courier company myself.
R-e-x2 m ago

Sorry I mean 2nd August was half asleep when posted.cmdr_elito Well I cant …Sorry I mean 2nd August was half asleep when posted.cmdr_elito Well I cant see how they could dispute cctv evidence I also have him on cctv on my road at 2pm the same day when he originally took it to the wrong address but now no where to be seen 4 hours later when he claimed of tried again and handed it to a resident at 6pm.I never made any prior claims before, I am more then happy to have police view my cctv on the day in question but I find it a disgrace that my integrity is questioned over a courier driver. I cant understand why amazon can’t give me the phone number of the driver when I been carded by other courier companies before and they left mobile numbers and I find it hard to believe amazon also has no contact number so they can’t even ring this person themselves even if they wanted too, at least give me a phone number for Amazon logistics but I am also told they do not have this either.This issue could probably be easily resolved if I could actually speak to the courier company myself.

Why should you be deemed more trustworthy than a courier who is just another human being at the end of the day? Why is that a disgrace?
It's Amazon that are responsible for the package until you receive it, if they're playing funny buggers and don't want to obide by the distance selling regulations and resolve their issue then just call your card issuer and file a chargeback.
Cakeboy7913 m ago

Why should you be deemed more trustworthy than a courier who is just …Why should you be deemed more trustworthy than a courier who is just another human being at the end of the day? Why is that a disgrace?

Because Amazon should be impartial, but it seems the driver is deemed more trustworthy just because he claimed he handed it to the resident.

The driver already tried to deliver the item to the wrong location 4 hours earlier and now I am expected to believe he came out again on the same day and found the correct address even though he is no where to be seen on cctv.

The driver should be made to come to the location again and to resolve this issue, instead I am left to get evidence and prove my case.

Only when I asked speak to a supervisor was my case looked into again, but I am still not hopeful because all the courier company need to say is we delivered to the correct location. I am not given a contact details for this courier company which would make it easier, and if I could actually speak to the driver I know it could probably be easily resolved.
Surely the van / phone has GPS, usually you can see where the driver is on the map (if your drop is within the next 15 or so), it probably logs the location when the item is signed for or marked as delivered.
Asura13 m ago

Surely the van / phone has GPS, usually you can see where the driver is on …Surely the van / phone has GPS, usually you can see where the driver is on the map (if your drop is within the next 15 or so), it probably logs the location when the item is signed for or marked as delivered.

This maybe so but that does not prove he delivered it to the next street round the courier or a few doors down or stolen the package.

I have asked for a description of the person he claimed to of handed the parcel to and the description of outside my home
chocci2 h, 57 m ago

Lol

Why lol? Bezos is famous for reading complaint emails and I'd certainly at least cc him on an email to Amazon CS.
terriclarkfan23 m ago

Why lol? Bezos is famous for reading complaint emails and I'd certainly at …Why lol? Bezos is famous for reading complaint emails and I'd certainly at least cc him on an email to Amazon CS.

So what's his email address then?
Well to my surprise my order just been delivered, by a driver never I have never seen before, yet amazon was adamant that it was delivered yesterday and they claimed that courier company also confirmed delivery.

I went round all my neighbours, sending cctv and they even suggested I made a police report and probably want even get a phone call of apology.

I spent thousands with Amazon been a loyal prime member for years but this has left a bad taste as I felt I was being called a lair or a thief
Asura3 h, 1 m ago

Surely the van / phone has GPS, usually you can see where the driver is on …Surely the van / phone has GPS, usually you can see where the driver is on the map (if your drop is within the next 15 or so), it probably logs the location when the item is signed for or marked as delivered.

The GPS isn’t that accurate so to cheat the system wait down the road out of sight of any household cameras. Also you can buy a GPS jammer to plug into the cigarette lighter if you need to nip home off the route to offload your stolen goods.
R-e-x7 m ago

Well to my surprise my order just been delivered, by a driver never I have …Well to my surprise my order just been delivered, by a driver never I have never seen before, yet amazon was adamant that it was delivered yesterday and they claimed that courier company also confirmed delivery.I went round all my neighbours, sending cctv and they even suggested I made a police report and probably want even get a phone call of apology.I spent thousands with Amazon been a loyal prime member for years but this has left a bad taste as I felt I was being called a lair or a thief

It’s a common thing to get false delivered updates when they aren’t going to hit their delivery promised date. I used to panic and go on live chat, now I just wait for the next day before I contact CS. I do wonder if the driver gets a penalty for not hitting the target so lie and deliver the following day
Edited by: "pinkleponkle" 3rd Aug
R-e-x6 m ago

Well to my surprise my order just been delivered, by a driver never I have …Well to my surprise my order just been delivered, by a driver never I have never seen before, yet amazon was adamant that it was delivered yesterday and they claimed that courier company also confirmed delivery.I went round all my neighbours, sending cctv and they even suggested I made a police report and probably want even get a phone call of apology.I spent thousands with Amazon been a loyal prime member for years but this has left a bad taste as I felt I was being called a lair or a thief

Pleased you got your order delivered
I noticed Thursday has been removed from the tracking history and now says the time and day it was delivered today. This probably end up confusing amazon as they still investigating.

Driver made me sign for it so I am sure after my complaint the previous driver suddenly found it or they collected it from another address. I wonder if it had shown up if I not had cctv or insisted amazon investigate further.

I will have to ring them to explain but all I want really is a an apology. My own fault I guess for stressing myself out over it, thanks for all your comments and suggestions
R-e-x45 m ago

I noticed Thursday has been removed from the tracking history and now says …I noticed Thursday has been removed from the tracking history and now says the time and day it was delivered today. This probably end up confusing amazon as they still investigating.Driver made me sign for it so I am sure after my complaint the previous driver suddenly found it or they collected it from another address. I wonder if it had shown up if I not had cctv or insisted amazon investigate further.I will have to ring them to explain but all I want really is a an apology. My own fault I guess for stressing myself out over it, thanks for all your comments and suggestions

with my experience with amazon you should usually get some credit to your account for the level of ineptitude demonstrated here, plus the accusations you have mentioned.
Felicitous2 h, 30 m ago

with my experience with amazon you should usually get some credit to your …with my experience with amazon you should usually get some credit to your account for the level of ineptitude demonstrated here, plus the accusations you have mentioned.

Yes they offered me some compensation, but it’s not something I was seeking I would sooner have the courier company and amazon call me directly to apologise.

I felt amazon were calling me a lair yesterday, they wanted me to also file a police report as well as sending my cctv and now turns out it was driver error all along. Amazon also claim they will administer additional training for both the driver and the investigating team but I will now struggle to believe anything amazon says.
R-e-x3 m ago

Yes they offered me some compensation, but it’s not something I was s …Yes they offered me some compensation, but it’s not something I was seeking I would sooner have the courier company and amazon call me directly to apologise.I felt amazon were calling me a lair yesterday, they wanted me to also file a police report as well as sending my cctv and now turns out it was driver error all along. Amazon also claim they will administer additional training for both the driver and the investigating team but I will now struggle to believe anything amazon says.

I understand. It would annoy the hell out of me too. But they must follow a procedure. They can't just do what they please, like send out a new item even though it says delivered.
I would just be relieved now and forget about it.
rev610 m ago

I understand. It would annoy the hell out of me too. But they must follow …I understand. It would annoy the hell out of me too. But they must follow a procedure. They can't just do what they please, like send out a new item even though it says delivered.I would just be relieved now and forget about it.

Yes I understand that they just can’t take everyone’s word, but once they had a message back from the courier that it was delivered to the correct location, Amazon just refused to do anything, that’s basically calling me a lair.

Basically I was told tough luck, only when I asked for supervisor and stated I had cctv did they investigate further and who knows if I had not sent in my cctv and pressed on the matter maybe my parcel would of not shown up today then I would of been made liable.

Either way it’s scary thought if a driver happens to go to the wrong address or steals your parcel it’s then left to the customer to deal with.

Yes I am relieved now and I do appreciate everyone’s feedback, yes I know it maybe little problem compared to some people’s, but was still nice to get advice and have a moan.

Thank you
R-e-x7 m ago

Yes I understand that they just can’t take everyone’s word, but once they h …Yes I understand that they just can’t take everyone’s word, but once they had a message back from the courier that it was delivered to the correct location, Amazon just refused to do anything, that’s basically calling me a lair.Basically I was told tough luck, only when I asked for supervisor and stated I had cctv did they investigate further and who knows if I had not sent in my cctv and pressed on the matter maybe my parcel would of not shown up today then I would of been made liable.Either way it’s scary thought if a driver happens to go to the wrong address or steals your parcel it’s then left to the customer to deal with.Yes I am relieved now and I do appreciate everyone’s feedback, yes I know it maybe little problem compared to some people’s, but was still nice to get advice and have a moan.Thank you

I had a similar problem a while back when an item was delivered (not to me) but said it was. No proof. Couple of days later, knock on the door from a neighbour with my parcel. No note or anything

Luckily it was a cheap item so I didn't worry, much
rev61 h, 8 m ago

I had a similar problem a while back when an item was delivered (not to …I had a similar problem a while back when an item was delivered (not to me) but said it was. No proof. Couple of days later, knock on the door from a neighbour with my parcel. No note or anythingLuckily it was a cheap item so I didn't worry, much

I've had that happen to me too, a friend I know in liverpool had something worse happen with DPD, the driver forged the signature of the building manager when they sent something to the wrong building, said manager wasn't at the building on the day though, still took months to sort it out legally due to the fraud aspect.

R-e-x1 h, 29 m ago

Yes they offered me some compensation, but it’s not something I was s …Yes they offered me some compensation, but it’s not something I was seeking I would sooner have the courier company and amazon call me directly to apologise.I felt amazon were calling me a lair yesterday, they wanted me to also file a police report as well as sending my cctv and now turns out it was driver error all along. Amazon also claim they will administer additional training for both the driver and the investigating team but I will now struggle to believe anything amazon says.

I am curious to find out if hypothetically you had done as amazon had suggested and filed the police report already, I wonder if Amazon would have been fined for wasting police resources in that event, i.e. they took no action to investigate themselves
Hi just wondered if this got sorted out, I use amazon a lot and it’s scary to think you’d have no interest from then if you had a parcel of that value go missing.
I’ve just seen your message that it was delivered.
rubyroo150915 m ago

Hi just wondered if this got sorted out, I use amazon a lot and it’s scary …Hi just wondered if this got sorted out, I use amazon a lot and it’s scary to think you’d have no interest from then if you had a parcel of that value go missing.

Yes it all got sorted

I got some competition and an apology, it was driver error, seems he scanned it as delivered by accident, then amazon didn’t investigate correctly but I was assured it will not happen again. It’s first issue I had in this regard and I spent thousands with Amazon so wouldn’t worry too much as it’s not common occurrence thankfully.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants