Amazon security call

Posted 14th Feb
I've just had a phone call from a Indian sounding lady saying she was from Amazon security, and said someone tried to buy a smart phone from my account and was it me.

Told her no and she asked if I had a email from them asking me told her I hadn't checked yet, she then asked if I could check my email now I said no because I'm at work, she said they would phone back at 2pm today.

sounds a bit dodgy to me but then again I'm always suspicious of out of the blue calls anyone else had call like this ?
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
They don't usually call did they get your name and user id correct, hope you didn't give account details too them but they verified them too you was there a phone number that came up have you googled it too see if it's actually Amazon or a scam caller. Lots of scam callers around and Amazon rarely call like this. I would have told them block ant trancastions and I will call too get it unblocked when I have checked my account and at my time so I'd it's really them then you can have enough time too sort it out if it's not then nothing will have happened on your account.
You are very right to be deeply suspicious. TBH, you gave her more info than I would even answering about 1 email. My first move is to clarify which dept they say they are and then find the number myself on which to call back. .Any attempt to force a conversation there and then only increases suspicion its a false call.
Why would amazon ring you regarding this? Wouldn't it be your bank? Sounds fishy imo, google the number

EDIT: Seems like a scam:

hiya.com/blo…in/
Edited by: "xoisthemotive" 14th Feb
Getting a call from them every day now.
Ive bought a phone or a £300 purchase.

SCAM SCAM SCAM.

I played along for 15 minutes this mornig while making breakfast, Had the bloke shouting rude words at me in the end.
Still chuckling about it now.

Moved on to how good Seven of nine looks in episode 4 of Picard.
I vote HOTTTTTT.
Sorry off topic.
Edited by: "bigwheels" 14th Feb
Thanks everyone I thought it was dodgy from the off, I may just report it to Amazon.
furbars14/02/2020 11:24

Thanks everyone I thought it was dodgy from the off, I may just report it …Thanks everyone I thought it was dodgy from the off, I may just report it to Amazon.

Dont bother, what can they do.

When you call them on 0800 279 7234 the message starts with watch out for scam calls.
Before they even pick up your call.
bigwheels14/02/2020 11:28

Dont bother, what can they do.When you call them on 0800 279 7234 the …Dont bother, what can they do.When you call them on 0800 279 7234 the message starts with watch out for scam calls.Before they even pick up your call.

Iol yep just found that out !
I think that it would be considerate of you to install TeamViewer before she calls back. It would save some time and make the whole process run more smoothly.
Edited by: "Erudite" 14th Feb
You should have yes yes it was me - also was there a dildo in that order and some lubricant?
Lol she rang me back she asked if I was in front of my PC I said yes (of course I wasn't), I just said yes to everything she said then she asked for my user name and password , I started to laugh and she said she wasn't foolish and put the phone down .
Seems like a scam to me.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants