Amazon Search Results "fixed"

Found 9th Aug
Has anyone else noticed that Amazon doesnt return all entries in a search category ?

I have noticed issues in the past, but it was really blatant in a search I did last night.

SWMBO's SSD died, and I needed to get a new one; I have been very happy with the brand, yet entering the term "SSD" didnt bring up one entry for that brand, despite numerous no-name brands popping up.
Yet when I entered the brand name, a dozen entries suddenly appeared, as well as another few dozen no-name brands.

This is a different issue to the famous bug that deletes 90% of the products searched for when you try to rearrange the display order by price etc.

I am also annoyed that Amazon wont honour the 3 year warranty on the dead SSD, I am having to go directly to the manufacturer to RMA it; which means it is taking a lot longer to get it RMA'ed and replaced.
Community Updates
Misc
4 Comments
SSD dying before 3 years but happy with it still?

Not surprised this happens, not sure there is any reason would do this on propose, prime sold products will show up higher due to several.reasing, they make more money , and customers are most typically looking for prime for quick delivery, if the item is prime then I guess it's a bug as Amazon gets paid same for all prime products (price dependent)
It may depend on what tags the items have been given as to which searches they show up in. Amazon should honour the first year of the warranty but after that it is down to the manufacturer. Good luck.
quite often the 'same' items are actually sorted within slightly different areas of the site
had that recently with a phone, typing the model name gave x results but then filtering that to the phone section removed many of them
Creatishh9th Aug

SSD dying before 3 years but happy with it still?Not surprised this …SSD dying before 3 years but happy with it still?Not surprised this happens, not sure there is any reason would do this on propose, prime sold products will show up higher due to several.reasing, they make more money , and customers are most typically looking for prime for quick delivery, if the item is prime then I guess it's a bug as Amazon gets paid same for all prime products (price dependent)

I have (had) four of this brands SSDs, the oldest is still going strong after about more than 10 years of use.

The blurb about SSD being more reliable than HDD seems to be wrong; I have now had two SSDs die in the last 3 years, and only one HDD; and THAT HDD was nearly 8 years old, the other SSD died after only a couple of weeks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants