Found 6th Jan
I just bought QNAP NAS system from Amazon marketplace seller but after placing order i noticed statement below.

New
Before buying contact us at: doonsamy#gmail.com(change # to @)Thanks

Do you guys think its scam?
I had a chat with Amazon and they confirmed he is genuine seller but still worried about my details going in wrong hand.

Should have checked before buying but saw a very good deal and purchased it instantly without thinking.

22 Comments

Sloth/Mod

Will be a hijacked sellers account. Amazon are useless when it comes to dealing with them. Your money will be safe though and is protected.You'll need to raise a claim.

Original Poster

Syzable

Will be a hijacked sellers account. Amazon are useless when it comes to … Will be a hijacked sellers account. Amazon are useless when it comes to dealing with them. Your money will be safe though and is protected.You'll need to raise a claim.

Thanks. Do you know if they have my payment details to scam further like use my card details elsewhere to take out money?

Banned

email addresses are banned for a reason in messages. This is a scam. There is no reason for you to contact the seller apart from them wanting to hide the messages from amazon.

Banned

They wont have your payment details unless you emailed them.

If just ordered you should be able to cancel easy enough

Sloth/Mod

vsh1

Thanks. Do you know if they have my payment details to scam further like … Thanks. Do you know if they have my payment details to scam further like use my card details elsewhere to take out money?

No, only Amazon have your card info as long as you used the normal Amazon Checkout procedure

These account hacks are getting more common but Amazon are either totally oblivious or don't care when you report them. Very frustrating

Can you post a link to the URL?

Original Poster

HasnainMajeed

They wont have your payment details unless you emailed them.

Thanks.
No i did not contact them at all, however contacted Amazon and they confirmed they are 100 genuine and said payment is protected.

vsh1

Thanks.No i did not contact them at all, however contacted Amazon and … Thanks.No i did not contact them at all, however contacted Amazon and they confirmed they are 100 genuine and said payment is protected.

They simply won't send to you, it's a scam account

The use of the '#' in the email may be as simple as trying to prevent 'bots' from harvesting their email address.

Perhaps the seller providing an email is a way of contacting them pre-sales if you have any questions to ask, even through they are not making that clear. Not sure if you can do this through Amazon directly as I don't use it much.

Not sure why people are suggesting it is a scam without any evidence. I think you are doing the right thing by contacting Amazon and getting details from them. Make sure you keep a copy of your communication with Amazon in case there are any problems.

Original Poster

myapps

The use of the '#' in the email may be as simple as trying to prevent … The use of the '#' in the email may be as simple as trying to prevent 'bots' from harvesting their email address.Perhaps the seller providing an email is a way of contacting them pre-sales if you have any questions to ask, even through they are not making that clear. Not sure if you can do this through Amazon directly as I don't use it much.Not sure why people are suggesting it is a scam without any evidence. I think you are doing the right thing by contacting Amazon and getting details from them. Make sure you keep a copy of your communication with Amazon in case there are any problems.

I have copy of the transcript sent to my email. It well could be scam but not according to Amazon so I want to wait for few days in case they honour the deal specially when amazon confirmed they are genuine and i will be refunded in full in case of any problem.

Original Poster

Thank you all.
Just got email from seller that my order is cancelled and no money has been taken.

Original Poster

And all sellers item on Amazon now currently unavailable

I would provide that information to Amazon as perhaps that does look a little suspect.

100% SCAM. Amazon sellers would never ask you to contact them outside of Amazon to complete an order. Cancel the order and keep an eye on your credit card

myapps

The use of the '#' in the email may be as simple as trying to prevent … The use of the '#' in the email may be as simple as trying to prevent 'bots' from harvesting their email address.Perhaps the seller providing an email is a way of contacting them pre-sales if you have any questions to ask, even through they are not making that clear. Not sure if you can do this through Amazon directly as I don't use it much.Not sure why people are suggesting it is a scam without any evidence. I think you are doing the right thing by contacting Amazon and getting details from them. Make sure you keep a copy of your communication with Amazon in case there are any problems.

Are you really that daft ? Its a scam, if you email them they ask you to pay direct. hence losing all of amazons protection. If you need to contact them do it via amazon.

All that will happen is they wont dispatch / receive the item, and need to get a refund from amazon, its pretty common now.

googleboogle

Are you really that daft ? Its a scam, if you email them they ask you to … Are you really that daft ? Its a scam, if you email them they ask you to pay direct. hence losing all of amazons protection. If you need to contact them do it via amazon.All that will happen is they wont dispatch / receive the item, and need to get a refund from amazon, its pretty common now.

No not daft at all, read the facts and what I wrote.

The op said he didn't email them the sellers and Amazon said they are a genuine. Thereby the seller asking him to pay direct didn't come into the scenario.

I stated I don't use Amazon much so I wouldn't know if this is a common issue and as I mentioned I didn't know if there was a direct approach to contacting sellers through the market place.

My other comments suggested the OP was taking the sensible approach by only communicating with Amazon.

So in essence if it was between losing out on what could be a good deal, (if I listened to some people's comments) or buying it direct though Amazon being fully protected I would choose the latter. The worse case scenario you will get your money back, the best case is getting a good deal which is better than doing nothing at all.

What I would do further though is to follow this up with Amazon and request why they are allowing this.

myapps

No not daft at all, read the facts and what I wrote.The op said he didn't … No not daft at all, read the facts and what I wrote.The op said he didn't email them the sellers and Amazon said they are a genuine. Thereby the seller asking him to pay direct didn't come into the scenario.I stated I don't use Amazon much so I wouldn't know if this is a common issue and as I mentioned I didn't know if there was a direct approach to contacting sellers through the market place.My other comments suggested the OP was taking the sensible approach by only communicating with Amazon.So in essence if it was between losing out on what could be a good deal, (if I listened to some people's comments) or buying it direct though Amazon being fully protected I would choose the latter. The worse case scenario you will get your money back, the best case is getting a good deal which is better than doing nothing at all.What I would do further though is to follow this up with Amazon and request why they are allowing this.

Amazon allow it as they say its a legit seller, the hook is people emailing them. If it looks too cheap, it is to cheap if you look on amazon their is 1000s of these types of sellers now.

googleboogle

Amazon allow it as they say its a legit seller, the hook is people … Amazon allow it as they say its a legit seller, the hook is people emailing them. If it looks too cheap, it is to cheap if you look on amazon their is 1000s of these types of sellers now.

In other words:

Every Amazon Seller is a legitimate Amazon Seller - up until the point that their account is suspended.
There would be absolutely zero point asking Amazon if the seller is "genuine".

googleboogle

Amazon allow it as they say its a legit seller, the hook is people … Amazon allow it as they say its a legit seller, the hook is people emailing them. If it looks too cheap, it is to cheap if you look on amazon their is 1000s of these types of sellers now.

I'll bear that in mind thanks, useful to know. I did ask for a URL from the OP literally to see if it did seem to cheap, but one wasn't provided.

It's a pity Amazon doesn't do more to prevent this sort of activity. I tend to use Ebay more but it has it's fair share of issues as well.

Original Poster

myapps

I'll bear that in mind thanks, useful to know. I did ask for a URL from … I'll bear that in mind thanks, useful to know. I did ask for a URL from the OP literally to see if it did seem to cheap, but one wasn't provided.It's a pity Amazon doesn't do more to prevent this sort of activity. I tend to use Ebay more but it has it's fair share of issues as well.

Sorry i missed that comment asking for url. No point now as seller has disappeared well his store front is atleast. but link to the item is as below and price was £311

amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1

I wish Amazon would do something about these sellers. The bogus sponsored product "reviews" aren't doing Amazon any favours either. Looks like some people almost make a living out of giving good reviews for free stuff.
Edited by: "captainbeaky" 6th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Swimming goggles for 3 year old21
    2. Parkopedia, can the info be trusted22
    3. What is gearbest like on warranty?78
    4. Whatsup number, confused33

See more discussions